HELP! Rain, strollers & baskets?!?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
We are about to leave and the forecast looks like a lot of rain! :(
We usually take our own stroller with a huge basket underneath. I bring a beach tote that holds a ton of stuff and it fits nicely down in the basket. I just leave it open and pull out everything easily. (My youngest is high maintenance and requires a lot of stuff!) Plus, the tote is easy to pull out when we have to fold up for a bus.
But now with all the potential rain...
I'm wondering if we should use rental strollers instead since they can be wiped off easily and I wouldn't have to worry about strolling around if we all have on ponchos. I know about the rain covers at Babies R Us, but no way she would be "enclosed".
So since we're about to go I'd really, really appreciate any opinions on renting strollers and if there are any baskets in these things to hold a tote. I pulled up wdwig stroller photos, but couldn't see any baskets?

THANKS!

If you use a cover made for a front-to-back tandem stroller on a single, it will hang long enough to protect the basket, too. I know, I do it. The cheapest place I know to get one is Burlington Coat Factory's Baby Depot, if you have one of those nearby. Take the stroller with you when you buy.

Here is how to rig it up so that you're protected at all times: Put the cover on the stroller (with the hood on, of course), and open it out to full coverage. Then start at the footboard, and roll up or pleat up the cover so that it goes all the way back to the back of the hood. Use a couple of large binder clips to hold it in that position, but in such a way that the stroller still folds. Just leave the cover on that way for the whole trip, and undo the clips when you need to open it out. (If it is windy when it rains, stick the clips on the hem of the rainshield to weight it.)

I would use the raincover on your existing stroller, they work really well, and you don't have to have the cover all the way over when your dd is riding, the biggest problem is leaving the stroller and coming back to find it soaked, so if you remember to put the rain cover on each time you leave it, then you should be fine.

As NotUrsula says, you just attach the raincover once and then leave it on all week and it will be there if you need it, but not get in your way.

Bev

In answer to your question about Disney strollers and baskets.....they do not have them. I would do what the other posters said and get a cover. Plus, depending on how long you will be going for, renting gets expensive. We learned that the first year and have brought our own on every trip since. I know that others disagree but this is economical for us and works well for us. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter