HELP AGAIN Category 8 or 5???

buzz&woody'smom

DIS Veteran
Help again, ok the only category 8's available are under the theater which the passporter shows noise while the shows at night which I would think the late show is until 11:00 pm or so. Anyone stay in one of these cabins 5000-5018 or 5500-5518.

I can not find Dave's noisy cabin list which I live by :)

I can also get a Category 5 on Deck 7?????? for $1100 more. I have to move so another Category 9, Category 8 under the Theater with out knowing the noise factor or a Catgeory 5 for more $$$$.

I really don't want to spend the money but want a nice cabin. I have had a Category 9 on deck 2 and liked it........................:confused:

None of those rooms is under the movie theater they are OVER the Walt Disney Theater which has the main stage shows. Those rooms are on deck five the theater is on deck 4. I've never heard of there being a noise problem in them.

Only you can decide if you want to go up to a cat 5 room with a veranda. The cat. 8 rooms you're talking about are going to be just like the cat. 9 room you've sailed in before - but on a different deck. I think you'll enjoy any of them.

Karyn

I don't see any cat. 8 listed in noisy rooms, just that they are all above the theater. Dave's noisy list only lists decks 1 and 2 for rooms.

Sounds as though many don't worry about noise on deck 5. A cat. 5 would be deck 7 which would be safe from music noise, don't know about "people" noise. I answered your other thread stating why we booked a verandah for our first cruise. You have to decide if the extra $$ will be worth it for you. Best wishes.

Oh my goodness....I was on the 5th floor on that hall with the category 8 rooms and it was heaven! So quiet. I don't want to stay in any other location. Even if you are over the theatre, the late show ends about 9:30 or so. Unless you just really want the verandah, take the 5th floor location. It is wonderful.

Originally posted by buzz&woody'smom
I can not find Dave's noisy cabin list which I live by :)

I can also get a Category 5 on Deck 7?????? for $1100 more. I have to move so another Category 9, Category 8 under the Theater with out knowing the noise factor or a Catgeory 5 for more $$$$.
Dave's list is at http://www.dcltribute.com/faq/deck2noise.htm

There are normally two stage shows per night in the Walt Disney Theatre. One is at 6:30 p.m., and the other is at 8:30 p.m. They last about a hour each. Typically, you'll attend one show and you'll dine during the other, so you're unlikely to be in your stateroom during a show. But even if you were, I would not expect to be able to hear much from the Walt Disney Theatre below you.

Go ahead and spend $1100 more if you plan to spend a substantial amount of time on your verandah, and if you have a extra $1100 that you don't need for something else.

But don't spend $1100 because of concern about unbearable noise in the category 8 staterooms on Deck 5.

Thank you all for responding. For once in my life I do not know what to do. I am taking my MIL who has never been on a cruise let alone a DCL cruise and my 2.5 and 5 year old sons.

My parents are also going but my Mom wanted and is in a Category 8 Handicapp room that accomodates her scooter. I just don't know what to do. I loved deck 2 nice and quiet but when my parents moved up to deck 6 for the handicapp room I thought I would move closer to them and my sister who is in an Category 11 cabin 6645................now I don't know what to do. It is a 7 day cruise, I am sure with supervision my sons would love it. It would give us more room.

Basically my DH who can not go with this year said I can spend it but it is coming out of my furniture budget for my new house :( But I love my MIL dearly and think she would be in heaven having the category 5.........................I guess I want someone to make the decision for me :rolleyes:

don't know what to do..............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter