Hello-It'sSmee! A July 2020 "It's Good to Be Bad AND Back" TR *Link to new TR 2/21*

Glad you guys had such a good trip and it's good to know how well Disney is handling all of the safety precautions.

I know Disney doesn't want to be responsible for people missing their flights, but on our last trip, the ME got us to MCO almost three hours before our flight! It was ridiculous. I've often wondered what would happen if you missed your ME and tried to get on the next one. I asked a CM at our resort once and was told that you may not be able to ride the next one if there is no room. We may have to do the Lyft next trip.

With that our trip was done. The boys survived watching themselves which is great except for Ricky being away now lol and we had our September trip to look forward to! We also were so happy to see our friends Jenny and Joe @Jenny Sanders I think we can all agree it was tough for awhile not being able to see local friends and family; it was a relief when I started seeing my friends at home but we all still wondered (and still do) when we'd see our far away friends. It's neve easy to say good-bye and the end of a trip with friends but not only would we be back in Sept., so would they!
Thanks for another awesome trip report! I have been thoroughly enjoying living vicariously through all my Disfriends travel adventures. Looking forward to hearing all about September's trip!

I try to get the flights that will get me there for a not obscene amount of money.
Well yeah that too........
Love watching chefs do their thing!
So do we! Citricos is (was :sad1:) great for that because you could see the chefs working from many of the tables. I hope they reopen soon!
Our airport, which is nowhere near as big as MCO, went from an average passenger count of 13,000 down to a low of... 56.
Not 56 hundred... just 56.
:(
You think about all the lost jobs this causes and it's very sad.
Thanks for writing! Glad you left me some breadcrumbs to find you. :)
Didn't you notice? They were coconut crumbs!
Please tell me the ghost was chasing Mrs. Pacman??
He was for a bit! But the question still remains WHY were they there? We stared dumbfounded for quite awhile but it did kill some time before our flight :rotfl2:
Great trip report thank you for sharing. Looking forward to the next report.
Thank you for following along! I'll have that one started soon and if you do one for your Nov. trip I am going to be sure and follow right from the beginning!
I agree 100%!!!! They have been doing awesome and there's no reason DL should still be closed...
Ugh don't get me started. That's all so ridiculous especially from my "work" point of view.
I agree about this too. I've only done this as a character meal, but the food was delicious. We need to get back here, maybe February... 😁
Good idea!
We were equally happy to see you and Steve. Love you!!!!:love:
We have to be sure we always have another trip on the horizon when one ends!
Really enjoyed following along! Good idea on using Lyft. May have to do that next trip.
Thank you for following along, I'm enjoying your report as well!
I can't remember when we started using Lyft to and from MCO but man does it save time. Last Sunday we left WL at 12:30 and were at MCO 12:55! No need to leave 3 hours early!

I know Disney doesn't want to be responsible for people missing their flights, but on our last trip, the ME got us to MCO almost three hours before our flight! It was ridiculous. I've often wondered what would happen if you missed your ME and tried to get on the next one. I asked a CM at our resort once and was told that you may not be able to ride the next one if there is no room. We may have to do the Lyft next trip.
Yes I get tired of being at the airport so early, and then if you find out once there that your flight is delayed it's even worse. The CM did give you the right info; they won't guarantee that if you miss your scheduled ME that you'll get on the next one because technically it depends if it's full but they DO try their best; they just won't add that because they don't want tons of guests purposely missing their scheduled one lol. Lyft is about $30 average one way, sometimes a few dollars more, but we find it very worth it!

Thank you so much for following along!
Thanks for another awesome trip report! I have been thoroughly enjoying living vicariously through all my Disfriends travel adventures. Looking forward to hearing all about September's trip!
As always I love having you here Susan :hug: And I cannot wait until I get to follow another one of YOUR trip reports!

So do we! Citricos is (was :sad1:) great for that because you could see the chefs working from many of the tables. I hope they reopen soon!
Oh! Did not know that. :)
But yes... too many places not open... too many let go.
You think about all the lost jobs this causes and it's very sad.
Yeah... and it's not done. I'm sure there are places that originally said "Well, I think we can hang on until October when this will all be over."

yeah...
Didn't you notice? They were coconut crumbs!
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! <wails>
He was for a bit! But the question still remains WHY were they there? We stared dumbfounded for quite awhile but it did kill some time before our flight :rotfl2:
Who cares! That's hilarious!

So let me just say we had another fabulous trip celebrating Steve's 60th birthday

Look how happy the birthday boy is. I didn't realize this was such a big one. Happy Birthday again to Steve!

As a mom of NBA fans and a somewhat on and off NBA fan myself I thought it was neat to see and neat that they were so close.
Can I just saw that I'm shocked you were good with just this photo and didn't attempt to scale any walls to get better pics for the boys :earboy2:

We boated and bussed back to our resort where I tried having Steve take a few pics for me to use for my upcoming 4 year "work" anniversary
Ah this means its our 4 year anniversary too. If I recall when we'd first met you had just started "work"

Be still my pretzel loving heart. I was craving a pretzel last weekend and went to Wegmans thinking they'd have some but all that had were the balls. And who really wants the balls anyway? I want to big ole thing 🥨

Love these! We decorated for Halloween yesterday and you just reminded me we forgot to listen to our Haunted Mansion record while we did it

Last night when we returned from DS we made another breakfast reservation at Trattoria because seriously the food is THAT GOOD.
Now that is saying something!

I think we can all agree it was tough for awhile not being able to see local friends and family; it was a relief when I started seeing my friends at home but we all still wondered (and still do) when we'd see our far away friends.
So glad you all got to spend some time together. DIS friends really are the best. Miss you all!!!

So glad you guys had a great trip. I can't wait to hear about your September trip!

As an aside, I am also waiting to hear news for Nov/Dec 2021. I'll talk to you more about that later though 😉.

Look how happy the birthday boy is. I didn't realize this was such a big one. Happy Birthday again to Steve!
Your favorite NY sanitation workers says :thanks:
Can I just saw that I'm shocked you were good with just this photo and didn't attempt to scale any walls to get better pics for the boys :earboy2:
They had the option to come! It was going to be too bad if we got to meet LeBron and hang with him while he got a 'cut!
Ah this means its our 4 year anniversary too. If I recall when we'd first met you had just started "work"
Yes :love: We "met" in August and I had just started a few days before that! So Happy Friendversary to us 🥂
And who really wants the balls anyway? I want to big ole thing 🥨
Can this be the title of your next dining report please?
So glad you all got to spend some time together. DIS friends really are the best. Miss you all!!!
Ugh miss you too! We need a big group trip again.
Hey! Like and EPIC trip! Or maybe an epic trip :P
So good to follow along on your adventures. Away now to find your latest report :goodvibes :thumbsup2
Moira so glad you were hear for this! Love getting to "know" you aNd I cannot wait until you get to write a TR for ME to read!
So glad you guys had a great trip. I can't wait to hear about your September trip!
Thanks for following Katie! I'll be starting that soon!
As an aside, I am also waiting to hear news for Nov/Dec 2021. I'll talk to you more about that later though 😉.
OMG I started replying to your email and got sidetracked making dinner for Chris :rotfl2:but Yes Yes and YAY! All good and I'll finish it up tomorrow!!

Hey thanks for sharing another great TR. It still seems surreal to see your pics and read about people travelling again. Here in Canada we really...are not. I'm glad everything worked out with the boys saying alone, that must have been nervewracking lol.

Another awesome TR in the books :) So glad you're working on the other one, too, so it doesn't really feel over!!
Thanks Jackie! Isn't writing reports the best? It makes the trip last longer :goodvibes I have to get that Sept one started soon and then balance that and the dining report lol!
Hey thanks for sharing another great TR. It still seems surreal to see your pics and read about people travelling again. Here in Canada we really...are not. I'm glad everything worked out with the boys saying alone, that must have been nervewracking lol.
Always happy to have you along Kathy and glad I can bring some sunshine to you up there while you can't travel. It was a little nervewracking leaving the boys but at least my mom and their older brother were checking in on them! Thinking we may take advantage of Ricky being home for 2 months this winter and go somewhere again lol!

Thanks Jackie! Isn't writing reports the best? It makes the trip last longer :goodvibes I have to get that Sept one started soon and then balance that and the dining report lol!
It IS the best!! You're doing way better than I am!! LOL I still have to finish my December one, and the July one I promised but haven't started!!

Well, somehow Ariane, I completely missed that you had started a trip report almost 3 months and 23 pages ago. I don' t know how. But anyway, I found it and I have a lot of catching up to do! Just wanted to let you know I was here and didn't forget about you. :blush:

Thanks for sharing your trip! It was so fun to read along. I’ll keep an eye out for your new report!
Aw thank you for following along! I'm working on my dining report and plan to start the new TR any day now!
Well, somehow Ariane, I completely missed that you had started a trip report almost 3 months and 23 pages ago. I don' t know how. But anyway, I found it and I have a lot of catching up to do! Just wanted to let you know I was here and didn't forget about you. :blush:
Hey Jeff! It's always so good to see you :) I'm a bit incognito so don't apologize lol! Take your time getting caught up; I plan to start a TR for our Sept report but haven't gotten there yet! Hope you and the family are well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!