Help me, men! I'm looking for shorts WITHOUT the brief liner...

hauntedcity

DIS Veteran
Here's the deal, guys. I have comfortable running underwear that I like. I don't want shorts with underwear built into them, and I'd rather not take scissors to a brand new pair of expensive shorts.

I'd love to get some 5" running shorts without briefs, but I can't find any. The internet has failed me. But I know -- I KNOW -- that the DIS boards won't fail me.

Do you guys know of any brands/models of 5" wicking shorts without briefs?

Thanks!
Doug

I have 3 pair of Nike running shorts that fit the description. I got them at Dicks about a year ago and they have held up very well. I cannot find them anywhere on-line. They are DRI-FIT, and they have a 5" inseam. But I looked for years before finding these, so my advice is simple - when you find some, buy more than one pair.

Good luck.

Here's the deal, guys. I have comfortable running underwear that I like. I don't want shorts with underwear built into them, and I'd rather not take scissors to a brand new pair of expensive shorts.

I'd love to get some 5" running shorts without briefs, but I can't find any. The internet has failed me. But I know -- I KNOW -- that the DIS boards won't fail me.

Do you guys know of any brands/models of 5" wicking shorts without briefs?

Thanks!
Doug

I have the same problem finding shorts since I wear compression shorts underneath and don't want a liner. I think the Nike Flex line may have some models without a liner and I found some Fit2Run brand shorts without a liner at the DLH expo recently. I wear 7" inseam shorts, though, so I can't speak to the availability of those models in 5". I'd definitely check out the Fit2Run site, though.

You did it!!! No liner! On the Under Armour website, the first review I saw is complaining about no liner. :teeth:

Now, the hunt begins for finding a pair under $45. Ha!

So demanding. :) Looks like from the above post they do go on sale though so good luck!

I have nothing to offer other than ... when you find these shorts, whatever you do just don't have a "wardrobe malfunction" like the marathon runner on Deadspin the other day. :crazy2:

I have nothing to offer other than ... when you find these shorts, whatever you do just don't have a "wardrobe malfunction" like the marathon runner on Deadspin the other day. :crazy2:
That was pretty funny lol.

Most who run in shorts without briefs wear something else underneath - which is why they prefer these shorts. I, for instance, wear compression shorts underneath. That simply does not work with shorts with built in briefs. But that was funny/awkward.

Most who run in shorts without briefs wear something else underneath - which is why they prefer these shorts. I, for instance, wear compression shorts underneath. That simply does not work with shorts with built in briefs. But that was funny/awkward.

I was like ... how did he not know his frank & beans were hanging out??

When we did the Disneyland 10K as the McFarland Cross Country Team last year, we made my husband wear shortie shorts ... his compression shorts he wore underneath were way longer than his running shorts. :rotfl2:

Screen Shot 2017-10-05 at 12.56.06 PM.png

Kindly refer to the original post where I said I have my own RUNderwear. No going commando for me!!!
:scared:
How that guy didn't realize what was going on, I have no clue...

too bad you do not have a video on the malfunction :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter