Help me fellow travelers, please...

Stratman50th

Loving all things Fort Wilderness!
I want to run up to Atlanta to have a Safe-T-Plus installed on my coach at the factory. I see in my directions that there are tolls. I currently have an active SunPass, and I have kept up my EZ Pass from when we lived in Maryland. Please tell me they accept one of those two. I know Georgia has a Peach Pass but I seriously don't want another one to have to deal with and keep track of!
Thanks in advance!
Don

You should not have any tolls in Atlanta or in GA coming up. We do have toll lanes but you can't take your RV in them. They are the skip traffic lanes. If the normal 75 or 85 is bogged down with traffic the toll road price goes up.

That being said i do believe the EZ Pass will also work for the GA tolls, but I have yet to use the toll roads.

You should not have any tolls in Atlanta or in GA coming up. We do have toll lanes but you can't take your RV in them. They are the skip traffic lanes. If the normal 75 or 85 is bogged down with traffic the toll road price goes up.

That being said i do believe the EZ Pass will also work for the GA tolls, but I have yet to use the toll roads.
I use Google Maps and it said this route has tolls.
I did however have a possible DUH! moment. They might have been on the Florida side! LOL

Yes i think its the Florida side :) . Where are you headed to in Atlanta? If you come soon traffic has not been too bad. However they are doing work on the roads so i have seen traffic really back up (that was on 85 North) and that was this weekend.

Safe T Plus
Factory HQ
634 Golf Course Road
Tallapoosa, GA 30176
I haven't called for an appointment yet. Just doing the preliminary research now.

Ha i had to look that up. Make sure you are checking traffic, 285 can be a nightmare sometimes it is better to go straight into the city and then take 20 across. Also we are a hands free state you cannot even have your cell phone in your lap, so be careful.

Ha i had to look that up. Make sure you are checking traffic, 285 can be a nightmare sometimes it is better to go straight into the city and then take 20 across. Also we are a hands free state you cannot even have your cell phone in your lap, so be careful.
Thanks! Not a fan of talking on the phone unless completely necessary. If it is, I have Bluetooth so should be good.

We have pulled out 5th wheel through Atlanta at least 4 times, depends on if you count round trips as one time. We always take 285 because hubby isn't about to pull that thing through downtown. We live in Athens and bought it in Ringgold and we have had a couple (or 3) repairs needed. My Mama used to joke you couldn't go anywhere, including Hades (I cleaned that up for the board) without going through Atlanta and that is pretty much true for us if we want to go north. The first time was nerve racking but now, Hubby doesn't even worry about it. I hate Atlanta and avoid it as much as I can, my family are from the Ringgold area so when I used to go visit I'd go through the mountains instead. Takes longer but was better than Atlanta. Pulling the 5th wheel, Atlanta is easier.

My wife closes her eyes after we get South of Altoona lake on I-75 and doesnt open them again until we hit the Macon bypass.

Kind of how I am. I keep my eyes open but my mouth shut. We keep the RV in Marietta, just north of atlanta. All trips to and from disney is through atlanta. I love it when we go north :).

2 years ago we had a blow out smack in the middle of I-75 Northbound, downtown where all the skyscrapers are. Managed to get it off on a side street and changed within 20 minutes, hardest part was pulling the torn up aluminum off the side of the trailer. "Luck favors the prepared" Edna Mode.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!