Headed to Aulani in 1 week - any tips??

sletcr

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

We are headed to Aulani in 1 week and it'll be our first trip there. I would love any tips from check in, to activities, to the character breakfast (worth it and any days better than other), etc. We're in a 1 bedroom garden view and have requested a high floor in the EWA tower (who knows what we'll get). Anyway, I would love any tips, tricks or things not to miss. Thanks in advance!!! :)

Hi all,

We are headed to Aulani in 1 week and it'll be our first trip there. I would love any tips from check in, to activities, to the character breakfast (worth it and any days better than other), etc. We're in a 1 bedroom garden view and have requested a high floor in the EWA tower (who knows what we'll get). Anyway, I would love any tips, tricks or things not to miss. Thanks in advance!!! :)
Do your online checkin. Also call the hotel operator and ask for a specific room if you have it. We were able to get our request.

Get your pool chairs early (like 8am or earlier if you want specific ones)

If you have kids, use Aunty's beach house. A lot!! (you can print off and pre fill out the registration forms.) Also get in line nearly for the registration to the limited space activities there (Line up 730 or sooner)Also if you don't get in get on the wait list, and even if the wait list is full, if your kids are in Aunty's and there are no shows and the wait list people don't show your kids will be able to get in to the activity.

Plan your outings EARLY. Get out and away and back before it gets too hot.

This place is compact. Wherever your room is it won't be too far away from everything.

At first I was against the resort mugs, but we ended up getting a couple. They are handy to have and not have to go up to your fridge to get another drink. PLUS they are good for mom and dad to bring mom and dad drinks down to the pool in.

Thank you!! How soon can you do online checkin? And we are requesting a room on a high floor of the EWA tower. We have an island view but I guess a few of those can have a partial ocean view. Not sure we'll get one but we asked. :)

I will fill out the Aunty's forms beforehand. My 2 3/4 year old DD can't go right? Just my 8 year old. What types of activities do they have that are different from just being at Aunty's. Special shows and classes, types of things? Can you get a schedule of that in advance of leaving? Just curious.

Is there a luau at the resort or one near by that's worth going to?

Thanks again for all the advice!!!

Thank you!! How soon can you do online checkin? And we are requesting a room on a high floor of the EWA tower. We have an island view but I guess a few of those can have a partial ocean view. Not sure we'll get one but we asked. :)

I will fill out the Aunty's forms beforehand. My 2 3/4 year old DD can't go right? Just my 8 year old. What types of activities do they have that are different from just being at Aunty's. Special shows and classes, types of things? Can you get a schedule of that in advance of leaving? Just curious.

Is there a luau at the resort or one near by that's worth going to?

Thanks again for all the advice!!!

Starlit Hui is a Luau style show (no food) on property. Check the Iwa for the days it's running while you are there. There is also Paradise Cove which is within a 15 minute walk, there is a free shuttle as well.

We couldn't talk our kids into going to Aunty's, but we did do a family hula class (Minnie showed up part way through!). They also offer things like lei making and ukulele lessons for families. You'll get a schedule that's an overview for the week as well as a Daily Iwa that tells you what is going on. If you search on here, you may find one that someone has posted. Also make sure you do the Menehune Trail. You check the tablet out from the community hall. There are 6 (I think) adventures of 30-45 minutes and you can do them all in one day or on various days. We did them 3 different days and didn't quite make it all the way through.

We did the Makahiki restaurant on a non-character day, but they are all character days now. We loved the breakfast buffet. You can also meet characters during scheduled (and non-scheduled) meet and greets. Get in line early for those if you don't want to have to wait. We ran into Goofy a couple of times- once in the community hall when he was playing the Wii and once he was standing at the entrance to the lazy river.

Weekends are much worse in terms of crowds at the pool. Weekdays in Oct we never had trouble getting chairs by the pools. Water slides were least crowded from 8-10am and 6-8pm.

Oh and you can do online check-in now. We tried but it didn't work, so we didn't worry about it. We had also requested a high floor Ewa tower and got exactly what we requested. Hopefully you will, too!

Do your online checkin. Also call the hotel operator and ask for a specific room if you have it. We were able to get our request.

Get your pool chairs early (like 8am or earlier if you want specific ones)

If you have kids, use Aunty's beach house. A lot!! (you can print off and pre fill out the registration forms.) Also get in line nearly for the registration to the limited space activities there (Line up 730 or sooner)Also if you don't get in get on the wait list, and even if the wait list is full, if your kids are in Aunty's and there are no shows and the wait list people don't show your kids will be able to get in to the activity.

Plan your outings EARLY. Get out and away and back before it gets too hot.

This place is compact. Wherever your room is it won't be too far away from everything.

At first I was against the resort mugs, but we ended up getting a couple. They are handy to have and not have to go up to your fridge to get another drink. PLUS they are good for mom and dad to bring mom and dad drinks down to the pool in.

When abouts did you call hotel operator? How far before your trip and did you request actual room(s)? Had you requested to member services earlier or just hotel operator.

We go in August :cool1:

Thank you!

I called member services a month or so before our trip. I never called the hotel, and we got our request. I requested high floor Ewa tower 2bdrm ending in xx75, xx80, or one other # I can't remember. We were in 1575.

Do your online checkin. Also call the hotel operator and ask for a specific room if you have it. We were able to get our request. Get your pool chairs early (like 8am or earlier if you want specific ones) If you have kids, use Aunty's beach house. A lot!! (you can print off and pre fill out the registration forms.) Also get in line nearly for the registration to the limited space activities there (Line up 730 or sooner)Also if you don't get in get on the wait list, and even if the wait list is full, if your kids are in Aunty's and there are no shows and the wait list people don't show your kids will be able to get in to the activity. Plan your outings EARLY. Get out and away and back before it gets too hot. This place is compact. Wherever your room is it won't be too far away from everything. At first I was against the resort mugs, but we ended up getting a couple. They are handy to have and not have to go up to your fridge to get another drink. PLUS they are good for mom and dad to bring mom and dad drinks down to the pool in.

Did you rent points or paid directly with resort?
What number did you call?

Thanks

I called member services a month or so before our trip. I never called the hotel, and we got our request. I requested high floor Ewa tower 2bdrm ending in xx75, xx80, or one other # I can't remember. We were in 1575.

We just got back from two weeks in 580. Great 2 bedroom pool view with plenty of ocean view as well

A

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter