Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!
Need help in making decisions on 2006 trips. Booking next month! :bitelip:

Choose the following plans:

April 3-7 Vero Beach
Sept 17-23 Hilton Head

April 3-7 Hilton Head
Sept 17-23 Vero Beach

One thing we are worried about is weather with the location and time of year. Will Hilton Head be warm enough in April? What time is better for Vero Beach? Points are different but not a main issue.
Thanks for help! :love:

LATEST UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you everyone!
Your tips really helped us to decide that yes - VB in April and HH in Sept!
Weather, golf touraments and mostly hurricanes are some good reasons to make plans this way.
Now to start booking next week for VB! :cool1:

Do you have room for 4 more?? ;)

We were at HHI in April and it was very nice weather. We were able to enjoy a Dolphin siting boat tour, both pools and we dipped our feet in the surf (we are not big beach people anyway).

We were at VB in February and the weather was great....weather should be great at VB at either time (although still in hurricane season in September, not a big deal).

Louis

I'd pick HH for the Sept. dates.

reasons:
HH can sometimes be on the chilly side in April; Vero is always warmer

HH will still be warm enough to swim in the ocean in Sept.; a big plus in my mind.

Also, the island will be less crowded in Sept. vs. April, especially with the big golf tournament that gets played every year around your April dates

I wouldn't be so nonchalant about the hurricanes...last year my Brevard County friends were told to evacuate 3 times, including twice in Sept. Hurricanes don't affect HH as much as the Vero area (in fact, said friends evacuated TO HH on one occasion)

JMHO!!!

BUt if you VB in September, hope for a light hurricane season.

Thank you everyone!
Your tips really helped us to decide that yes - VB in April and HH in Sept!
Weather, golf touraments and mostly hurricanes are some good reasons to make plans this way.
Now to start booking next week for VB! :cool1:

I read your update. Good choice! When you mentioned "golf tournaments", that's the first thing I thought of at HH. There's a big one there in mid-April and from what I hear, the island gets pretty packed. Also, the Harbor Town Golf Links (I think that's the course-home of the tournament) is closed to the public for about 2 weeks before the tournament. I don't know how golf rates overall compare in April and September though.

Hi,

That sounds like a good plan!!! Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter