• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have question about filling out cruise docs

C

candyht

Does the Departure Information Card need to be filled out? Also, do I have to fill out the Bahamas Immigration form for my kids? My DH and I and are going to Nassau for a shore excursion, but my kids are going to remain on the ship. Thanks.

I don't recall needing the departure card, but I could be wrong. But I think they took my Bahamas Immigration card when we checked in at port. It was one of the four cards they wanted (I think). I don't remember having to show anything, but my key to the world card and picture id when getting off or on the ship in bahamian ports. So if my memory serves me right (and it doesn't always), you will need to fill the cards out for you children even if they don't get off the ship.

My understanding is that you must fill out the Bahamas immigration form for everyone. The ship is of Bahamian registry, so when you board, you are in effect entering the Bahamas. Also, Castaway Cay is part of the Bahamas (actually called Gorda Cay), so even if you remained on the ship in Nassau, you'd likely get off on Castaway Cay.

I did think that they wanted a departure information card from everyone. This one is usually mostly filled out when your docs arrive, I think. The only thing you need one of is the stateroom account payment form. You can put everyone in the stateroom on one credit card, so you only have to fill out one of these. At the bottom, you can specify who else can charge to this account.

I forgot that Castaway Cay was in the Bahamas (stupid me). I guess I'll also fill out the Departure Information Card, just in case they ask for it. Thanks everybody. :)

I'm going to fill out EVERY form just in case! I'd rather be over prepared than have to delay my boarding once at port.

Does anyone know if there is a set schedule for the buses from the airport, or do they just wait until each bus is filled? We plan to try for the first one but I'm not sure if that will get us there too early - I believe the first bus is at 9:30? With about an hour ride, we'd be stuck at the port for 2 hours before we were able to board. I must be there early to snag Palo reservations, of course!

We stayed at the Hyatt the night before, and you were to meet for the bus between 9 and 10 (something like that). We met and then were brought down to where the buses were. I believe those buses were the first ones to go out. We might have had to wait an hour once in the terminal and were actually okay with that (even with small children). It gave me the opportunity to take some pictures of the terminal (especially the ship model) and they did have characters that came out (Minnie, Mickey and Snow White). There was an opportunity to have pictures taken with Minnie by a Disney photographer in front of the ships model. There was a counter in there that sold soda and chips. We really beat the lines getting on the ship and I would do it that way again and again. My suggestion is to take that first bus out without hesitation. If someone in your party cannot stand for long periods of time, there is seating. One person can hold your spot in line while the others sit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter