Hawaii/Aulani/Disneyland Trip Report

Loved your report! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to visit Galaxy's Edge and don't intend on building a lightsaber, but already planning on caving 😆

It was a wonderful report, thanks for sharing!! I hope you have a trip to plan for soon. I aways like having something to look forward to. We should be going to WDW next summer ourselves, because we have been going every other year for awhile now. I'm itching to start planning!

Loved your report. I hope to do one when my trip comes around. it is helpful to see what others do and get ideas.

Just because you mentioned it, if you return to Hawaii soon, or for anyone else, McDonalds in Hawaii still does the fried apple pies.

It was a wonderful report, thanks for sharing!! I hope you have a trip to plan for soon. I aways like having something to look forward to. We should be going to WDW next summer ourselves, because we have been going every other year for awhile now. I'm itching to start planning!
We have traveled so much this year, so we are trying to save up some money instead of spending it all on travel ( which I would love to do!). I need to at least set a date for some traveling!
Just because you mentioned it, if you return to Hawaii soon, or for anyone else, McDonalds in Hawaii still does the fried apple pies.
That is good to know. We never ended up getting dessert there. I wish we could have compared it to the Rainbow Drive-in.😀

Friday, June 14- Kualoa Ranch Tour
We were torn about which movie tour to take before, but now I can say I would 100% recommend this tour for any movie buffs. The other tours I think only get out at the log.

So many movies have been filmed there! It was also just amazingly gorgeous! Behind us are the 2 koi ponds which have been transformed in many movies just like Jurassic World for the gator looking dinosaur.

Our 2nd stop was one of the best. It was Jurassic World. I felt like we were in the movie.
I'm still torn about what tour to take.....do we take the 90 minute tour and have more time at the Polynesian Cultural Center or do we do the 2.5 hour tour and have less time at PCC? Did you book the tour directly through Kualoa Ranch? What was the exact name of the tour?
We brought out the gopro. The water was very comfortable and the waves were fun. I felt comfortable knowing we could all touch the ground for longer than we could really see.
Dh bought us a GoPro right before our Dec WDW trip so I could get some practice before our May 2020 trip to Oahu.....but I must say I'm not very good! I love the video it takes but the still photos, not so much. I'm pretty sure I'm still going to bring my dSLR but I really hate lugging around a bunch of camera equipment. It's only dh and myself so I won't have to keep my eye on anyone other than dh ;)

I'm still torn about what tour to take.....do we take the 90 minute tour and have more time at the Polynesian Cultural Center or do we do the 2.5 hour tour and have less time at PCC? Did you book the tour directly through Kualoa Ranch? What was the exact name of the tour?

Dh bought us a GoPro right before our Dec WDW trip so I could get some practice before our May 2020 trip to Oahu.....but I must say I'm not very good! I love the video it takes but the still photos, not so much. I'm pretty sure I'm still going to bring my dSLR but I really hate lugging around a bunch of camera equipment. It's only dh and myself so I won't have to keep my eye on anyone other than dh ;)
All of the other tours are mostly just ride in a vehicle with no air conditioning and only get out once or twice. If you have seen the movies filmed here and enjoy them, this is the tour to go on. I booked directly through the ranch on their website. Our tour was the Premiere movie tour. We have also have a nice camera we did not want to bring due to our goals of only checking 2 bags. The GoPro was great for anytime we were going in or on the water since it was waterproof, had a floating piece so it would not sink, and took great underwater pictures. We ended up using our phones for most of other pictures. We were not very interested in the Polynesian Cultural Center, so we did not visit. My cousin's friend who we met up with on the island (who lives there) was not very impressed by it. The Center is also owned by the Mormon church, and LDS can do their volunteer service there. I have also seen many people who enjoy it. I am just unable to compare it for myself. However the views from several of the spots on the Premiere tour are some of my favorite I have ever seen. This was a spot only seen on this tour.

I'm excited that y'all are still in the planning phase of your trip! It will be amazing! We are excited planning a trip to WDW for spring break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!