Have the guys seen the new, improved Betty Boop?

RhondaS

DIS Veteran
During our last trip to IoA in September, I happened to see the new version of the ever popular Betty Boop character.

Well guys, what do you think?

bettyboop.jpg

Boop-boop-be-doo?

She's the one we saw in August. I'm a married man, so I'll just say - she seemed like a really nice girl.

I was quite disturbed when my fiance insisted on having his picture taken with her.

He is forbidden from oggling any character without a fake head! I demand the fake head!!

Very cute, wish I had those legs.

Great!!! Now when my husband gets down here and we go, he can oggle her, and I can oggle Spidey!!! We have a sort of running joke about Betty Boop now because at one time, he ordered checks and they sent him the wrong ones...the ones he got, were Betty Boop!!! Too funny!!!

Thanks for sharing! Personally, I'm afraid I don't like her...I mean, look at her! I'll probably have to inadvertantly spill something on her....

I'm not jealous, not at all!

Karen

my wife likes all things Betty Boop. The one in the picture is cute but not near as good looking as my wife. (yes, she is watching as i type this):smooth:

I've seen her last November. I remember it used to be a full suit. It must have gotten hot in that thing! :)

She is really 'pleasant looking. She was the one that was there in March of this year when we went. My father, myself, and my two sons had our photo taken with her by my mom and wife. It goes without saying that my two sons got to be next to her.....

When Betty and I got engaged, she promised she'd never walk the streets again.:D

Originally posted by Robinrs
kelly's back!!

Yes, I survived the trek to Everest Base Camp, drinking yak butter tea, rafting the Bhote Kosi River in Nepal, the elephant-back safari in the jungles of Royal Chitwan National Park (also in Nepal) stalking rhinos and tigers, and (the most terrifying experience of all) the black-tie banquet at London's posh East India Club for my old public school (which, to the English, means private school -- go figure).

Now for the ultimate challenge: Orlando!! Can't wait.

Wow, welcome back! I wish I had YOUR LIFE! :eek:

Always glad to have your wit and wisdom on the boards, kelly! :wave:

Kelly,
Most people go to theme parks for fun, I guess for you it's just to stay in training for your Real Adventures
Hey Everybody, wouldn't Kelly's real life adventures lend to some great theme park attractions?
Come Trek to "Base Camp Mt.Everest" sounds like Sea World's idea to upgrade their "Wild Arctic" experience,
"The Bhote Kosi River - Nepal" Raft ride sounds like Disney Animal Kingdom's original idea for "Kali River Rapids" before Budget Cuts,
I bet Busch Gardens Tampa is kicking around the idea of an "elephant-back safari in the jungles of Royal Chitwan National Park" as part of their Serengheti expansion, and
I am sure that Universal is going to try to find a way to create a "black-tie banquet at London's posh East India Club" to provide the Studio Park with their own version of "Mythos".
After all of that real life adventure, Orlando must seem like a Kiddie park.
HAVE FUN

I dunno, Tony. For the Everest attraction, they'd have to suck most of the oxygen out of the room. And the Bhote Kosi raft ride would require about a thousand foor drop between the start and the end.

But I'm sure the wizards at Universal could figure that out.

What would really stump them, however, would be finding Orlando teenagers who could convincingly portray middle-aged English toffs who'd had just a mite too much to drink!

Welcome back Kelly! Nice to see you survived that awesome trip:eek: Will there be a trip report anywhere? Would love to read it.

In keeping with the Betty thread, we saw her in August. My son's got a real kick out of her:D

Tony, LOL!

What an adventure, Kelly, Wow! How was the food?

The food was great in Hong Kong. In Chengdu, we wandered into a restaurant near the hotel where no one spoke English and the menu was in Chinese. My son is fluent in Japanese which uses a lot of Chinese characters, so he was able to determine that one of the characters in a certain dish meant "bull." So we figured it was a beef dish. Ha! Turned out it was bullfrog, all chopped up in little pieces, bones included. Actually not all that bad, although the looks were a little off-putting. And, yes, it tasted like chicken!

The best food was in Nepal, but then we stayed at mostly 5-star hotels there. We found one really neat restaurant in Lhasa (in Tibet). I'll be writing an article about that and other aspects of the trip for my Intrepid Traveler web site, but give me some time to get it all posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter