HDDR to resort question

Dan Murphy

We are family.
We're at WDW now, staying at the Swan. Going to Hoop tomorrow. I know I can take a bus to MK, then to FW. And better suggestions?

And lastly, after HDDR is over (we are doing a carriage ride afterwards) do buses go back to the resorts from FW? I seem to recall reading that in the past here.

Thanks.

Boat to WL from MK.
Bus following HDDR, but not also following carriage ride.
Thanks. I posted that late last night after a long day in the heat, haha. I left out the boat part from MK to FW.

So apparently the bus from HDDR is for a short period of time following the show? Not for like an hour after the show?

If using Uber/Lyft, we get dropped at the main resort parking lot and then internal bus to HDDR and same for return, internal to the lot and pickup there?

If using Uber/Lyft, we get dropped at the main resort parking lot and then internal bus to HDDR and same for return, internal to the lot and pickup there?
Yes. You could also take the bus to WL, or the boat to WL or CR, and request a ride from there. The bus to WL is a shorter ride, but runs less frequently, about every 15 minutes.

And lastly, after HDDR is over (we are doing a carriage ride afterwards) do buses go back to the resorts from FW? I seem to recall reading that in the past here.

We just did HDDR a few weeks back, attending the late show. Afterwords, we had to take a bus to MK, then transfer to the appropriate resort bus.

On each of our prior visits to HDDR -- about four times over the years -- there was a bus for each resort waiting after the show.

I don't know when this changed, or whether it's only this way for the late show, but that's how it worked July 27.

Is there not a boat from FW to/from MK anymore?
Yes, but there might be times of the year when the MK closes earlier. If it's running, that or the special bus would be the best way to get back to a resort using Disney Transport (except for the monorail resorts & WL.)

Also, there was a question about getting Uber, and you can't get Uber at MK.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, all good ideas.

We wound up using Lyft both ways, worked great. It was my first time using Lyft or Uber. I was pleased with the ease of use and results.

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter