Hello-It'sSmee! A July 2020 "It's Good to Be Bad AND Back" TR *Link to new TR 2/21*

CruellaNY

It’s Good to Be Bad
Hello friends old and new! Welcome to my first post-COVID trip report but - SURPRISE!- not my FIRST trip report!

As we begin some of you may recognize the key players here; if you do I"m SUPER happy you found me (again) ❤ ❤ If we don't ring a bell that's absolutely fine and in that case I want to extend a great big beautiful :welcome:to you; I'm happy you're here because I adore sharing my Disney trips with all of you and have seriously missed being able to do so these past few months. But Disney is back and we went back, and spent 5 awesome nights enjoying our resort and the parks and seeing some of our wonderful DIS friends! Believe me, after years and years on here I can truly say that DIS friends are true friends in every sense of the word :grouphug:

Let's start with a test! As I said this isn't my first TR here. Do these ring a bell pirate: 🍤

Yes? Yay! No? It's ok! For now you can call me Cruella; my DH who was my travelling partner on this trip we'll call, for lack of a favorite Disney character - Steve :cool1: We do have 4 boys, 2 of whom live with us and were originally coming on this trip but our oldest backed out so he wouldn't miss work and time with friends before he leaves for college in a month (don't remind me!)

Hey......now that really IS Smee! And our graduate Ricky headed to Quinnipiac to study Mechanical Engineering, leaving us with our 14 year old DS Chris in the house. Hopefully doing a mix of in person and at home learning for 9th grade in September but we have yet to hear a decision on that.

Now that I've weirdly introduced "us" and probably scared some folks away, when did this trip happen? Here are the basics:

WHO: DH and I
WHEN: July 24-29th
WHERE: Beach Club Villas
WAIT! WHO ELSE? We got to see our good friends Renee @ArielSRL and her DH Chad! Then we spent a good portion of our trip with our Chicaaaago besties @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe for her 29th birthday spectacular :drinking1And when I say :drinking1I mean :faint::faint::faint:

So fasten your seatbelt, make sure your tray table is secure and your seat is in the upright position; because this is NACHO every day trip report!

OK it gets better, I promise.............................

Last edited:
DIS friends are true friends in every sense of the word
Yes, they really are!!!!

WAIT! WHO ELSE? We got to see our good friends Renee @ArielSRL and her DH Chad! Then we spent a good portion of our trip with our Chicaaaago besties @Jenny Sanders and her DH Joe for her 29th birthday spectacular :drinking1And when I say :drinking1I mean :faint::faint::faint:
OMG!!!! Holy cow! Joe and I were talking and I may have to get your approval for some of the footage I have LOL!!!! What happens in Disney stays in Disney...Monday night was probably one of the best nights of my drunken life!!!!!!

Best intro ever........ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ! Can't wait to hear about all the shenanigans!

I came over from the September trip thread. We'll be doing a split stay between BCV and AKV so curious to see how the BCV was for you (I"m hoping SAB opens before our trip!)

It's great to see that you are writing a new trip report. :)

Will Ricky have in person classes when he goes to college?

Yes, they really are
:hug:
OMG!!!! Holy cow! Joe and I were talking and I may have to get your approval for some of the footage I have LOL!!!! What happens in Disney stays in Disney...Monday night was probably one of the best nights of my drunken life!!!!!!
You ain't kidding! Thank goodness our server Ryan was so understanding lol
Yayy glad to see you here! Sounds like an awesome trip- can't wait to hear about it!
Hey Courtney, you have no idea how good it is to be here! Hope you're doing well 👶
’m here and laughing already which is always a good thing! :rotfl:
Hey Moira! So happy you're here and I'm glad you're laughing already, that's my goal! I promise you'll laugh quite a bit more :P
Best intro ever........ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ! Can't wait to hear about all the shenanigans!
🤣 then my job is done! So glad you're here Sue ❤
I'm here! :P

Be back later to read!!
Yay Kelly! I hope you (and me lol) both stick around!
I’m here too! With my coffee. Perhaps the wrong beverage for this one!
Yeah you'll definitely need the bourbon for this one 🥃 Thank you for being here friend!

Following! :flower1:
Hello and :welcome: I'm so glad you came over; your trip is going to be your honeymoon right 👰 I read that you've had to change your wedding and are doing a small ceremony before Disney; I'm sure it will all still be magical!

I jumped over from Jen's report. I'm hoping I can keep up with the fun.
Yay, thanks for coming here too! It'll definitely be fun and interesting to go between the 2 reports lol. We spent some time apart but LOTS of time together 😊

Whoo hoo! I'm here for this one!

I would hope so since you'll make an appearance!!

Where’s the Magic Bar?
Ha ha you got me! And let me say how much I LOVE that you said this and "know" ;) Would you believe we didn't even make it to the WL this trip 😭 Blasphemy I know, but from what I've read they don't have the magic bars every day anyway which STINKS. Hopefully when we return in Sept. and stay at BRV that will be different! But here you are just so it feels like one of my reports lol:

Following along. Looking forward to reading more about your adventures!
So glad you "found" me! Thank you for following along again :love:

I came over from the September trip thread. We'll be doing a split stay between BCV and AKV so curious to see how the BCV was for you (I"m hoping SAB opens before our trip!)
Hello and :welcome: I hope you enjoy my report and it makes you more excited for your trip! I've "seen" you over on the Sept. board :-) This trip has seriously made me excited to be going again in September! Right now SAB is supposed to open 8/24 so fingers crossed it happens. We did use the quiet pool and you can also use the BW pool, but it was rather sad seeing SAB unused.

Looking forward to your trip report. Are you going to do a dining review also?
Hi there and :thanks: for being here!
I think for this trip I'm sticking to just the TR. However as of now we are planning to go again in Sept. and in Nov. so I'm thinking I'll do a combined dining report for both of those trips :thumbsup2 I'll definitely post here!

Of course I am here to read all about it! Love a good it’s Smee report!
Aw thanks Caroline :hug: Smee loves you too!
It does look like you all had a very good time!
Some may say Jenny had TOO good a time :rolleyes1
It's great to see that you are writing a new trip report. :)
Hi Sue! So glad you're here and "found" me! I missed writing on here the last couple months so I am super happy to be back and sharing my trip!
Will Ricky have in person classes when he goes to college?
Well as of right now, yes. And no. The kids ARE moving on to campus and there are lots and lots of safety and social distancing protocols in place that they've shared via their website and parent/student webinars and all look good. He'll have a roommate (which he should hear about today!) but no quads, just single and double rooms. Classes will be half and half, so basically for each class one week he'll be in person and the next week that class will be online from his room.
He'll move in sometime between August 21-23rd and they aren't giving them the "little" holidays off; they are going straight through until the day before Thanksgiving when they'll come home and stay home until after MLK day. For 2 weeks after Thanksgiving he'll do online review and finals.
Most colleges are doing the go early/no short breaks/home to stay for Thanksgiving model mainly to cut down on all students being home for Thanksgiving and then returning and possibly spreading. I'm fine with that; honestly I'm very happy he gets to go and feel comfortable with it! I know it won't be the freshman experience we thought but it's better than being home again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts