Help for a true disney lover

tlaw66

Mouseketeer
Hi.
I am looking for some help here. I want to take a trip to Disney World my dilemma is I have a 16 year old daughter that would come with my wife and I. I cant afford to bring anyone else and have questioned myself if my daughter would have fun. All her older siblings are adult and gone out of the house. Would it be worth my time and money for her or should I wait until she is gone. I would love the advice you have

Thanks Terry

At 16, my daughter loved Disney more than she did at the age of 6. :)
I think you should ask your daughter if she wants to go on a trip just the 3 of you. My DD would jump at the chance to go to Disney without having to share attention with her siblings, but every kiddo is different. Just ask her. :)
She may even have a friend that is willing to pay their own way and can join your family's trip.
Good luck and keep us posted!

I'm 18 currently. First time I went to WDW I was 6. I can say wholeheartedly that I love Disney more the older I get. I'm able to help with planning, figure out our strategies, and help with fp and adrs. It makes the trip so much more worth it. I can truly appreciate Disney at this age, more than I ever did when I was younger. It's great to escape the stresses of reality and live in the Disney bubble for a bit no matter your age. And I'd love to go on a trip with just my parents!

My first disney trip was when I was 18. Best to bring her with you, you don't want her having parties while you are gone. Just let her help plan the vacation as a family. Everyone has top choices they have input

Assuming you all like what Disney has to offer, you can’t go wrong doing a Disney trip with just the 3 of you. I have gone with just my daughter (15) & her grandmother and it was one the best trips we ever had! The time alone with just one of your children is so amazing & special. Go for it because you only get so many vacations with your kids until they are grown & doing their own thing

my first trip to any Disney park was when I was 16 and my first and only visit to WDW. I fell in love with the whole concept of Disney parks and felt really constricted by being with my family, as there was so much I wanted to see and do but I couldnt. Now as an adult I have been to Disneyland California 8 times and Disneyland Paris 3 times.

The high school I teach at runs an annual Disney trip. The kids look forward to it for 4 years, and save to ensure that they can go.

The trip was a week ago. The returned home exhausted but with memories that will last a lifetime.

Your daughter will LOVE WDW!!

But here's what I suggest: include her in the planning!! Give her some input as to the resort, the dining reservations, the fastpasses. She's much more likely to be invested in this vacation if she has some say.

My 18 year old daughter is constantly urging me to "talk Disney." We go back and forth on the plans for our upcoming vacation.

I agree that you should let her plan the vacation with you because she will be able to do more things that she would like to do there

My girls love Disney more & more each year (they are teens now). And though they've asked, we don't allow them to bring friends because this is our family bonding time. They understand & they have a blast there....we all can't wait to go back! Pre-plan everything that you can & allow her to be a part of it (rides, fastpasses, food, resort, etc.).

My first Disney trip was when I was 15 and it instantly become my favorite place. Teens have an opportunity to enjoy Disney more than kids in my opinion. Things get stressful for us teens and we need to keep the kid in us more than ever. Plus, as many people have already mentioned, we can help with the planning. My mom and I have a tradition now of waking up early and getting dining reservations together. I feel like a part of the magic and it's awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!