Help Pete with the not-so-obvious reasons to buy DVC for an episode of The DVC Show

Sharing vacations with extended family- we have been going to OKW with family for 25 years and to BCV for Food and Wine for the last 10, the vacations when the kids were little provide great memories for everyone and, now that everyone is an adult, the vacations are very different but with Food and wine and the proximity of OKW to DS is great.

You clearly have a mind for finance and understand the engineering that affects the value of DVC membership. Here is something that I feel many overlook . . . If I use my points for a 2BR villa at CCV it would be the equivalent of a $1,500 to $2,000 a night hotel room - because it is 3 rooms. If I spend 28,000 for 150 points at CCV and then stay in a 2Br villa for 7 days every other year that is $21,000 of hotel rooms in 3 years (14 days in a 2BR at $1,500/nt). I feel that the goal of DVC is to afford better vacations for less not to look for the break even vs. a regular hotel room. But maybe I am missing something, I do that a lot.

I actually agree with this and this is one of the main reason's I am looking at purchasing into DVC. It is not that it will save me money. It is that it will upgrade my vacations for minimal increase in cost.

My response above was actually in response to a post about the fact that DVC is a hedge against future inflation, which it isn't really.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!