Has Your Trip Ever Been Too Long?

DisneyRegulars

DIS Veteran
Our past few trips I've always felt were just not quite long enough at seven nights or six nights. We are considering going down for 10,11 or possibly 12 nights next Christmas in two and or one bedroom units in a split stay between AKV and SSR. My questions for you, if you've ever done a longer stay, did it feel too long? Did you wish it had been shorter? Do you have any tips for longer stays?

Yes, but we keep doing it anyway.
I think a week is perfect for feeling the love. We keep staying 10/11 nights to stretch the APs (plus airfare is already paid). By the last couple of days I do start feeling like "We're going to____ again...".
I wish we lived closer so we could visit more frequent and spend less nights each visit.
The split stays have helped us a bit because we tend to spend a good amount of time at the resort.

My questions for you, if you've ever done a longer stay, did it feel too long? Did you wish it had been shorter?
:rotfl2:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The nice thing with a longer trip is you can relax and not feel rushed. Spend a day exploring hotels, Ft Wilderness, water parks etc.., break up the days with the pool. You do not need to spend every moment in line or be at the park from open to close.

Ha! When there was only MK and Epcot, I didn't find 10 days too much! I like down days at the pool and exploring the area and minor attractions as well. Longest trip was 21 days (between dogs) with my dh and my then 2 yr old dd. 21 days at OKW was just great! My dh did spend several afternoons telecommuting--on that big OKW balcony. He still talks about it as heavenly. :sunny:

Nowadays, circumstances don't allow us to do a trip longer than 8 days. I'm glad we did the long trip when we could.

As a DVC member? No. Our first trip was WAY to short. 6 nights, plus one extra night at CSR for a travel day. Just going to WDW? Oh yeah. 11 nights, 10 tickets and a waterpark/DTD day. We were on the move all the time. I was beat by the time we left. It might have been to long because of being on the go all the time though.

Once we start going yearly in 2017, I think the first time we are going to try 10 nights. One as a travel day at a Moderate and then move to AKV for 9 nights in a one bedroom. Do 7 or 8 days in the parks and have a day just to relax. We won't need to try to see/do "everything" now.

No when it was just me, DH and DS. We have had a couple trips with some other people where they were very grumpy and did not enjoy the trip so made it miserable for me and I could not wait to get home.

I like to go for at least 10 nights. Recently we have done a few 2 week trips with a short cruise in the middle.

we're also from the UK and do two weeks, we tend to spend time in the mornings at the parks and chilling at the resort in the afternoon and evenings either a park, DS or off site. We also do a few days at universal as well.

We've done 15n, 18n and 16n (with 5n in Universal in the middle, so 21n in total). Would easily be happy doing a full 21n in Disney, but we take it fairly easy and relax. Again coming from Ireland, with the associated airfare, feels 'uneconomical' to do any less :)

nope....we always do 14 nights and it is just right.
We have non park days and don't go commando. Really enjoy it.

The only time a vacation was too long was a 3 week one....1 week cruise, 2 weeks at WDW and that was only because DGD was so young we felt we missed to much

Our longest trip was 15 days, overnight at Dolphin, 7 at BCV, and 7 at AKV. It was perfect. We did Epcot & DHS on the first week, and AK & MK on week two. We also spent a lot of time by the pool, exploring Orlando, and resort hopping. Our average stay is 7 days. We're going for 10 days in June with the same plan, parks every other day, and just hang out when we're tired. May visit Universal if we have the energy.

I'm afraid that if I did longer than a week, my clients would discover that they don't need me anymore! :D

Maybe that's why a week (even 7 nights) never seems like quite long enough. :(

Since we need to fly (well, choose to), we like to get as many days as possible out of ever stay. We fly from Indiana and have generally done 8-9 night stays. That has been a good length for us over the past 7 years. We did a last minute trip in December for the last year of the Osborne light and only stayed 4 nights. I thought it would be too short, but we were able to accomplish what we wanted in that time. We are really looking forward to our trip this summer. We have 9 nights at AKV followed by 6 nights at BCV, all in 1BR villas. We plan to slowing down and enjoy the resorts, with a few hours in the parks most days to use our FP+ selections. We really want to take advantage of the resort amenities and activities this time.

No, it's never been too long!

The longest we have ever been at one time is 7 nights and 8 days. It never seemed like enough, so this year we are going for 9 nights and 10 days. Already, we are wondering how to plan those "extra" days. I would like to have some more resort time, especially since we are staying at the BWV, but my husband is already thinking about additional park times and sit-down meals.

We have some time to make the decisions...

For me 10 nights per resort is just about right. We had a 21 night stay at BWV and that was too long without a change.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter