Have you ever noticed...

Spidey and FJ are awesome! I have not had a chance to do Gringott's or HE yet. I only have two complaints about Universal: 1. They rely on motion simulator rides too much and 2. there needs to be more attractions. But those are minor to me I will enjoy what they have at a much less frantic pace with much less planning. I hit my 30 day mark and it's a weird feeling to know that I haven't planned my days to the minute and didn't have to worry about ADRs so I would have some place to eat :)
I thought the Gringott's ride was super underwhelming. It was all screens. The ride in the castle has animatronics and things that actually come at you so that ride is by far my favorite. It's super intense and the dementor part still freaks me out no matter who many times I ride lol. I will say that I have never been impressed with the food at Universal so we always save our appetite and eat at City Walk.

If you're saying what I think you're saying....a bad day at a park is still better than a day anywhere else...., I don't know if I'd go that far!

Yeah.. that's what I meant.. I forgot a word.. will go back and edit it :) And for me, I have never had a bad day at an amusement park that was 'THAT' bad. Maybe I'm just lucky :)

I thought the Gringott's ride was super underwhelming. It was all screens. The ride in the castle has animatronics and things that actually come at you so that ride is by far my favorite. It's super intense and the dementor part still freaks me out no matter who many times I ride lol. I will say that I have never been impressed with the food at Universal so we always save our appetite and eat at City Walk.

I've done Forbidden Journey at both Universal Hollywood and Universal Orlando, it is, by far, the most amazing ride I have ridden. Before that, it was definitely Spider-man at UO.

Yeah.. that's what I meant.. I forgot a word.. will go back and edit it :) And for me, I have never had a bad day at an amusement park that was 'THAT' bad. Maybe I'm just lucky :)

I wasn't pointing out any grammatical errors. I guess what I am saying is that I have had many, many, many days that were even better than my best day at a theme park and I am a theme park junkie! So maybe a bad day at an amusement park is better than a bad day anywhere else?

Sorry, I don't mean to be picking nits here or hijacking the thread....it's just that that statement struck me as odd.

I wasn't pointing out any grammatical errors. I guess what I am saying is that I have had many, many, many days that were even better than my best day at a theme park and I am a theme park junkie! So maybe a bad day at an amusement park is better than a bad day anywhere else?

Okay.. I'll give you that ;) But in my life, in the past 30 years, I can honestly say that my most memorable, happiest days have been at either Disney or Universal. Mostly Disney, with friends who are family to me.. p.s. Disney fireworks usually make me cry. Buckets. Probably because I am exhausted by the time they happen ;)

We have decided to wait until they finish Star Wars before returning. .

This is us too. And so much other stuff will be done by then too (Tron, Ratatouille)

On the other hand, in response to the OP's question I have seen it the other way too. People saying that UO is just so much better than Disney, right on these boards so you can't just say that only Disney people do that. I think that it is everyone's own personal preference. I like Disney for the immersion and once you are there you don't even realize there is an outside world. I like UO for the different reasons, but most especially for the fact that I don't feel like I have to plan every second of every day. We can eat when we are hungry and with Express Pass get to the parks when we feel like it. I don't feel like we have to run from morning to night. Also much easier to get to and from your hotel (if on site) if you want to take a break and not feel like you are wasting hours.

I've always been to both WDW and USO when in Orlando..I just don't know how to do one and not the other lol

I love WDW just a smidge more than USO but they each have their own ups and downs. Like I can't do simulator after simulator but I find the parks still worth going to for sure. HP is amazing but so are the little things like being on the Suess High in the Sky ride and not only getting the cute theming but also the advantage of the park is different, or sitting just beyond the splash zone for the Jurassic Park ride and people watching, etc.

Neither WDW nor USO will be everyone's cup of tea that's for sure.

I've always been to both WDW and USO when in Orlando..I just don't know how to do one and not the other lol.

We’re the opposite. :teeth: We haven’t yet ever gone to the other world when at either WDW or US. We stay in each bubble. Many people say that Uni doesn’t have a bubble, but I disagree. We stay on-site and only go to Uni. As long as you include CW in the bubble (which I do - people include Dis Springs), it’s a smaller bubble but still a nice one. We’ve been alternating trips. We just do fewer days at Uni.

I’m not sure the kids know they are in the same place. :rolleyes:

We’re the opposite. :teeth: We haven’t yet ever gone to the other world when at either WDW or US. We stay in each bubble. Many people say that Uni doesn’t have a bubble, but I disagree. We stay on-site and only go to Uni. As long as you include CW in the bubble (which I do - people include Dis Springs), it’s a smaller bubble but still a nice one. We’ve been alternating trips. We just do fewer days at Uni.

I totally think USO has a bubble. I mean you've got the Studios, IOA, Volcano Bay now, CityWalk, plus the on-site hotels. I think it's just a different bubble since when you're at WDW it's a much larger and easier to forget the outside world bubble.

I don't know that I could do alternating trips lol I would feel like I was missing something. I do agree that we do fewer days at USO. 3 days usually for USO and 5 days for WDW. But we also haven't been to the waterparks at either place yet. We just don't have the urge to do so. Honestly though with how much stuff is going to be new at both places I don't know if my old guideline will work lol. We only have so many days I can realistically be gone from home.

Us too - we either have a disney trip or a universal trip.
We find them very different, but we really like them both.
For us the differences in the parks/energy/etc don't mix well, which is why we do separate trips.

I've done Forbidden Journey at both Universal Hollywood and Universal Orlando, it is, by far, the most amazing ride I have ridden. Before that, it was definitely Spider-man at UO.
I completely agree with you. Forbidden Journey is so awesome. I know any ride that makes my mom feel sick is a good ride lol. I've never been to Universal Hollywood. Are they pretty much the same ride?

I really like the use of pyrotechnics at Universal. Spiderman and the Mummy both have awesome fire effects.

I completely agree with you. Forbidden Journey is so awesome. I know any ride that makes my mom feel sick is a good ride lol. I've never been to Universal Hollywood. Are they pretty much the same ride?

I really like the use of pyrotechnics at Universal. Spiderman and the Mummy both have awesome fire effects.

As far as I remember, it's basically the same ride as UO. Although, I didn't remember Orlando's being in 3-D like Spider-man. One of the best things I remember about Spider-man is the scene where you're falling straight down into the net. Knowing that you're still horizontal, but seeing that you're falling was such a wonderful effect. I can't wait to experience that again.

As far as I remember, it's basically the same ride as UO. Although, I didn't remember Orlando's being in 3-D like Spider-man. One of the best things I remember about Spider-man is the scene where you're falling straight down into the net. Knowing that you're still horizontal, but seeing that you're falling was such a wonderful effect. I can't wait to experience that again.
My parents took us to Universal when I was about 10 or 11 and we stayed at Universal. We then took 1 day at MK and I honestly can't remember much about MK, but I remember tons about our Universal part of our trip. I think my parents didn't understand enough about Disney to do it right. They definitely have their own bubbles and I think it's important to understand the differences between the two. My parents were the parents that thought MK could be done in a day and we didn't even show up at RD.

I can do MK in a day, but having been there so much, I know how to do it and what to skip. I am sure I'll have PLENTY of time to do all Universal several times during my trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter