help needed with diapers for disabled daughter

spacemtn1971

Mouseketeer
hello all,

i posted in the budget board but thought this might work too.

our six year old daughter is still in diapers/pullups due to cp and developmental delay. the long and short of it is that huggies are the only brand to fit her comfortably.

would someone be willing to trade/give/clip coupons for huggies diapers for us?

we live in cincinnati and kroger is constantly selling pampers but they just don't work for her.

thanks for anyone's help/consideration.

you can pm me if you would like.

jeffery

Have you checked to see if insurance will cover them for you since she is 6?

In Michigan we have something called Children's Special Health Care Services for disabled children and at the age of 3 they pay for diapers and pullups.

Have you checked to see if insurance will cover them for you since she is 6?

In Michigan we have something called Children's Special Health Care Services for disabled children and at the age of 3 they pay for diapers and pullups.

Same thing in PA. Do you have a caseworker? Surely he/she should help you. If not, you're in the vicinity of Cincinnati Children's Hospital. Call one of their social workers and find out what programs are available for you.
Karen

It depends on the state. I know Lousiana and Florida do not pay for diapers for those who are developmentally disabled. Lousiana used to- the children I worked with as an O.T. there were able to receive them, then funding was cut. It always bothers me that when funding is cut, things for the disabled are the first to go. Florida just cut its waiver funding last month for in-home caregivers for the DD population ( and never did fund non-DD adults ) If the OP's resources don't work I'd be glad to save and send coupons for you- you might also look into purchasing them online to see if buying in bulk would be any savings.---Kathy

It depends on the state. I know Lousiana and Florida do not pay for diapers for those who are developmentally disabled. Lousiana used to- the children I worked with as an O.T. there were able to receive them, then funding was cut. It always bothers me that when funding is cut, things for the disabled are the first to go. Florida just cut its waiver funding last month for in-home caregivers for the DD population ( and never did fund non-DD adults ) If the OP's resources don't work I'd be glad to save and send coupons for you- you might also look into purchasing them online to see if buying in bulk would be any savings.---Kathy

We have to pay out of pocket for diapers for our DD13 also. Illinois cut diapers from it's waiver program several years ago. They also consider parental income and assets when determining Medicaid for disabled children so we don't get any assistance there either. The insurance rep at the Union Office laughed at me when I asked about them covering the cost for diapers.

I stocked up last week with the deal that Target had on LUVS but they won't be fitting her much longer and we'll have to order them from a medical supply company.

We have to pay out of pocket for diapers for our DD13 also. Illinois cut diapers from it's waiver program several years ago. They also consider parental income and assets when determining Medicaid for disabled children so we don't get any assistance there either. The insurance rep at the Union Office laughed at me when I asked about them covering the cost for diapers.

I stocked up last week with the deal that Target had on LUVS but they won't be fitting her much longer and we'll have to order them from a medical supply company.

Do you have Albertson's grocery stores? They have a product in the diapers section called Kids Basic Night Pants. They come in XL (85-125 pounds). My daughter is only 72# but they fit her with room to spare and no leaks. They are $8.79 in my area for 13. Much cheaper than Depends or other products of similar size.

Linda:thumbsup2

My DS is almost 8 with cp and can only where huggies.I called huggies and told them about my son and asked them to send me some coupons(i have 3 in diapers) They came in the mail 4 days later.The number I called is 1-800-544-1847.Hopefully this will be of some help!Alison

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter