Help needed - ideas for games for a 70th birthday party

TotallyAngelic

Disney Addict
HI
We are having a bit of a bash for my Mum's 70th on Saturday - it is informal, at home, with a broad mix of generations (15 up to 80 ish). We were trying to think of a few games to keep everyone entertained, but although we have a few ideas - such as a decades quiz based on the decades of Mum's life so far, we are struggling. I would be really grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

What about doing a 'This is Your Life' show and get everyone who is going to tell a funny story, or when your Mum helped them, or a favourite memory all to do with your Mum. People always enjoy remembering happy memories and talking about them.

What about doing a 'This is Your Life' show and get everyone who is going to tell a funny story, or when your Mum helped them, or a favourite memory all to do with your Mum. People always enjoy remembering happy memories and talking about them.

Thats a great idea but I doubt I will have time to put it together alongside doing all the food / decorating etc etc. Will keep it in mind for her 75th though!

Depending on how many of you there are you wrap up say 5 presents. Now these DO NOT have to be expensive - e.g a pair of rubber gloves, a thorntons 3 chocolate pack, pack of clothes pegs - Poundland is a great place to find stuff. The idea is to wrapp them really really nicely as if they were a tiffany necklace.

then you get a cheap book of raffle tickets and give each person 5 tickets and put the duplicate in a container.

You draw out a ticket and the person holding the ticket chooses a gift and you do this 5 times until all the gifts are taken. Now the funs starts.

As you continue to pull out the tickets the person with that ticket takes any of the gifts they fancy from the people holding them and you pull out another ticket and that person takes any gift they fancy and so on. basically it's the last 5 tickets drawn that are the winners but you would not believe how much people want to keep those gifts! Sounds strange but it really does get everyone laughing and the prettier the wrapping the more desperately they want that gift. It's even more hilarious when they open them and see what all the fss was about! Don't worry if people end up holding 2 sometimes 3 gifts at once during the game as it's not very often they end up keeping them!

Have a great party

Depending on how many of you there are you wrap up say 5 presents. Now these DO NOT have to be expensive - e.g a pair of rubber gloves, a thorntons 3 chocolate pack, pack of clothes pegs - Poundland is a great place to find stuff. The idea is to wrapp them really really nicely as if they were a tiffany necklace.

then you get a cheap book of raffle tickets and give each person 5 tickets and put the duplicate in a container.

You draw out a ticket and the person holding the ticket chooses a gift and you do this 5 times until all the gifts are taken. Now the funs starts.

As you continue to pull out the tickets the person with that ticket takes any of the gifts they fancy from the people holding them and you pull out another ticket and that person takes any gift they fancy and so on. basically it's the last 5 tickets drawn that are the winners but you would not believe how much people want to keep those gifts! Sounds strange but it really does get everyone laughing and the prettier the wrapping the more desperately they want that gift. It's even more hilarious when they open them and see what all the fss was about! Don't worry if people end up holding 2 sometimes 3 gifts at once during the game as it's not very often they end up keeping them!

Have a great party

Thank you - this might be just what I am looking for - simple, fun and cheap!!

"Who am I?" is a fav family game of ours and all you need is labels pens and paper and your off.

How about cutting a load of adverts out of magazines without the actual product shown and get people to work out what the advert is for. Or try and get a list of advertising slogans and again get people to work out what they are for

Or could you get together a selection of photos of your Mum and get people to guess how old she was when they were taken, where they were taken etc

I love the game ( don't know what it's called) where you are allocated a famous person.. stuck on your head or back and you have to try to find our who you are and sometimes who you are matched too. i.e. Anthony and Cleopatra, Romeo and Juliette, Ant and Dec ( okay maybe not!0) If you do single ones you can have folks like Shrek, Jessica Rabbit, Goofy, President Obama.

have fun at the party.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter