Help! First time reservation!

iuki

DIS Veteran
Hi -

Camping at FW has always been on my bucket list. For the past 3 years, I believed that would never happen after selling our TT and being ripped off with an extended warranty. However, my DH saw a cute TT that both of us fell in love with and we will be picking it up on Saturday. The TT is a Fun Finder 210UDS. So the first place we want to camp is at FW.

How are reservations made? Do you go online and select specific dates? Is there a calendar showing available dates? Do you pick a category or loop? Totally ignorant in the process. Is it better to call for a reservation?

Thank you in advance.

So excited!

iuki,

Congratulations on your new trailer!

You can book on-line 499 days (out through 12/28/18 as of today) in advance with the on-line reservation tool which is the same for the on-property resorts.

Go to www.disneyworld.com and click the "Places to Stay" link at the top. Put in desired dates and specify the Campsites at Fort Wilderness as the resort.

Be forewarned that the Fort is popular and hard to get into. Disney has added thousands of hotel rooms on property over the decades but only added about 70 campsites (not cabins) in the same time period. Baby boomers retiring, more families with trailers and RV's make early reservations essential for the Fort.

Weekends generally fill up before weekdays as near-locals come in for short stays. Weekends are higher priced as a result. In theory on-line or calling should yeild the same results but you should work both.

You can REQUEST a site or loop but it is not a GUARANTEE. Best to keep it to a requested loop based on the map in our stickied Info thread. Based on the trailer you need to decide if you want a Premium, Preferred, or Full campsite. There is a 4th category, Tent, but that wouldn't be an option for you. The difference between those 3 others is size of the site and location within the Fort. Read the descriptions of each closely.

When do you want to go?

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Right now Online you can basically book all of 2018 provided sites are available. Go to Disney's
website Select resort for the fort you will also need to select type of site you want select check in and checkout dates and hopefully outside of payment options you are done. Or you can call Disney and make a reservation that way or you can use a Travel Agent to do it for you
Congrats on New TT Surprised on problems with extended warranty that was the best thing we bought when we bought our Class A it has been a Godsend for us. We will not consider getting another coach without one

I was hoping to get a campsite anytime this year, except for November. We're retired, so we can go anytime. In November we'll be on a two-week cruise before Thanksgiving.

The reason I said we were ripped off with an extended warranty ($1,700), they filed bankruptcy 2 months after we purchased it when we bought a brand new travel trailer.

Thank you two for your help.

iuki

Well Halloween I am sure is booked as is the Christmas holiday. So while it maybe possible to get a reservation for this year, it will be harder to do as the rest of the year down there is pretty popular. As the others posted, check the Disney website, check the dates you may want to go and see. Weekdays will be easier to get then weekends, but you never know. With a smaller TT you would be ok in a Full hookup or Preferred. Premiums are large sites, all concrete, and are also nice. Best of luck getting the dates you want. It is a great place to vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter