Have a water Lauren, Seriously - F&W Adults only Finished 3/8

We headed in and I had to stop for some PP pics (we slacked on stopping for PP pics in August, so now my goal is to take a ton on the rest of these trips)!

I love a magic shot, I have to remember to ask for them more often!

I love that magic shot! I've never seen that one before!

Sounds like a fun evening at Epcot! Weird they weren't filling in row 3 on Soarin. :confused3

The food looks so delicious!! Especially the corned beef which I haven't had in years. We were supposed to go the last 10 days of October and we were so excited to finally be going during Food & Wine Festival but had to reschedule for April 2020. Enjoying your TR!

Yay on finally getting your coffee :yay:

Great photo pass pics and I think you look great in the shot before you managed to get your hands on the coffee as well!

Haha on Rob not listening to you and making a rookie error...I can’t wait to experience F&W

Ah you started off so well...hopefully we’ll get more pics later

this Uber driver was new? or just didn't know what he was doing? But he took us to the employee lot and did some loops but we finally made it to Epcot!

You mean you didn't want the scenic tour of the employee lot? lol

That corned beef was so delicious!

I love that magic shot! I've never seen that one before!

Sounds like a fun evening at Epcot! Weird they weren't filling in row 3 on Soarin. :confused3

So strange right? luckily our wait was still pretty short!

I was so happy with this magic shot!

Sounds like a fun time! Cute PP pics :)

It was! thank you!

The food looks so delicious!! Especially the corned beef which I haven't had in years. We were supposed to go the last 10 days of October and we were so excited to finally be going during Food & Wine Festival but had to reschedule for April 2020. Enjoying your TR!

It is not a food i normally order, especially after i tried to make it for St. patty's day once... that was a disaster! but it was really good done this way!

Oh bummer, but you will get Flower and Garden which is so Lovely!

Yay on finally getting your coffee :yay:

Great photo pass pics and I think you look great in the shot before you managed to get your hands on the coffee as well!

DEF needed that coffee i was like a new woman!

Haha on Rob not listening to you and making a rookie error...I can’t wait to experience F&W

HAH right? MEN

Ah you started off so well...hopefully we’ll get more pics later

More pics to come... but food pictures are not my strong area thats for sure!

You mean you didn't want the scenic tour of the employee lot? lol

It is not the last one we get this trip! 🤪

That corned beef was so delicious!

That it was, i wish i could have some right now actually my eggs for dinner did not cut it!

Our plan was to do a loop around world showcase and go to the British revolution set at 7 and then again at 8. We enjoy this band and always find it fun.

Next we went to islands of the Caribbean and split an empanadas and I got a frozen mojito. I loved this empanada! Rob got a margarita and we continued our walk.

Pretty sure this is the mojito... just go with it

We stopped in Africa where we got the Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef (i really liked this flavor!) and a tusker beer.

We were standing on a ledge to eat and couple asked us to join them. We chatted for a bit and they were going to see Eat to the Beat with Billy Ocean. They started mentioning songs he sings and now Rob wanted to catch this too. So we made our way towards there and got a standing table right out side. This way if we weren’t enjoy the show we could leave with out disturbing others.

I was feeling the heat and my drinks, and new if i wanted to partake in our evening plans, i needed a water. To which Rob said Have a Water Lauren, Seriously.

Side story coming: This had become a running joke with us, and we had been saying it pretty often recently. I had gone to a Yankee playoff game and he went to watch the same game with friends, but i said he needed to go home and take care the kids, the one at the stadium gets the pass people! So i texted and in typical Lauren fashion was 'reminding him very nicely' he had to get home to the girls, to which he replied Have a water Lauren, seriously. I responded by going to the bar and got taco bell, in the BAR the Taco Bell is in the BAR, and did not have a water, just beer

Anyway, Rob got us (me) some waters, and a Mickey bar and bud light for himself. The show was fun and I’m happy we stopped for it!

We continued on our way and we’re actually more full at this point then I expected. So we were going to see British Revolution at 8, but first more drinks...

On this walk is where I had my strangest ever *** Epcot moment, a man going for a run around world showcase at 730pm during food and wine. A legit run, head phones, running shoes like training for a race run, not I’m going to miss my FP window run! So if your this person please explain?!?!

I grabbed a Dole Whip with Rum!

We then went to get me a dole whip with rum, and then we went to Appleseed orchard and split a beer flight. This was just ok,, not our type of beer and for 9.75 I didn’t feel bad we didn’t finish it.

After this we headed to the see the 8pm show for British Revolution! Rob grabbed a Harp on the way and we enjoyed the show! So happy we made sure to see them tonight as they were off the next 2 days....

Set was great as always, if your ever looking for fun entertainment where kids can dance/run and you can sit and have a drink I recommend this!

After this we decided we need a bit more food before the nights activities! I will continue because there are no more food pictures for today...

We first headed to Brazil. We got the Moqueca which is fish stew and Cheese Bread. The stew was ok, not amazing but the cheesy bread hit the spot!
We stopped by Belgium for a waffle with warm chocolate yum!

Then we went to Morocco and got the Spicy Hummus Fries, I loved this Rob said it was good but nothing spectacular he also commented I guess if Morocco says Spicy they mean spicy!

We grabbed a spot and watched Epcot forever. I loved the music and thought the kites were cool, one was broken already, the show isn’t even a month old how?!?! But it was just fine it’s no illuminations, or Happily Ever After, but I’m extremely excited to see whatever new show they come up with.

We then headed to jellyrolls for some dueling piano fun! We got there around 930 with a plan to be back at the hotel by 11, we were walking into the hotel around midnight... I mean only an hour late.. So i will take this as a win.

Jellyrolls was actually way more fun then we expected and I’m so happy we did this! Highly recommend! I will say we love dueling piano bars anyway, but these guys were pretty talented and funny and they played almost all of our songs!

Day 1 was amazing!

Up Next Day 2 some tequila please!

Last edited:

So many great food booth choices that day! Wasn't that empanada great? One of my favorite dishes at F&W!

Epcot moment, a man going for a run around world showcase at 730pm during food and wine. A legit run, head phones, running shoes like training for a race run, not I’m going to miss my FP window run! So if your this person please explain?!?!

Uh, what?!?! So weird!

Jellyrolls was actually way more fun then we expected and I’m so happy we did this! Highly recommend!

That place is so much fun! Great way to end the night!

Hopping aboard a little late. Great start. Looking forward to reading more

To which Rob said Have a Water Lauren, Seriously.
Haha!

A legit run, head phones, running shoes like training for a race run, not I’m going to miss my FP window run! So if your this person please explain?!?!
Oooook...I'm surprised they didn't make him slow down

But it was just fine it’s no illuminations, or Happily Ever After, but I’m extremely excited to see whatever new show they come up with.
I agree, it was a little boring and very short

British revolution set at 7 and then again at 8. We enjoy this band and always find it fun.
Set was great as always, if your ever looking for fun entertainment where kids can dance/run and you can sit and have a drink I recommend this!
We love these guys too and try to see them every visit! I love that if you watch 2 sets in a row the songs are different :) I also like that there's some rock n roll at Disney!
Then we went to Morocco and got the Spicy Hummus Fries,
I seriously dislike hummus but oddly want to try these and never do. Are they dry? I believe they're always served with a dipping sauce but otherwise are they dry?
We grabbed a spot and watched Epcot forever. I loved the music and thought the kites were cool, one was broken already, the show isn’t even a month old how?!?! But it was just fine it’s no illuminations, or Happily Ever After, but I’m extremely excited to see whatever new show they come up with.
I agree it's not like Illuminations but I will say I enjoyed it! Really enjoyed the music being a history of the park so to speak and I also am glad it doesn't include projections as I'm not a fan.
We then headed to jellyrolls for some dueling piano fun! We got there around 930 with a plan to be back at the hotel by 11, we were walking into the hotel around midnight...
I did Jellyrolls or the first time on my work trip in October. I agree it's cool and I'd like to go back with Steve and/or friends because it wasn't quite as fun as I think it would be being there with work lol

I'm not even really sure how you would run through the WS during food and wine without trampling someone? So strange lol.

I was disappointed in Epcot forever because I was so excited for the Epcot music and then all of a sudden they used A Whole New World?? Like I get it but there's so much Epcot music they could've used. We noticed that about the kite being broken already also.

Jellyrolls is so fun! We just made it there for the first time and I don't know how it took us so long!

I hope everyone had a great Holiday Season so far! Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, or Happy which ever holiday you celebrate! A bit behind on reply's but catching up and hoping to get in an update today too!

Sounds like a fun night! Jellyrolls always sounds like a good time!

So weird about the guy going for a run at Epcot!!

Was such a good night, and great first day! Jellyrolls is so fun and different then anything else we do at Disney, i highly recommend!

OMG the running was so strange... i so wish i got a picture, but couldn't get my phone out fast enough!

So many great food booth choices that day! Wasn't that empanada great? One of my favorite dishes at F&W!

I love Empanadas, and these did not disappoint! We def made some good food choices this day!

Uh, what?!?! So weird!

SO Strange, i'm so mad my phone wasn't out so i could have snapped a picture!

That place is so much fun! Great way to end the night!

Agreed! We loved it here, i am trying to figure out how i can fit it in during our Feb trip!

Hopping aboard a little late. Great start. Looking forward to reading more

Welcome! Happy to have you!

Oooook...I'm surprised they didn't make him slow down

I have a feeling he didn't last to long at full speed!

Great food and drink pics!

Ooh maybe I should add JellyRolls to my next trip...sounds like fun :goodvibes

I recommend! It think its way fun and a bit of something different in Disney!

We love these guys too and try to see them every visit! I love that if you watch 2 sets in a row the songs are different :) I also like that there's some rock n roll at Disney!

Same! We love them,
November 2015 - Dillon
August 2019 - Maren

We have about 10 version of this photo... We may have a problem

I seriously dislike hummus but oddly want to try these and never do. Are they dry? I believe they're always served with a dipping sauce but otherwise are they dry?

They are def dry... i actually felt they were on the drier side, but i would recommend trying them once? Mostly because i take the stance try everything once

I did Jellyrolls or the first time on my work trip in October. I agree it's cool and I'd like to go back with Steve and/or friends because it wasn't quite as fun as I think it would be being there with work lol

I would def go back with Steve or a big group, such a fun night out, and i think something different in Disney, at least its not like anything else we do in Disney! I love it and it though the piano players/singers were way talented!

I'm not even really sure how you would run through the WS during food and wine without trampling someone? So strange lol.

Right? I so wish i got a picture!

I was disappointed in Epcot forever because I was so excited for the Epcot music and then all of a sudden they used A Whole New World?? Like I get it but there's so much Epcot music they could've used. We noticed that about the kite being broken already also.

The kite being broken really bugged me! haha i though the music was good, but i don't think i expected it to be only Epcot music, but if I did i think that would have thrown me too!

Jellyrolls is so fun! We just made it there for the first time and I don't know how it took us so long!
Right! I am trying to figure out how I can fit it in for our next trip....

I hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season whatever holidays you do celebrate! We have been busy at home and at work! But trying to catch up around here and get some updates in!

We have some Tequila!

We got home late and had no kids with us so you with think I would have slept late.... nope up at 5!!! I managed to go back to sleep till around 640. At which time I texted my sister to find out how the kids were.

I won’t bore you with the details, they were all fine my sister and her fiancé are fine...

I then was able to sleep off and on till 840, I cant remember the last time I slept this late... I am going to guess 2014. I starting freaking out for a hot minute no one texted that Dillon made it to school ok (already had confirmation Maren was dropped off). So now I’m up for the day... finally got a text and all is good. This is life of a parents who haven't left there kids before.

Decided to put up my out of office at work and couldn’t get the WiFi to work... way annoying. This was my major issue this trip, and it did cause a slight problem for me.

I played on my phone had a coffee looking at spaceship earth, which looks way further in these pictures...Then I decided to get ready for the day!

What a view!

Rob had gone to the gym... like why? Its vacation, but I got quiet time to enjoy my coffee and view so whatever.

We headed to Epcot around 11:30, a bit later then I would have liked as we had a noon tequila lunch in Mexico. We took the Uber to the Beach Club and made it to Mexico around 11:55 but they weren't letting people in till right at noon, so we were able to get coffees which is always nice! But this is after another small Uber detour... I think into the wrong area again... sensing a bit of a pattern here?

This lunch was amazing, it was a highlight of trip. So pics and a high level description below!

I have a picture of the Ceviche and the Cake.. but all 4 courses were amazing, Hilda was amazing. Her story is great, and I am going to spoil it a bit, but honestly if you like tequila I can not recommend this tasting enough. She was fabulous as was the tequila and the food!

So you start off with a Margarita which you can see in the corner of my tequila picture, it was good, but aren't they always?
Then Hilda explains a bit about how the lunch will work, she will tell you about the tequilas and how to sip them between courses. you should also cleanse you pallet before you try one, for this tasting the palate cleanser was vodka, (its in a shot glass on the table, not sure I have a good picture of it). Hilda tells you how she was working at a tequila factory in her home town and she loved her job and there was a 6pm tour and no one ever wanted to do that tour as it was the last one of the day so she offered to do it. It was a Monday (I think) and it was some Disney execs and they wanted to open a Tequila bar in Epcot and by Sunday she was on a plane to Orlando to open La Cava del Tequila in the Mexico Pavilion... I swear I was getting teary eyed when she told the story (which has more details and is amazing to hear from her) and as i just typed it.

The Ceviche came out, and it was fabulous. We then tasted the next Tequila and heard some more stories and learned more about the tequila, and the process from Hilda. We then got the Hurrache de Hongos, no pictures but I love mushrooms so this was right up my alley and amazing! We tasted the next Tequila and heard some more stories and learned a but more, followed by the Beef, I don't normally order beer tenderloin, it just isn't what I am drawn to, but this was so delicious (sorry no pics!)! We tried our last Tequila and had the cake, which was really very good, but not the highlight of the meal.. but i did get a picture of it!

We loved this experience and would do it again for sure, if we went back during Food and Wine we may try a different experience, but it would be a hard sell as I found this to be amazing!

Up next Star Wars!​

Last edited:
Your tequila lunch sounds amazing! Next time my sister and I get to food and wine this is on the top of the list because Mike hates tequila lol

I am here to follow along!

We went for an adults only trip around that time as well.

Anyway! Welcome and lets see how I do trying to work on two trip reports at once!
I always end up neglegling one trip over the other when I have 2 at the same time.

However, i missed that this week was parent teacher conferences, and school was a half day Tuesday-Thursday, so my sister and her fiance had a bit more work to do... But she would survive, hopefully.... We also had to reschedule our conference, which was fine, but i still felt mom guilt for.
Mom guilt is REAL! I totally understand.

Had to throw one pic in of this cutie!
SO cute!

Pretending we are fancy!

I had Hilton points and had originally booked the DoubleTree at Disney Springs, but about 2 months out another trip got canceled, and we got our points back from that trip, so we were able to upgrade to the Waldorf for free, so why not!
Super Fancy!

We got to Epcot around 430, this Uber driver was new? or just didn't know what he was doing? But he took us to the employee lot and did some loops but we finally made it to Epcot! So far we are 0-2 on Uber drives this trip.
We have had some questionable uber drivers. It is hit or miss!

But I did end up loving this so wasn't to disappointed we had two!
We had this, so good!

We stopped in Africa where we got the Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef (i really liked this flavor!) and a tusker beer.
This was suprisingly good too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!