• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! 11/30 Cruiser now a 12/1 Wonder cruiser... has questions!

nedleycan

Vacation planning is my life!
Okay, after 10 months of planning a trip on the Magic, and now am going on the Wonder... in a couple of days! So, what do I need to know? What is the rotation on the 4 day? Do you repeat your 3rd restaurant on the 4th? Or do you go back to the 1st restaurant?
I know that people say that the dress is a little more casual on the 4 day. What restaurant should we skip for Palo? (there is a Palo, right?)
Thanks guys!

Hi to a fellow Canadian!!

The last restaurant will be the same as the first, but with the Master Chef menu offered instead (the same as on the Magic, I believe). Yes, there is a Palo ... last time we skipped the last night at Animator's but this time we'll be going on Parrot Cay night.

We did get dressed up for Triton's and Palo, but I didn't see anyone in a tux or gown, though I'm sure you wouldn't be out of place at Palo in one.

Have a great time!!!!!!

On my 4 day cruise on the Wonder I repeated my first night restaurant on the fourth night which would be the night that you want to schedule Palo's. You most definitely want to get someone online at the reservation table as soon as you get on the ship. On your key to the world card there will be a dining rotation and you can see which night you are scheduled for the repeat restaurant in case your rotation is different than mine.

I would guess that if you have to miss a restaurant my choice would be to miss Parrot Cay. Animator's Pallet was great and Triton's was excellent. Triton's is the dressier of the 3 restaurants.

Hope this helps. Have a wonderful time and if you get Richard and Thomasilav as your servers you will be in great hands.

Mivver: Hi Canuck!

As you can imagine, this is all bitter sweet. We are so happy that we are going somewhere, but sad that we are going to miss the Magic. We are planning on doing the ressie shuffle for Palo and for the Surreal Bath... let's cross our fingers!

thanks for your quick responses. I feel like I am planning a vacation in 2 days... oh ya... I am!

From what I have read here, the dress is MUCH more casual! There are no formal or semi-formal nights. We did Palo later, after going to early dinner with our 2 year old. Then we put him in the nursery.

I hope you have a fantastic trip! It's great that you're being so flexible :)

(((Hugs))) to you nedlycan, I can't even imagine what it must feel like to have all your plans completely upended at this late date, but I'm glad you landed on your feet and that you will be on the Wonder. Definitely do the Surial Bath, it's fantastic. Also, one thing that the Wonder offers that the Magic does not is a "ladies night" special at the spa, which you could perhaps look into for yourself. Here's the info from www.castawayclub.com :

Also, recently they have started offering a "Ladies Night" on the Wonder on Nassau night from either 6-8 p.m. or 8-10 p.m. It is like a mini-Absolute Face & Body, combined with a foot massage in the Rainforest while you sip champagne and eat chocolates.

That would make me feel better! And you'll be offered 50% off a future cruise, correct?? So, hopefully you can look forward to the Magic next year.

:D

Yes, we get 50% off a future 7-day cruise. That is a great deal! I guess that helps in the disappointment.
I remember reading about the "Ladie's night" and wished they had it on the Magic. That sounds like so much fun... how about it Lori? Thanks for the tip!

OK...now I have a quick question for you guys...wife and I decided even before our plans blew up in our face that we were going to book the 11/29/03 cruise....we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary next 11/11...and unfortunately I work in a supermarket and cannot get the weeks before Thanksgiving off....so if I choose to book while onboard...will I get the special for the Magic or because we are on the wonder will that be the only pre-booking deal offered? I understand that you get 50% off the best price you find...so we checked and the category 5 is about 3400...so that would be 1700 for a cruise in category 5--so with early booking it might be about 1500....we will have to see...anybody have any insight into this? Thanks...and all have a great Thanksgiving....and yes....it still hurts we are not gonna be on the Magic......
Tom:(

Tom, you can book anything on board and you should get a $200 onboard credit for that cruise.

We booked a 7 night for 2004 while on the Wonder. When I got home I looked into making some changes and found that the price was the same as booking on board. So, unless they are offering a special deal for the particular cruise you want (they do that), it will probably be the same price as on the DCL website (-50%). We actually changed our cruise twice, ending up with exactly what we started with, for the same exact price! We also booked a 4 day special deal for 2003. When I called to check about downgrading that cabin, it was more $$ than what we already had booked!

Tom,

You can book the Magic while on board the Wonder. That's what we did this past May. We were on a 4 day Wonder cruise and booked a 7 day Western for this coming May. With your 50% off and the credit for booking onboard you should be able to get yourself a great vacation next year. Hope it makes up for all the stress you faced with the cancellation. Enjoy your WONDERful cruise.

I am so glad that I have some 11/30 friends on board! We have to decide where to meet.

The Wonder is much much much more casual than the Magic. That was a little dissapointing and also a relief at the same time. I have been on both and I really prefer the Magic. but I figure a bad day cruising is better than a good day at work...
I was on the PIN Trading cruise I will never do that again. There were some sharks on the boat forget the Water.lol...
the wonder is a pretty boat and I know you will have a GREAT TIME. I would opt out of Parrot Cay to go to Palo's ... where we all know the food is GREAT.

Have a Great time....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.....

Hi all, I'm on the Dec. 1st Wonder also. I'm glad I saw this thread as I think that I may have been misinformed about the dining rotation. On the cruise guide at Deb's website: WWW.wdwig.com it says that the 4th night is a repeat of the 3rd night. The above posts say 4th is same as 1st. Please clarify as this will determine Palo's reservation planning. Thanks, Ken

We have had a cat. 5 and a cat.6 (doing sixes from now on) there is ABSOLUTELY no difference between a five and six except the fives are on deck seven and sixes are on decks six and five. WE could not tell the difference at all. Infact our first cruise was in a six, we went for the five on our next (which was a few hundred more) and said that was a waste of money. Go for the six and you will save more $$. Have a great time on your trip! Ann

Hi Ken,
Perhaps the rotation has changed, but when we were on the Wonder last January, the 4th night was Animator's (where we were the first night), except they didn't do the colour show. That's the night we went to Palo. Maybe someone who has cruised more recently can confirm this for you.

Have a great time! :D

Thanks all for your kind words and advice.....it is starting to set in that we are not going on the "MAGIC" and for some reason I am getting angry with DCL...I know....they did the right thing but unfortunately it had to be my week.....so it is the Wonder on Sunday....really looking to see you guys....look for my NY Yankees World Championship hat.....lists all the years.....
See you soon!
Tom

It is like when someone dies there are grieving processes, in one way your dream vacation "died" and anger is a normal reaction. I know I would be mad if they cancel our trip (which since it is next may not be out of the question if for example HAL still has problems.) I am happy for you that you are able to move forward and making the best of it. Don't beat yourself up for being angry it is the logical reaction! I hope you have a wonderfull trip!

Okidoc, that is old information. :) On the 4-night cruises they now repeat the restaurant you ate in the FIRST night, not the one you ate in the third night. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter