Has Pizza Press Gone Downhill?

Dude! For years it was literally at Carousel right across the main gate area.

Now it’s at Anaheim Motel.

It’s also up in my town AND has a new location in Lake Buena Vista as well (though I did not visit when last at Disney world).
I was confused because it sounded like this was in DLR somewhere. And I wondered why I had never heard of it. Now I know. It is not in DLR. It is outside on Harbor.

:wizard:

Haven't been since they changed locations. We've been to Pizzaterian a couple of times and thought it was pretty good. does Pizza Press still do the $10 anything pizzas?

I visited the new location in Lake Buena Vista a couple of months ago. Seemed pretty good to me. Unlike Anaheim, however, it takes a little doing to get to the LBV location (I had a rental car).

When we were there a few weeks ago we had Napolinis and loved it. So much so, that we came back two days later to have it for lunch again. It also felt like a nice way to take a little break in downtown Disney in the middle of the day.

I used to love Pizza Press when it was at the Carousel Inn. Since it moved, I've been a few times but it has lost much of its appeal when I have to walk that far to get it, so I think for me it's not so much a quality issue as convenience.

I had a pizza from Napolini in January and it was ok but not great IMO. In fact, there was some gray meat that I HATED (sounded a little like prosciutto) and removed; I got it because it came bundled with the pizza that had other things on it I liked. I thought it would be like prosciutto but ugh, I thought it was disgusting. The price was way too high to order the 3 extra toppings I did want on my pizza; you either order a pre-set type or pay a hefty charge per topping, so I ordered a pre-set type and removed the gray meat that tasted awful. The pizza itself is good but I don't like their pricing system.

In fact, there was some gray meat that I HATED (sounded a little like prosciutto) and removed; I got it because it came bundled with the pizza that had other things on it I liked. I thought it would be like prosciutto but ugh, I thought it was disgusting. The price was way too high to order the 3 extra toppings I did want on my pizza; you either order a pre-set type or pay a hefty charge per topping, so I ordered a pre-set type and removed the gray meat that tasted awful. The pizza itself is good but I don't like their pricing system
Porchetta: a savoury, fatty, and moist boneless pork roast of Italian culinary tradition. The carcass is deboned, arranged carefully stuffed with liver, wild fennel, all fat and skin still on spitted, and/or roasted, traditionally over wood for 8+ hours.

Porchetta: a savoury, fatty, and moist boneless pork roast of Italian culinary tradition. The carcass is deboned, arranged carefully stuffed with liver, wild fennel, all fat and skin still on spitted, and/or roasted, traditionally over wood for 8+ hours.
Well, that sure makes it sound good! But sadly, I didn't care for it. Neither did anyone in my party and we're usually happy with things like that. Maybe I just got an off day for the porchetta!

Well, that sure makes it sound good! But sadly, I didn't care for it. Neither did anyone in my party and we're usually happy with things like that. Maybe I just got an off day for the porchetta!
No porchetta judgment here! Just taking a stab at what it probably was based on your description and the menu in case anyone was curious!

No porchetta judgment here! Just taking a stab at what it probably was based on your description and the menu in case anyone was curious!
Ha ha! No porchetta judgment! :rotfl: And yes, you're right--that's what it was.

The price was way too high to order the 3 extra toppings I did want on my pizza; you either order a pre-set type or pay a hefty charge per topping, so I ordered a pre-set type and removed the gray meat that tasted awful. The pizza itself is good but I don't like their pricing system.

Hefty charge? It's $6.95 for a cheese pizza and 50 cents per additional topping. Even with 6 toppings, it's still under $10, which is still a fantastic value, considering how large it is.

Hefty charge? It's $6.95 for a cheese pizza and 50 cents per additional topping. Even with 6 toppings, it's still under $10, which is still a fantastic value, considering how large it is.
Yeah, you're right. I must have been mixed up when I was there because that's the reason I ordered the Roman. It IS a good value at $10 though I would honestly prefer Mod or Pizza Press, where you can add as many toppings as you want and it's more what I like with my plebeian taste buds :D

I was confused because it sounded like this was in DLR somewhere. And I wondered why I had never heard of it. Now I know. It is not in DLR. It is outside on Harbor.

:wizard:

:)

Though I think disney themselves call the whole area the Disneyland Resort, um, area.

Or at least they allow(ed?) the Disneyland Resort Express bus to refer to the greater area in that way.

Though I think disney themselves call the whole area the Disneyland Resort, um, area.

Or at least they allow(ed?) the Disneyland Resort Express bus to refer to the greater area in that way.
Yah, but there is a McDonalds and Subway right there too. To me that is not DLR.

They call it the Anaheim Resort Area.

I’ve never been there myself. But wow. It sounds likely Disney can’t get pizza right. I’ve never heard anything good about Pizza Port/Planet.

Disney did have a good indi pizza that came with a really good salad at WWS. Then, they got rid of it and added the "artisan" style pizza. Ugh, Just bring back the indi pizza with salad and quit messing with something that works.

I was interested to hear the reviews of this place. One just opened near my house and the name made me ponder how many people must prefer flat pizza's to wrinkled ones. :duck:

Oh this is a bummer to hear. When Pizza Press was at the Carousel we ate there all the time and loved it! We haven't been since it moved down the street because our last two trips were super quick, no downtime. We are coming in April and will be able to visit Pizza Press this trip. Hoping it hasn't gone down. We've always considered it the best of this type of pizza place. We live in Phoenix so we have Mod, Blaze, Fired Pie, and Pieology. Of those we think Blaze is the best.

I’ve never been there myself. But wow. It sounds likely Disney can’t get pizza right. I’ve never heard anything good about Pizza Port/Planet.

We actually like Pizza Port/Planet! We eat there pretty much every trip.

We’ve enjoyed pizza press twice now but also tried Blaze on our last trip. We found it to be much better then PP but it’s not like we have ever had a bad pie at PP per se.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!