Help me decide: POR, FQ or CBR (only been to Poly)...

Dana_Buckley

Mouseketeer
We stayed at Poly for our first visit this June, now we have decided to visit for 3 days after Christmas holiday, (1/2-1/5) and will stay at a mod, but alas, which one? I am thinking FQ because it will be totally different & we've never been to NO or south before. But, POR mansions look so great! We have an almost 3yo DS, and I should be pregnant by then, so the size of the resort will make a difference, as will ease of getting bus. Could any compare the size of POR,CBR to Poly? The pools won't matter much for this trip.
Any advice for us would be appreciated! I still can't believe DH said we could go!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

PO FQ!!! With a child that small and you with one on the way.. the less walking when get back to the hotel at night the better. We have been to POFQ and POR (haven't been to CBR).. and love the FQ the best. It is small, everything is a short walk and the food court is great (and much less expensive) for little kids. The buses stop at FQ first (they share buses with POR) and FQ has one stop out front.. POR has 4/5 stops (which helps you see the difference in size/walking). The bus stops at FQ first so you never get passed by because a bus is full (this can happen at POR). We also found that when staying at POR it took longer to get through the food court.. and because the buses filled up so quickly in the morning.. we ended up walking to the bus stop at the front of the hotel rather than wait at the one that was closer to our room (only used that one on the way home)....

The rooms in both were basically the same. The 3 year old will love the slide, even if not big enough to use.. it's fun to watch.

We have also been to Coronado Springs and found the same thing.. very spread out depending on the room you get and a lot one walking to and from buses/food.

Never been to Carribean Beach.. have had friends stay there and love it, but said it depends on the "island" your room is in. CAn be a short walk or a LONG one. Apparently there are 5/6 different "islands" of rooms.

Whereever you room is in POFQ, you will never have to walk very far.. have a great time!

I would say go with PO-FQ. I have never stayed there but I did stay at Riverside and walked over one afternoon. The resort is colorful and quite lovely. You will like it. I've stayed at CB too. I liked all of the resorts that you mentioned very much but I would go with FQ because it is so small. CB is HUGE. We were lucky to get a building by the food court (Trinidad North) but some buildings are very far away. With FQ it won't matter where your room is because everything is so compact. I can't compare there size to the Poly though. Hope this helps.:p

PO-FQ!!!!

For all the reasons above, especially size and transportation. The food court is good too!

Lisa

Another vote for PO-FQ.

The size is so small and we also enjoy the food court.

I like the rooms at CBR better, but it is a very large and spread out resort.

PO-FQ for sure!!! It is nice and small and no matter which room you get you will be close to the bus, the food court, the gift shop, etc. We really loved it there. We will be trying the CBR is August and I am very nervous about the size, it must be 4 or 5 times larger than PO-FQ, also POR (Dixie Landing's) is very large and there are several bus stops. FQ was always 1st when we were there so we always got a seat, and you can always walk over to check out the pool, food court etc. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter