HELP WANTED-Anthem MTD Confusion

WorldWacky

DIS Veteran
I've been trying to sort out the details of My Time Dining on Anthem of the Seas. I'm having a hard time figuring out what is the most updated info because things have changed a few times on that class ship.

For MTD, are we assigned ONE specific dining room of the four and we just choose our time? OR do we have the option of reserving a table at any of the four dining rooms? I've been told that the menus are the same but I just thought it might be nice to have a different atmosphere each night like one has when they rotate dining rooms on DCL.

When Anthem first sailed, they had "Dynamic Dining" which was their version of Disney's rotational dining. That experiment failed for whatever reason, and they went back to assigned dining rooms. The latest I have heard is the two of the for dining rooms are assigned to "traditional" dining with set seating times and the same table each night. Of the remaining two, one if for MTD with reservations, and one is for MTD walk-ups, although I think there may be some overlap if needed. So you might be able to move between the two MTD dining rooms, but will not eat in either of the two traditional seating dining rooms.

When Anthem first sailed, they had "Dynamic Dining" which was their version of Disney's rotational dining. That experiment failed for whatever reason, and they went back to assigned dining rooms. The latest I have heard is the two of the for dining rooms are assigned to "traditional" dining with set seating times and the same table each night. Of the remaining two, one if for MTD with reservations, and one is for MTD walk-ups, although I think there may be some overlap if needed. So you might be able to move between the two MTD dining rooms, but will not eat in either of the two traditional seating dining rooms.
Thank you Prose. This is the most comprehensive answer I have gotten for this question from numerous cruise sites and including from my own TA! Her answer seemed VERY dated so I figured I'd ask here too. And just today while doing research, I discovered that she simply cut/pasted from an old article on Cruise Critic! Oh well, if nothing else, I'm getting an onboard credit. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter