Health Card with photo as ID

CdnDisneyFan

<font color=FF0033>Tigger, he is oh so cute!<br><f
For those of you Canadians who have flown recently thru a US airport, I was wondering if they accept the green OHIP card with photo as ID, or would I have to get an age of majority card? I don't have a license, and don't plan to get one in the near future (I'm going to WDW in November), and was worried about what kind of ID I'd need. Also, would they be acceptable forms of ID at PI or any of the bars??

Thanx

Jules

I was talking to a person at the issuing office and they are not an official piece of Identification and is not to be used as such. Hope this helps I was also told the only true form of ID is your Birth Certificate, Drivers Liscence or Passport.

Recently travelled to Boston with a friend who only had her driver's license. Trust me, you have time, go get your passport.
You don't want to go thru what she went thru. I almost had to
travel by myself. It's not like before, if you don't want the hassle
get a passport.

Have a fun trip!

Scratch
:smooth:

Our best advice would be to also get a passport. They are a great piece of ID, and at the boarder they have no problems with them. They cost about $60.00 (I might be wrong on this), and they last for 5 years, not a lot of money if you break it down by year. Good luck, and have fun!

I'm a TA and in my office we have been advising everyone to get passports now. Why risk a problem?

Thanks all for your wonderful advice. And btw Twinz, the price of the passport went up to UGH $85.00. I will do some serious thinking, and probably send away for both my passport and the age of majority (BYID) cards after I book everything.

Thanx again!!

Jules

Thanks CNDDisneyFan..like I said it's been awhile since we got ours, now we know what we have to save for! LOL...What ever you do, have a WONDERFUL time!

We drove to Florida in December, crossing at Sarnia/Port Huron and were at the booth for all of 30 seconds. The last thing the US customs agent said to us as we drove off was "you were smart to get these", as she pointed at our passports.

FWIW.

- Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter