Help!!! Decisions, Decisions!!!!

swtangels4me

Earning My Ears
I was just informed (which I didn't know) that Fantasmic, Remember, and Electrical Parade are only on the weekends (during certain times of the year). We are planning on coming in on Sunday 4/23. Which is the ONLY time we can see any of these, because we leave on 4/27!!

My question is what would you see? I know we want to see the fireworks for sure, but my kids are small, 4 years old and 2 years old. Would you think they would like the Electrical Parade or Fantasmic better.

Please HELP!!!

Nicole

We have two little ones as well - I'm planning to see the Electrical Parade, and hoping we can see the rest later in the week. I don't know if you've seen Fantasmic before (we have never been to DL!) but I read that it might be frightening for some small children. I've heard all raves about the Electrical Parade, so that is my first choice. :)

My boys are 4 and 6, and I'm still probably not going to have them see Fantasmic next month. On the other hand, they absolutely love the ELP and enjoyed the Parade of Dreams.

If your kids want to see some fireworks, you might be able to catch them from your motel - we could see them from the balcony of the BWPPI.

We camped out in front of the castle for about 2 hours last August, to catch the full effect of the fireworks and show. Never again. When it's all done, there are hordes of people, garbage on the ground, and it's dark. Really scary to be in that situation with young ones. DH and I walked through the hub (kids were in the room with gramma) and even with us two adults, it was a little intimidating. :crazy2:

I would see the electrical parade. Your little kids probably would enjoy it more then fantasmic. The parade is at 8:45, fireworks at 9:25 and fantasmic at 9 and 10:30. You could see the parade then head over to DL as soon as it's over probably see the fireworks for the entrance to DL because it will be packed getting back in or from the end of mainstreet, and then make your way to the 10:30 showing of fantasmic if you really wanted to see all 3.

The interesting thing is that week before you get there fantasmic, electrical parade and fireworks are playing every night! It does end on that monday the 24th though sadly I checked!

swtangels4me said:
I was just informed (which I didn't know) that Fantasmic, Remember, and Electrical Parade are only on the weekends (during certain times of the year). We are planning on coming in on Sunday 4/23. Which is the ONLY time we can see any of these, because we leave on 4/27!!

My question is what would you see? I know we want to see the fireworks for sure, but my kids are small, 4 years old and 2 years old. Would you think they would like the Electrical Parade or Fantasmic better.

Please HELP!!!

Nicole

We will be there those exact days and I was wondering the same thing!!! Our kids are 4 and 7. :)

Definitely Electrical Parade. Fantasmic can be loud, scary and hard to see.

swtangels, I know this is an old post and maybe you have all these questions answered, but I wanted to jump in and say that we are traveling on the same days so we had the same concerns. According to the Disney site calender, Remember shows every night that week. Also, there are 2 showings of F!, at 9:00 and 10:30. Our plan is to be in DCA and watch the Electric at 8:45 and then go to the second showing of F!

We will be able to see Remember on any of the next 3 nights, and the Block Party on Tuesday at 5:15.

Does this not seem possible to anyone? I have not been to DLR since DCA opened, so I have no experience park-hopping there, but here on the DIS it sounds simple enough.

Hope this helps if you are still planning! :wizard:

I'm running into the same trouble (Staying around parks from 6/2-6/5).

Can someone tell me if it is possible to see the first show of Wishes, and THEN see the late show of Fantasmic? (10:30?). I know that is what alien said, but is that enough time? I just wanted to ask for myself...I am thinking so though.

Right now the schedule for the week that we are going (and we can go on a Friday) says that every scheduled events before Friday is " not available." So, they might possibly still have more showings of Fantasmic, fireworks, and EP?

Yes, you can watch the fireworks, then watch the 2nd show of F!. The fireworks start at 9:25 and last 17 minutes. The late show of F! starts at 10:30. I would recomend that you watch the fireworks on the left side (to your left if you face the castle). That way when they are done, and all of those people are trying to get out of the hub you'll be a little closer to the enterance into Frontierland. The Adventure land enterance/ exit will be all of the people exiting the NOS/ adventure land area (one way traffic).

swtangels4me said:

Please HELP!!!

Nicole

Hi, Nicole,
My vote would be for the Electrical Parade. Fantasmic is so crowded and you have to sit and wait for so long before it even starts. If you watch the Electrical Parade as close to the CA exit as possible then once it is over you can rush over to DL and still see a good portion of the fireworks and Tinkerbell's flight.

Another vote for the electrical parade. While Fantasmic is wonderful, I think it appeals to the more mature crowd.

I vote for the electrical parade my dd4 loved it!!! She was scared to death of Fantasmic cried hysterics and we had to make our way out, because of the noise and scary effects (at least they were to her) , part of that might also be because it is so late for the show for her age.

She did love the fireworks and fell asleep shortly after the next time we went.

At DW my son was terrified of Fantasmic - loved the night time parade (not sure if it was the electric parade or not though).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter