• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! I need annual passes!!!

crusnprincesses

Co-founder of the Yummy Mummys
Ok, this is a last ditch effort guys...I am leaving, spur of the moment, on Monday for wdw. We have had some family problems(that's an understatement, believe me) and I am taking my dd to wdw to help her get over her loss. Here is the problem, annual passes take 10 business days to get to the disney store. I have offered to pay overnight shipping etc, but it is all computerized, so there is no special ordering. I can get them at WDW, but it works out that I will pay 100$ ea. if we do. That comes out to
300$ for nothing.
Does anyone have any unredeemed passes that I could buy, or are any coming in that you could reorder in time.
Just thought I'd give it a shot before wasting another couple of hundred dollars...:confused:

Can u not purchase them at disney, i dont see why that wouldnt be possible. With the exchange rate, it works out pretty much the same as buying them here. Something to check into perhaps.

RE: " I can get them at WDW, but it works out that I will pay 100$ ea. if we do. That comes out to
300$ for nothing. "

I'm not sure why these passes would cost you more to buy at WDW? What have you been told. As far as getting them from TA's, most won't order them for you as Disney does not pay commission on Annual Passes. They also probably would not be able to get them much faster than TDS.

I think what the difference is the Tax! As ususal.

If she buys them here in Canada, she will not have to pay the 6% FLA State Tax.

But I'm only guessing.

Scratch
:smooth:

It wouldn't be the tax. All passes bought at TDS have the 6% FL sales tax included, but no Cdn taxes. I'll assume it is the exchange rate that's causing all the trouble. Passes sold at TDS stay at the same exchange rate until the company says otherwise. The exchange rate that she would get with her credit card would be whatever it is the day she buys them at WDW which could be completely different from the rate that TDS is offering the passes.

If it isn't the exchange rate that is causing the difference, I would call WDW and ask them why there is such a difference.

The wonderful CM at the Ottawa Disney syore put out an all points bulletin, and came up with 2 adult passes...I will only have to buy my dd's in wdw. Well, for once I can say, "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause" and his favorite place on earth is wdw!!
Thanks DISers for all your help..

Glad you were able to locate a pass crusnprincesses! Hope you have a great trip :)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

And of course, A Wonderful Trip!

Scratch
:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter