Haunted Mansion 50th Anniversary event

Doesn't sound like you get much for your $300 per person. They should at least be giving all of the food and drinks for free for that price.

Exactly! $229 per person for 3 hours between 1-4am with what sounds an awful lot like what they had for the Valentines Disney After Dark, some photo backdrops with hours long queues

Exactly! $229 per person for 3 hours between 1-4am with what sounds an awful lot like what they had for the Valentines Disney After Dark, some photo backdrops with hours long queues

Worse than that. It's $299 per ticket.

I wonder what the purpose is of having people queue up 2 hours before the event. I couldn't imagine standing for 2 hours waiting to go through the gate. I know they will have plenty of people who will do that, but it's crazy to me.

1. We
    I wonder what the purpose is of having people queue up 2 hours before the event. I couldn't imagine standing for 2 hours waiting to go through the gate. I know they will have plenty of people who will do that, but it's crazy to me.
    It includes admission to the park for the day as well. So you can visit before the event actually begins.

1. We

It includes admission to the park for the day as well. So you can visit before the event actually begins.
where did you see it has admission to the park? I was trying to see that info and couldn't find it. If I can get a ticket I'm planning on going.

If you happen to get a ticket but no one you know does, can you give the ticket to someone else?

1. We

I couldn't find this either. I see where you are allowed to be at the event store at the Disneyland Hotel during the day, but $300 for 3 hours in part of the park, where you can buy food and merchandise, seems high even for this girl that throws money at Disney. Now if the memento is a Dooney - I'm definitely in

1. We

All I have been able to see is it grants you shopping rights at the DLH before the event and entrance to the event. I am all for throwing money at Disney. My ex-husband and I when we went to WDW paid for the extra morning where only 3 rides were open and you got breakfast simply to ride 7DMT over and over again (literally 12 times in a row before doing another ride and coming back to it). But to gamble only getting 1 ticket that is non-refundable and non-transferable to have 3 hours in the park to buy food and merchandise is pushing my desire to want to do it. I would probably go if I knew I could get 2 tickets, but it doesn't seem like they are aiming for regular guests with this event.

Ugh, so disappointed they are doing the limit of one ticket. I was planning on trying to get tickets for DH and I, but I'm not willing to chance only getting one. Oh well, my wallet will be happy at least.

I'm still on the fence about this one. I don't see the tickets listed under the special events tickets on the Disney website, are they not being sold there? I have a reservation for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge on June 15th and will be purchasing a park ticket to attend that. If I give up my reservation, I could apply that money towards this event but for only three hours and then double the cost of a park ticket, I just don't know. Hmmmm LOL

I'm still on the fence about this one. I don't see the tickets listed under the special events tickets on the Disney website, are they not being sold there? I have a reservation for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge on June 15th and will be purchasing a park ticket to attend that. If I give up my reservation, I could apply that money towards this event but for only three hours and then double the cost of a park ticket, I just don't know. Hmmmm LOL
There is a website made just for this event, including tickets: Link Here

I'm really going back and forth with this event. If I don't end up with at least two tickets it will not be worth attending. I'm not local, so I have hotel and airfare to figure out. I'm so so on the merch. Who is interested in a cupcake at 3am? I know there probably will be some awesome show/event though that I will be disappointed not witnessing. They didn't give us much time to think about this did they?

Anyone else giving it a go?

where did you see it has admission to the park? I was trying to see that info and couldn't find it. If I can get a ticket I'm planning on going.

I couldn't find this either. I see where you are allowed to be at the event store at the Disneyland Hotel during the day, but $300 for 3 hours in part of the park, where you can buy food and merchandise, seems high even for this girl that throws money at Disney. Now if the memento is a Dooney - I'm definitely in

This is absolutely not the case. Nowhere does it say that you get admission to either park at any time prior to Midnight.

All I have been able to see is it grants you shopping rights at the DLH before the event and entrance to the event. I am all for throwing money at Disney. My ex-husband and I when we went to WDW paid for the extra morning where only 3 rides were open and you got breakfast simply to ride 7DMT over and over again (literally 12 times in a row before doing another ride and coming back to it). But to gamble only getting 1 ticket that is non-refundable and non-transferable to have 3 hours in the park to buy food and merchandise is pushing my desire to want to do it. I would probably go if I knew I could get 2 tickets, but it doesn't seem like they are aiming for regular guests with this event.

I called Disneyland yesterday to ask about this event. According to the cast member it does include admission to the park, but not for parking. And you may use the ticket cost portion to upgrade to an annual pass, or multi-day ticket. She said that's $150 right there, so the event its self is only $149. Sounded ok. BUT SINCE THEN.....I have re-read the event information and no where do I see what she said, other than no parking included. Then just now it occurred to me, that perhaps what she was referring to is not needing an additional admission ticket to the park for the event. That or it's not in the fine print. All I know is that in that information, it says you may que up at 11:30 p.m. I have to wait till tomorrow to call again.
Personally I am so incredibly disappointed in this event. I thought for sure it would be even more awesome than the 40th anniversary, which I thoroughly enjoyed. And it included a sit down dinner and a slice of wedding cake, along with punch. Not any of that cash grab for an additional price foodie business. I was excited for the 40th, but not the 50th. And it honestly makes me extremely sad to say that. Disneyland had TEN YEARS, TEN! to produce a most excellent anniversary, but instead it is this poorly planned, almost joke of an event. Good going! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter