Have you ever felt you're going to much?

This is my first year of retirement after teaching for 30 years so I have four trips planned. I finally broke down and bought an AP.

The trips are:

April- Completed trip for Flower and Garden festival
June- Six day trip taking grandkids for the FIRST time to Disney
October- Five day trip. Taking DD (27) who hasn't been to Disney in 4 years. Have tickets for MNSSHP and plan to check out Star Wars
March- 2020- Four day. Will be my first solo trip and will be meeting up with my former teaching colleagues.(They love Disney as well)

Perhaps after all the trips have been completed, I'll be tired of Disney, but I doubt it. Retirement will now allow me the flexibility to visit whenever I like provided I have enough DVC points to do so!
This sounds terrific! I like it that you are going so many different ways (including solo but meeting friends).

No.

We're at the opposite end of the spectrum right now and going through withdrawal since we're on a 1.5 year hiatus due to having baby #2. We're hesitant to travel before she's 1 year old because of the measles outbreak. We have a bunch of trips planned starting late this year (all those banked points!) and can't wait, starting with a week at DLR (fortunate to have booked a week in a 1BR at VGC) and almost 2 weeks at WDW in December. We have an infant and a 3 year old and I can't see us getting sick of it anytime soon. We do take it pretty easy since we tend to go somewhat often (more frequently to DLR but longer trips at WDW).
We took our oldest son to WDW when he was 3 mos old. My wife would say if you're going to be in baby jail you may as well be in baby jail in Disney World. I agree. Best of luck on your trip.

In most circles this would qualify as a first world problem but with DVC’rs with points to burn, it’s appears not all that uncommon.

For us the key is to keep switching it up, we usually do split trips at Universal where we are also passholders. A bonus, it helps to stretch our DVC points even further on the pricer weekend dates

Other ideas to introduce something new each trip.

Start small, try to switch up your home resort at 7 months, strive to visit all that interest you. Beware of catching addonitus :)

Visit during one of the increasingly long festivals. Book an event or tour, they aren’t all pricey

It’s fun to explore Orlando and the Florida area in general. If you are accustomed to dwelling in the disney bubble, start small with offsite dining...even if u don’t have a vehicle, uber or taxis have reasonable rates.

Unless you are PC opposed to SW or DC, another great way to take a disney break. The DVC resorts are close enough to make the commute easy if you have a vehicle and are fresh out of WDW tickets

Lastly, there are cruise lines aside from the wildly pricey DCL offer short 3, 4 & 5 day cruises. We’ve had solid experiences, it’s typically about the itinerary for us in those sorts of cruises but have always had a solid experience. They e a silly complement a short stay at the world, even those out of TPA.

Yep. Bought in 2006 with 3 younger kids. They are 20,20 and 22 now. Up to 650 points. We get APs and TIW card and go 2-4 times a year for past several years. And it's now too much. We are selling/downsizing. Just sold 200 and hope to sell another 50. Just too much anymore. In fact I could sell most off and just have maybe 150-200. And go to WDW every other year and maybe HHI for 3-4 day trip every year and cruise every other (not Disney). Making two vacays a year. That would be A-OK with me.

Yes, so we sold off two of our contracts back around 2006. We had 500 points, now we have 325 which is a nice little number especially since we live a lot closer now and can go for shorter stays. But we still mostly stay in one bedroom villas because we like the king sized bed.

Only once during my dd's College Program. I believe we went 5 times within a year.

We usually mix it up with Vero, HH, DCL cruises, weekend trips here (non-Disney) and there and some other places (Non-Disney). We have thrown in Universal also and the Water Parks. You will find, at least we did, that we take it easy, relax and enjoy all the resort, DS, BW area more and more. Most of the time it's just hubby and I. We do go now with the grandchildren sometimes - kids though do enjoy lot's of down time, pool and community hall/recreation come to mind. Take advantage of them so you are not always running around or commando style - BUT only if you feel you are doing too much Disney.
I was going to say the same. Daughter being there meant extra trips and started to get old (the parks, not visiting daughter).

We are probably one of the few...but we just burnt out 7 years ago. We had seen a lot, done a lot both in the parks, at the resorts, at other parks in Orlando and other things in and around Orlando and even DCL. Though we loved Disney and Central, Fl. we just needed a break. We never figured it would be 7 years. But starting and growing your own business takes a lot of time and energy. Now we are ready to go back and have plans of combining a trip with business being conducted on the front and back side of the trip and Disney in the middle for a week. So we are once again, looking forward to going Home. Our only problem is feeling so overwhelmed at so many changes...it feels like we are really behind the eight ball on so many things!

No, I still love going to WDW. We usually go once a year in January which I think is key to not becoming burned out with WDW. I know if I made my husband go to WDW more than once a year on a regular basis he wouldn't be happy.

I have been retired for just a little over a year now so we did go twice in 2018, our usual January trip and again in December to see the Christmas decorations. Now we go for a minimum of two weeks in January, this year we are tacking on a week at Vero Beach for the first. I'm very much looking forward to our next visit this coming January. One of married children and family will be joining us for the first week, the second week we will be on our own. I'm looking forward to a nice dinner at RR, riding the gondolas to and from.

I have to say that because of DVC our trips are much more relaxed and enjoyable. We do still go into the parks but not for long periods of time. We like to resort hope, take the boats to the different resorts and just explore other areas of WDW that we didn't have time to do prior to DVC.

Not for us. We have been going a lot as others, but our park hours are way down "per day" anyway.

It's more of a "weather escape" for us, with great resort stays, luckily attached to WDW parks.

We will go in just for HEA for example. If its 75 degrees that night in Jan and minus 30 back home-what's to get sick of?

We go more now than when the kids were young (thanks to DVC and add on contracts) We go for 8 to 10 days in May and then a little over two weeks in October. I think we figured it is about 28 days a year. Typically in May our DD and her husband join us, and every three years or so DS as well. We love SSR our home resort. We don’t spend nearly as much time in the parks as back in the day. ( I suspect most DVC owners would say the same thing) We are never bored. Give me a good book, a pool seat in the shade, a refillable mug and I am set for the afternoon. Top that off with a walk to Disney Springs for dinner and it never gets old.

We experienced something like this last year, my sons who are 23, 19 and 15 said they are bored with WDW and wouldn't mind taking some time off... I was actually mad at them but understood, this Dec just me and my 15yr old son are going...my wife and the 2 older boys are taking a break !!!!!!!

I live within an hour of disneyland and used to go 2-4 times a month. it did take a couple years to get burned out, took a year off to focus on career changes, and then had the serious itch to go back again. Me and my wife has become so good at navigating disneyland that the most we can spend there is 3 days tops before getting bored. As for WDW, we only go once a year and only started going a few years ago so its all still pretty new to us. i feel like going once or twice a year would keep everything fresh. My wife and I have talked about our dream of owning a home at golden oak, but are hesitant for the very reason that eventually its going to get really old. at some point we'll up our vacations to twice per year, and hopefully it will still seem just as magical

Yes, but only because we travel so much that sometimes chores need to be done at home. And sad to say no one comes in to clean the house for me. Did I mention?-- I love being retired!

we use to do 3 times a year ,then 2 times and now 1 time maybe a year. With the tickets prices getting so high it is weeding us out. I expect another raise or TWO before SWars opens.

We are probably one of the few...but we just burnt out 7 years ago. We had seen a lot, done a lot both in the parks, at the resorts, at other parks in Orlando and other things in and around Orlando and even DCL. Though we loved Disney and Central, Fl. we just needed a break. We never figured it would be 7 years. But starting and growing your own business takes a lot of time and energy. Now we are ready to go back and have plans of combining a trip with business being conducted on the front and back side of the trip and Disney in the middle for a week. So we are once again, looking forward to going Home. Our only problem is feeling so overwhelmed at so many changes...it feels like we are really behind the eight ball on so many things!
What did you do with your points in the 7 years you didn't go?

We have gone to Disney once a year for forever. Last year, I had the brilliant idea that buying an AP and doing our 2, yearly trips within the 12 month period. Well, anyone here who has done this knows that it is just too easy to book another trip because “the passes are already paid for” our 2 trips quickly turned into 3 and then 4.
4 weeks at Disney sound like a lot but it is really split by 2 vacation years if that makes sense.
We do disney very differently than people who have never been or go rarely. We are only in the parks a few hour a day and don’t feel the need to do everything.
On our upcoming aug/sept trip, we are renting a car for the first time ever. We are primarily doing this so we can eat off property but it will be nice to have the freedom to explore Orlando a bit too.

What did you do with your points in the 7 years you didn't go?

We used them in locations (other than Disney Parks) when we would be traveling thru for business and just wanted a nice hotel for the duration. We never lost a single point because we didn't use them! People focus so much on the parks and forget DVC is so versatile and has so many options outside the park resorts.

One week at a time is enough for me. I'm always both happy to get there and happy to be leaving. I don't mind going more often than once a year as long as there are other things mixed in. I also like thrill rides, and Disney really doesn't have any that are top notch being more of a family park. Even Rock-n-Rollercoaster is fairly tame compared to a good b&m or intamin giga coaster. (Busch Gardens is the best central Florida option for thrill rides by far; I'm waiting for RMC Gwazi!) We also like the beach but prefer Destin which isn't exactly close to Disney. Disney Dining, despite the intense focus, isn't really as top notch as it once was, most likely due to the dining plans. There is definitely some very good food, but most of it is overpriced mediocrity, sadly. (I am happy to be in Wawa range, though! I miss that from my childhood. ;) )

We have more points than we use, ourselves, but we do bring family sometimes so I often book multiple villas. Half of our time is by the pool (SAB) and the rest is casual park hopping.

We go to DL every other year, but stay offsite since we do other things in LA besides Disney anyway. Plus, I simply can't justify the obscene cost of staying on property there, even using points at VGC, with such good deals literally a couple of blocks walk away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter