Heading back next year, 3 weeks this time...

stoneyloon

Mouseketeer
Flights and villa booked, 3 week Ultimate Disney tickets and 2 week Universal tickets ordered.

I am thinking about surprising DW and DD with a night or two at AKL. Apart from the short term benefits when we're actually staying in WDW, are there any other benefits to staying?

Three weeks is great. we usually go for three but this year had to cut back to 15 nights as our son, who is 17 tomorrow is on the 4 week NCS course which doesn't finishe till end of next week. have to keep reminding myself not to complain about 2 weeks as sounds so ungrateful.

You will get to book your fastpasses 60 days out instead of 30. Not sure how many days you can do this for if only staying a couple of days but theres plenty of info on the theme park boards. Theres a thread called Throwaway Rooms which has lot of info. people book a cheap room for one night to get the fP benefits.
Free parking of course, Magic hours. Its a lovely resort.

This year is the first time we have not been in Orlando on our sons birthday since 2010. I hope we will also be there on his 18th birthday next August. I dont even want to think about it coming close to last family trip there. I am not sure we could go without him. however, when I asked he did look at me and say, why wouldn't I go on a free holiday? So think i am safe for now.

AKL is a great resort. Make sure you eat at Boma or Jiko (or both!)

You'd get access to extra magic hours and a couple of days where you could book FPs at 60+ days out. You'd also get a magic band.

I'd look at booking for at least a week though as FOP FP will be almost impossible to get with only a couple of days to play with.

Thanks for the replies, we have been a few times before staying both on and off site but never a mix.
Things have changed with regards to fastpasses by the sounds of things.
We have eaten at most of the restaurants but will be heading back to a few. Tbh, there are a lot better restaurants out of Disney but the magic is not there....

Thanks again,
Adam.

I'm having a rethink on this and as we haven't been to Universal on our previous trips, we may stay there for a couple of nights.
Anywhere recommended?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!