HEA viewing Halloween week

emilymad

DIS Veteran
HEA is only showing 2 times Halloween week. We know it will be crowded and are looking for a place with lesser crowds. Seeing the projections isn't a priority. Would the flag pole area of Main Street or Frontierland be a better bet? I considered the dessert party but we have done it before and didn't have the best experience.

HEA is only showing 2 times Halloween week. We know it will be crowded and are looking for a place with lesser crowds. Seeing the projections isn't a priority. Would the flag pole area of Main Street or Frontierland be a better bet? I considered the dessert party but we have done it before and didn't have the best experience.

If seeing projections aren't a priority, I might consider Frontierland. I Though my dad and I got stuck behind the castle and near the carousel during fireworks and that was a pretty good experience.

Curious to know what happened with the dessert party or it was just a "not really worth it" thing? Where you Plaza Garden view or Tomorrowland Terrace view?

We made an ADR for California Grill so we can watch from there as we too saw HEA a few years ago via dessert party (garden view), great view but not up for stuffing ourselves w/ desserts again... plenty of other food we haven't had before which we want to stuff ourselves with.

We chose CG specifically because with so many parties that week we fear HEA will be ridiculously crowded. Used the TP reservation finder and one came through this week.

If seeing projections aren't a priority, I might consider Frontierland. I Though my dad and I got stuck behind the castle and near the carousel during fireworks and that was a pretty good experience.

Curious to know what happened with the dessert party or it was just a "not really worth it" thing? Where you Plaza Garden view or Tomorrowland Terrace view?

We did the Plaza Garden view which was great. Actually watching the fireworks was perfect. The dessert party itself was a disorganized mess. They ran out of food and drinks. It was a cold night and they ran out of coffee and hot water. The food wasn't good either. The macaroons are exact ones sold at Trader Joe's. So to us the price would be just for the viewing area which isn't worth it.

We did the Plaza Garden view which was great. Actually watching the fireworks was perfect. The dessert party itself was a disorganized mess. They ran out of food and drinks. It was a cold night and they ran out of coffee and hot water. The food wasn't good either. The macaroons are exact ones sold at Trader Joe's. So to us the price would be just for the viewing area which isn't worth it.

Sorry to hear the dessert party portion went so poorly. I'll have to see what my experience is like now that I'll be doing Tomorrowland Terrace & sharing the dessert portion with Plaza Garden. I did the After Fireworks party and was a good experience for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!