Have you ever had problems with special requests?

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
I am taking a trip in August with my oldest DS21. He has asperger's and has come a long way with adjusting to adult life around him. One thing that will always be with him though is his extreme limits to food choices. He has texture issues and sensory issues, even visual issues. (if the food looks funny he won't try it).

He eats PLAIN. Plain cheeseburger, plain chicken (has to be boneless) plain pizza. He will eat mashed potatoes, but only made by me. Our safest option is to eat counter service. There are few days out of our 9 days that I would like a sit down meal. We decided on the Whispering Canyon Cafe because he has never been. I was looking at their dinner menu and realized there is not one thing he would order. He could order from the kids menu, but that may not be enough food for him. I called Disney dining and asked if he would be able to get a plain cheeseburger, and without hesitation, she said yes, just speak to the server when we arrive. HUGE sense of relief. I am now realizing we may be able to enjoy more sit down meals if most of the Disney restaurants are will to go off menu and make something plain for him.

Are there any restaurants that may not do this?

Most places are very accommodating
Some will provide an adult portion at an adult price

The nice thing about cs is how easy it can be

What about a buffet ootion? They have the usual kid offerings but also more options for you

A thought on wcc, it can be very loud and servers often tease the guests.

They are usually very accommodating, but I'd be sure there is something on the menu, regular or children's, that you think he can have because if it's not on the menu they might not have it available. I'd also be cautious about taking a phone CM's opinion on what he can definitely have or not. Traveling with food allergies we make advanced preparations with chefs and even then at times we show up expecting something to be available and they didn't have it when we arrived.

If it's on the kid's menu though it shouldn't be a problem.

My dd has a problem with certain spicy peppers so I try to make every reservation with a special request but have to check off the "other" box. The server and or a manager will always ask what the issue is (what items she cannot eat). They have always been very accommodating that way. Even in cases when we don't make an ADR we will mention to the server that she has a problem with spicy peppers and will check if that is in the dish she wants to eat on the menu. You'd be surprised how many items are spicy there even kid's items so we always ask.

It certainly never hurts to ask! if you see something on the menu that he might eat plain..just ask your server if you can get it that way. I'm sure if they don't know they can ask the kitchen staff. Also, I agree that the WC is a fun place to go but they DO tease the heck out of both kids and adults & it's very loud! you might want to check into it a little more and see if he can handle it. Hope you have a wonderful fun filled time!!:-):-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter