• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help!! Need info on Down Payments and Cancelations

stephaniebatesjones

DIS VETERAN Remember, where ever you go there
Help, I am confused about the down payment and cancelation policy. I though that you payed a 1 night room stay for your deposit and the balance was not due till you arrived. Has this changed. Now they say that it's a 200 dollar deposit and the balance is due 45 days before arrival. Also, if you change your reservation they charge you a fee. What's up with that?? How do I go about booking so that I can avoid all this? I know that you guys have all the answers. You have not let me down yet.

Thanks,

Steph:confused: :earseek: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Did you make your reservation with Central Reservations Office (CRO) or the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC)?

It sounds (to me) like you made your arrangements with WDTC, and their reservation/cancellation parameters are much more strict than CRO.
CRO does one night deposit within 14 days, and you have until 6 days before arrival to modify/cancel. Balance is due on arrival.

WDTC takes a bigger deposit, the reservation must be paid in full 45 days before arrival (I think) and the cancellation penalty after that is kind of hefty.

You could try calling back and telling them that you thought you were booking with CRO, and maybe they can transfer you and your reservation to the right people.

Good luck, and I hope that this answers some of your questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter