Have you ever split your stay between two resorts??? OPINIONS wanted...

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
Okay, here's the deal. I am sure I will go back before then, but my wife and I are discussing our big trip to UO in August. We have stayed at RPR and Portofino so now want to try the HRH. My wife loved PBH so much as did I, that we were thinking of splitting up our stay between the two resorts. So here are my questions:

1) Have any of you ever done this and has it messed up your vacation plans or been a waste of time. We usually stay at one resort for a vacation so that we can truly unpack and get settled.

2)We are thinking of booking two nights at HRH and then 3 at PBH. Which should we do first? We want to take a day in between to rest from the parks so I was thinking that would be the best day to switch resorts.

3)We will rent a cabana for our lazy day. Should we do it at HRH or PBH?

Thanks for any responses and help.

I wouldn't switch. I've stayed at the Hard Rock and I think you will love it. It is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in.

I have switched mid trip and it is a hassle - really a lot of work especially for the "mom" who usually ends up having to make sure eveything got packed, etc.... It's more work than it is worth.

I'm sure the Portofino is great, but if you want to try something new, just go for it and try it.

I recently stayed 5 nights at HRH and really enjoyed it. There was a problem with my room (obstructed poolview) and the front desk said we could spend one night in that room and then switch the following day--and I thought that would be too much hassle! (we got a $100 credit instead!) I am assuming this will be a family trip, so perhaps you can reserve the PBH for your "romantic getaway hotel". Afterall, you did just redeem your 2 yr passes and you will have another anniversary coming up...and another before your pass expires.

We had a cabana at HRH and enjoyed it. We were interested in SHADE so I got advice on which would be the shadiest. You may want other considerations--I know you will not be shy about asking! We had our cabana on a dive in movie night and this worked out well for us. You do get waitress service from the beach club so you will be all set if you enjoy a bar menu. Although, I am sure room service would be happy to come to your cabana as well.

DS(14) and I split out stay last trip (it was just the two of us) and we loved it - we stayed 2 nights RP, 3 nights BWV, 3 nights AKL - we wanted to try RP and AKL and it was worth it to us. Our arrival day at RP was the only hassle, and even that wasn't bad - we checked our bags (10 AM) and headed right for IOA - the heat did us in and we came back at about 2:00 - room was never ready until after 4, so we napped and ate by the pool (would have been great if I had remembered to hold our suits out!). Did same at BWV, but room was ready after lunch - at AKL room was ready at 8 AM - checked in and went right over to AK. We loved experiencing the different atmospheres. We travel very light, so packing wasn't a hassle- it would definitely be more difficult with more kids or lots of luggage. The move between HRH and PBH is so close I would think that you could check out at 11, go over to PBH to check in, then chill at a cabana for the day until your room is ready- wish I had more days to do just that!:smooth:

We stayed at AS-Sports our first night during this past Christmas - New Years, then a surprize from my husband was AKL-Sav (Conci upgrade) then on to his favorite that feels like home to us the Cabins at FW. It was great. I packed us one bag for all 4 for the first night and then bags for each other resort. That was our last trip with DW resorts since we have been treated so great by Loews since 9/02.

We split a stay at the End of August 2 years ago. We started out at HRH for 6 nights and moved over to PBH for 3 nights. I enjoyed doing this very much! It was nice to be at HRH in the beginning of trip when we were in hyper mode and so nice to wind it down at PBH. We came home truly relaxed and feeling like we had an awesome vacation with some variety in surroundings.

Since you have been to two already you are aware of the level of service Loews provides so you will relate to this:

Loews made the transistion from HRH to PBH so easy! We packed up the night before and they handled the entire move over to PBH and even offered us a ride too! We were able to check-in to our room at PBH at 9A and didnt wasted any time in doing so.

The only suggestion is that I would stay 3 nights at HRH and 2 nights at PBH since you have not yet been to HRH. This should give you ample time to really enjoy HRH.

Cabana day, we did both and liked both! The cabana's are at the Villa (quiet) pool at PBH so just decide what atmosphere you may be seeking for that pool day and pick that way. HRH will be more lively for sure! Another consideration is your son. If you cabana at PBH remember the kids area and pool is at the Beach pool not Villa.

Have fun deciding! :)

I stayed Friday night at HRH and Saturday night at RPR. With late (2PM) check out from HRH it was seamless. They told me that they could even take our luggage from one to the other but I've learned my lesson on that at WL to AKL. Spidey- you love PBH so much that nothing will measure up. You can always get better/easier upgrades there. At least save PBH for last.

Thanks for all the opinions. Here is my thought. We want to do the parks for two to three days take a break and start over. So what do you think of this:

Check in at HRH for two days and hit the parks. Then on day three, rent a cabana which would also be check out day and after enjoying the cabana at HRH move to PBH to check in and spend another 3 days there to complete the trip. We wanted the one day to relax, rent a cabana, and enjoy Citywalk. So what do you think?

Hi, we're doing RPR for 2 nights, then HRH for 5. When I made the reservations, they indicated it is very easy to switch hotels. I'm just a little worried about getting to HRH and not getting a great view or room, guess that's the chance we'll have to take. We planned a couple of down days w/Cabanas at HRH for both Fri & Sat since we thought maybe the parks will be busier those 2 days. Plus Fri night is the divein movie and thought it would be fun to have a cabana w/view of the movie.

Thanks Tazz!!!! I am almost positive that this is what we will do.

Any other opinions?

Thanks again!

Spidey Spidey Spidey.... I am the queen of hotel switch-a-roos, you will have the most excellent time, it is like 2 holidays in 1 and something to look forward to.

It does not detract from the holiday at all ~ just check out/check in and get on with it... a great holiday :)

If this is your worst problem in life... you are lucky :p

>>^..^<<

Cass-

I knew I could count on you to make it real!!!! ;) :p

Thanks for that. I think we will definitely do this!!!

Spidey Hulk - it was great to see a person! Now I have a face to place!

Next - what level are you talking? I have to say, HRH takes care of all of their guests - but what do you want? Club level gives a lot of benies - but it can be pricey if you don't shop?
:(

Hey! You guys may have changed my mind-- and I wasn't even thinking about this issue.

Tazz--Did you make sure the cabana you reserved for Friday is not obstructed by the movie screen? A few cabanas (I don't remember which ones) are blocked off during the movie since the screen is in front of them. Also, when we were there in Aug. they showed movies Fri & Sat--with a beach party on Sunday. Hope you have a ball!

Isn't it funny how most of the people on this one think the HR was great. It's so confusing isn't it. Now on the other one, they are all saying it's not so good now. Is that putting you off too? I think as you had such a lovely weekend at the RP, you KNOW you will again - If I had the money...I think I would do the HR first to get in the mood for all the "action "ahead, then unwind at the RPH like Jessica said. When you walk into the HRH....you are greeted with the loud rock music and I know I felt like pretending I was playing my bass guitar and jumping around the lobby saying "Yesssssssss!!! Yippeeeeeee"!!! I'm back!!!!!

I got cabana #2 for the divein movie - I read somewhere on this board awhile back that this was the best one for viewing the movie. I got #10 for Saturday....I read this one is the closest to the slide and thought it would be fun to be in a completely different location doing this 2 days in a row.

Hi tazz.. :cool:

Yes Cabana #2 is good for the movie, there is a palm tree trunk in front just to the left but it didn't interfere with your view of the screen.

#1 probably has the best view but it is at the end of the row and has a lot of traffic around it. I would pick 2 again.

#10 is a great cabana.. it is the musiquarium and has a great view of the hotel.

Have fun

>>^..^<<

cc1954-

It was really great meeting you too. I mentioned you in my trip report!!!! :D

At HRH, I would like to stay on club level as my wife would too, but I keep hearing bad things about club level as far as food quality and the atmosphere with the other guests. What did you think? I know you stayed in club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter