HELP! Disney Skagen Watch

KSDisneyDad

DIS Veteran
On 9/1/08, we returned from a 15 night Disney cruise and spent a few hours at Downtown Disney before flying back home to reality. The one souvenir I wanted from this Trip of a Lifetime was a new Disney watch.

I purchased a Titanium Mickey icon watch at Downtown Disney (D596XLTXM). It was a beautiful watch with three dials shaped in a Mickey icon.

A month after purchasing it, the "hardened crystal" cracked but was covered under warranty. Although Disney did nothing to help me, but to give me the phone number of Skagen, I was able to get it repaired.

It was returned today, but it's the WRONG WATCH!!! It has three dials, but they are not formed into the shape of a Mickey icon. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of it before shipping it back.

Does anyone have a picture of this watch, or could someone take a picture of the one from Downtown Disney (I only found it in Florida, not California or on DCL)? I've searched the internet, but there are no pictures of it.

I've left two messages with Skagen and plan to call Disney again. I would like a picture to be able to send to Skagen.

Thanks!!

I'm confused about the watch. I live in Orlando so I could try to help you out. PM me. I have a woman's Skagen watch myself from Disney with a green leather band and mickey head silhouette for the second hand.

Wow your post sounds exactly like what just happened to me. I purchased my watch about a month before you and just recently sent in my Disney Titanium watch in for a crystal repair,. When I recieved the watch back, a different watch was sent instead..... Did you have any luck getting a replacement sent back to you?

I think that I have the watch that you're talking about, if you still need a picture. However, I would hope by now that it has been resolved.

I have this same watch, and loved it. I didn't buy it when at Disney when I left on a Wednesday, but was thrilled when the following Saturday my wife and daughters gave it to me as an early birthday present. I wore the watch Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, and Monday afternoon while sitting at my desk, I heard a pop, almost like a lightbulb blowing out.

Later, I discovered that it was the watch face. The break appeared as if the crystal had been pressed outward from within the watch.

Fortunately, I was able to reach someone at Disney who was very understanding about the breakage so soon after purchasing, and has agreed to handle the problem for me.

I've also shared this thread with that person so that the folks at Disney who make product decisions can be better aware of the three issues with broken crystals.

I'd submit a photo of my broken watch, but the forum won't allow me to do so until I've posted more often. See the image at img2.imageshack.us/my.php?image=watchface.jpg

but on DCL (Jan 2007), and guess what, a month after I brought it home, the crystal shattered. I thought it was something I had done, bt after reading this, I don't think so anymore. However, I live in California, and put it aside (& forgot about it for a year), and took it to get it fixed last summer (I wanted to wear it on my DCL Panama Canal cruise). I had passed the warranty, so I paid to have it fixed. It cost about $30, and they sent it to Skaagen (took 6 weeks) but luckily I got the right watch back. It's actually the first of 3 Skaagen Disney watches (the other 2 are Tinks) I have bought, but none of the others have ever had crystal problems, so I think there must have been a defective batch. I have had the others for years. The other two do have square crystal though (not circle).
Amor4Pooh

Just to add to this thread:
I bought the same watch in August 2008, and soon after getting home, the minute hand came off. Since I live in Europe, I had to send it to Germany to get it fixed.
When it returned, the second hand was loose in the watch, and they had also replaced the crystal.
So I returned it to them again for another repair.
(Both times it was repaired under warranty, but I did have to pay shipping!)

About a year ago, the crystal spontaneously cracked.
So I don't think this can be regarded as a coincidence! :scared1:

I was considering getting a new one when at WDW this coming summer, but after reading this I am not so sure... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter