Help me pick my holiday

Forgot. Young kids love that aquarium in epcot, the train in germany, the play area at winnie the pooh, and any activity that involves water. Dh and i sat on the floor in that aquarium for a couple of hours while our 2 toddlers (you're lucky you just have one) stared at the fish, etc. So relaxing.

Am starting to think a cruise may better and a bit more relaxing with a o e year old

For that age and price difference of about 1500 would u pick Disney or royal to cruise

Disney cruise all the way! You will not be disappointed! It may be a little more pricey but it is well worth it! Cruised 5 times with Disney and will be booking more in the future,,, on one of our last cruises we met a couple traveling with their family it was the grandparents they had done over 50 cruises and this was their 1st disney cruise they said they will only be booking on Disney from now on thats how much they thought of it! Even without kids or grandkids has my vote!

cruise is very relaxing and cast members in kids clubs or nursery are awesome add a few more days at disney and you have a perfect vacation! My daughter started doing Disney vacations when my grandson was 3 months old ,, we are from Canada and fly down not as long of a flight as you will have but totally doable!

cruise is very relaxing and cast members in kids clubs or nursery are awesome add a few more days at disney and you have a perfect vacation! My daughter started doing Disney vacations when my grandson was 3 months old ,, we are from Canada and fly down not as long of a flight as you will have but totally doable!

We could do a few days at Disney but then we would need to sail with royal to allow extra money for park tickets etc

We could do a few days at Disney but then we would need to sail with royal to allow extra money for park tickets etc
well you can still do a day or two at disney springs and not worry about park tickets lots of entertainment there and maybe do resort hoping lots of things outside of the parks! Disney cruiseline is well worth the extra price

The thing with Europe that puts us off as we have done the med cruise twice now and with royal if u want one of the big ships it's the med cruise u need to do or if I pick dcl in Europe the prices are very high

Really not as keen on the smaller ships with royal

Have you considered one of the DCL Norway cruises out of Dover? The ports in Norway are gorgeous and quite navigable with a young child, IMHO. Stavanger is completely walkable with great museums and food. Alesund has a gorgeous museum. Geirangfjord is beautiful. The Magic is such a great ship and their nursery is fantastic. Plus, you wouldn't have to fly internationally to do the cruise. Might be a good starting point in cruising with a baby.

Have you considered one of the DCL Norway cruises out of Dover? The ports in Norway are gorgeous and quite navigable with a young child, IMHO. Stavanger is completely walkable with great museums and food. Alesund has a gorgeous museum. Geirangfjord is beautiful. The Magic is such a great ship and their nursery is fantastic. Plus, you wouldn't have to fly internationally to do the cruise. Might be a good starting point in cruising with a baby.

Yeah it did cross my mind, only thing putting me off is the weather not been that hot

However with such a young baby might not be a bad thing

well you can still do a day or two at disney springs and not worry about park tickets lots of entertainment there and maybe do resort hoping lots of things outside of the parks! Disney cruiseline is well worth the extra price

We have done two Disney cruises already. So would be first time with a baby. Trying to decide if the extra £££ are worth it over royal

Yeah it did cross my mind, only thing putting me off is the weather not been that hot

However with such a young baby might not be a bad thing

We sailed Norway on the Magic during summer of 2015 and the temps were in the low 70's most days (yes, some days were cooler). It was actually really nice. It was lovely weather to explore the ports and we did have a few days in the pools and riding the Aquadunk. I would highly recommend the Magic for a baby's first cruise. You may have already been on it as you mentioned you've sailed DCL before. As you know, it's smaller than the Fantasy and Dream, so less overwhelming, IMHO. The nursery is absolutely lovely. I, personally, would do DCL over RCCL. I find even dining is a magical experience on DCL and the shows are absolutely top-notch. They know how to take care of families traveling with young children. I've traveled with DS (now 11) multiple times a year since he was 1 and I will tell you, in my experience, the more relaxing you can make the trip for yourself and your partner, the better. When you travel with a baby, it's a trip, not a vacation. Particularly with the built-in childcare on DCL, I think you would have a more relaxing vacation than flying internationally and, particularly doing 14 nights at WDW without any help (unless you hired a sitter). I don't recall you mentioning when you wanted to travel, but, yes, summer in FL and the Caribbean is super hot and not great for a baby. I would really recommend the Norway cruise if it's of any interest.

So if we done the parks it would be Oct / nov/December time

The cruises for 7 nights with Disney are not far off the same price as 14 days at Caribbean beach resort with tickets etc

Only thing putting me off the parks is

- is there enough to do for 14 days with a baby. A few in here are saying there is

- and two, will be find it a bit sat going past some of our favourite rides and not been able to go on them together

Now that you’ve gotten down to asking specifics about the parks and the cruises, you’d probably be better off posting questions on our Theme Parks and Attractions board and our Disney Cruise Line board. We also have a Disney for Families board, where you’ll find lots of folks who’ve traveled with babies.

Now that you’ve gotten down to asking specifics about the parks and the cruises, you’d probably be better off posting questions on our Theme Parks and Attractions board and our Disney Cruise Line board. We also have a Disney for Families board, where you’ll find lots of folks who’ve traveled with babies.

Thanks I’ll do that

I would wait on WDW. It is a big trip that a baby won't remember. Miami is a great city and DCL is amazing. I would do that.

If it was me I would choose the 14 nights at Disney. You will be in one place and will be able to establish a routine. We have been travelling to disney with our son since he was 7 months old for 8-10 nights each trip. At 2 we flew with him to the UK for 2.5 weeks. At Disney you will have the parks, the pools, the Resorts, Disney Springs etc to visit. If it is raining, you can do indoor activities. Trust me you will not get bored. You can still do the thrill rides, but just not together. But Disney has many rides you can do together. My advice is just go with the flow with your kid. Let him/her lead the way, don't make loads of plans, take it easy and be very flexible. It takes very little to entertain a 1 year old. I have found vacationing in Disney with my son some of the easiest trips.

Have you thought about staying in a 1 bedroom villas at Old Key West and then forgoing the meal plan? That way you can put baby to bed and still able to enjoy the evening? Also you can make meals in the room, so if baby is cranky/tired/whatever you don't have to worry about eating out.

One thing that would put me off cruising with a 1 year old is that unless your child is potty trained he/she won't be able to go in the pools. If you do the cruise, make sure the ship has a toddler splash area, so at least they can play in the water.

@Garyjames220 posted on the Restaurants Forum that he will be at AKL in November 2019. I congratulated him on choosing his Holiday and asked how old the baby would be. He answered that they plan to begin trying for a baby after this November trip. He said they need to save a long time so are planning that trip.

If it was me I would choose the 14 nights at Disney. You will be in one place and will be able to establish a routine. We have been travelling to disney with our son since he was 7 months old for 8-10 nights each trip. At 2 we flew with him to the UK for 2.5 weeks. At Disney you will have the parks, the pools, the Resorts, Disney Springs etc to visit. If it is raining, you can do indoor activities. Trust me you will not get bored. You can still do the thrill rides, but just not together. But Disney has many rides you can do together. My advice is just go with the flow with your kid. Let him/her lead the way, don't make loads of plans, take it easy and be very flexible. It takes very little to entertain a 1 year old. I have found vacationing in Disney with my son some of the easiest trips.

Have you thought about staying in a 1 bedroom villas at Old Key West and then forgoing the meal plan? That way you can put baby to bed and still able to enjoy the evening? Also you can make meals in the room, so if baby is cranky/tired/whatever you don't have to worry about eating out.

One thing that would put me off cruising with a 1 year old is that unless your child is potty trained he/she won't be able to go in the pools. If you do the cruise, make sure the ship has a toddler splash area, so at least they can play in the water.

U made some good points there. Thanks for your advice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter