Have you ever cheated on a test?

Yes. Sophomore math. A kid walked by me, pointed to an answer and mumbled that it was wrong and here's what was right...of course, his answer was completely wrong so we both got nailed. I copped to it, he didn't. I got a zero, he got to keep his grade.

Life lesson.

Oh, wait. My wife willingly wrote a paper for me in college one time. Does that count?

I don't even think I asked her. I'm pretty sure it was her idea.

1st period was Geometry in 9th grade. Teacher was a drunk who kept a bottle of liquor in the closet that he filled his coffee cup with. At least once a week he had a "flat tire" and wasn't at class on time and another teacher would come and get us set up with something. Sometimes it was review on our own, sometimes it was test day. When test day rolled around on a flat tire day, one of the girls would go to the front after the other teacher set us up for the test, and the answer key was always in the desk. She would get it and just start... "The answer to #1 is..." We all aced those tests.

Yes. My friend was a whiz at geometry, and I was at trigonometry. We would "help" each other when we got stuck. :rolleyes1

Does turning in the same paper (with minor modifications) in two different courses count as cheating? I wrote a paper on Mass Transit in an Urban Sociology course and revised it slightly for some business course.

And I saved a paper from my senior year in HS English and used it in a college literature course.

Does turning in the same paper (with minor modifications) in two different courses count as cheating? I wrote a paper on Mass Transit in an Urban Sociology course and revised it slightly for some business course.

And I saved a paper from my senior year in HS English and used it in a college literature course.

it is specifically deemed as plagiarism at both my kid's (different) colleges.

when i found this out i told my kids and dh i would have been in huge trouble had this been the policy when/where i attended b/c i reused the identical research paper i had written my senior year of high school w/only minor revisions for multiple college classes.

That is absolutely NOT cheating. That is recycling and it's excellent for the world.

Yes, it was an accounting course in college that I hated and didn't even really need. Got caught because there were different versions of the same test given out in class. Guess I wasn't the only person to get caught either. I ended up getting a warning and passing the class but can honestly say I felt horrible and never cheated again.

Yes. Got caught the first time by my 3rd grade teacher. I wasn't too bright - she was standing next to me when I attempted it.

I helped others cheat in high school. I got smart, they got help, ha!

The bottom of a shoe was always a good place to hide answers. You just couldn’t write them there too far in advance or they’d wear off before the test. ::yes::

I outright fabricated a science fair project in high school. Not just the results, but the entire history behind who supposedly originated the study, etc. It took first place at the school level and moved on to the county competition. I had a Write-a-Book place at the state level after putting in about the same amount of effort. Lol. At least that one was technically a story I had written, even if I treated the whole thing like a joke and threw it together at the last minute.

I call that working smarter, not harder. And it is your work, after all. I reused work wherever applicable, including the aforementioned science fair project with the full blessing of my teacher.

My friend used to come over my house to use my computer to write papers (back in the early 90s). But instead of writing anything, she'd buy others' papers for about $20 each. She's a principal now, lol 🤣

it is specifically deemed as plagiarism at both my kid's (different) colleges.

when i found this out i told my kids and dh i would have been in huge trouble had this been the policy when/where i attended b/c i reused the identical research paper i had written my senior year of high school w/only minor revisions for multiple college classes.
I did this as well. I didn’t know you weren’t supposed to do it and never understood how it was plagerism if it was your own work. Especially when plenty of faculty rework their papers to submit to various journals. I believe they just want students to suffer through piles of work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!