Help with location of toll booth...

jennilouwho

DIS Veteran
We were driving from Kennedy Space Center to Windsor Hills yesterday. We ran out of exact change at the very last toll for $1.00. We need to mail it in with the location. I am not sure where we were, I was putting all of our trust in the GPS. Can someone please let me know where that is so I don’t have to pay a fine. Thanks!

We were driving from Kennedy Space Center to Windsor Hills yesterday. We ran out of exact change at the very last toll for $1.00. We need to mail it in with the location. I am not sure where we were, I was putting all of our trust in the GPS. Can someone please let me know where that is so I don’t have to pay a fine. Thanks!
Were you in a rental car (what company) or your own vehicle?

The website says you have 10 days to mail it in. Is that not true?

I have no idea. I was trying to help do research to point you in the right direction. This might be bigger than something a message board can help with.

Were you in a rental car (what company) or your own vehicle?

We were with Alamo in a rental. They gave me a number to call that was a disconnected number... I don't believe it was a Sunpass lane, but I wasn't driving and was dealing with a domestic dispute with a 5 year old in the back when my husband announced we were short a couple of quarters. I just know it was an unmanned toll booth. There was Celebration Ave shortly after we go back.

I have no idea. I was trying to help do research to point you in the right direction. This might be bigger than something a message board can help with.

Oh, okay! Yes, that was helpful and I appreciate it! I did a search on here where lots of people received fines, so I'm curious if I can really write a check for $1.00 and it will all be good.

This might be bigger than something a message board can help with.

This is a perfect question for a message board.

The timing is poor because it’s Sunday and fathers day, so there will be fewer here who know the toll roads like the backs of their hands.

But if the OP keeps an eye on the thread an answer should show up.

Oh, okay! Yes, that was helpful and I appreciate it! I did a search on here where lots of people received fines, so I'm curious if I can really write a check for $1.00 and it will all be good.

My then-husband managed to somehow get onto a cash-only toll road going from the AK area to a grocery store and had no cash. At the time they had handy envelopes to snag at the unmanned toll stop. He got one, we wrote out a check for the amount and mailed it in, it was cashed, and we never heard from National about it at all.

OP you have the paperwork from the rental agency with your license plate number, yes? I’m not even sure you would need the toll location if you had that.

We were with Alamo in a rental. They gave me a number to call that was a disconnected number... I don't believe it was a Sunpass lane, but I wasn't driving and was dealing with a domestic dispute with a 5 year old in the back when my husband announced we were short a couple of quarters. I just know it was an unmanned toll booth. There was Celebration Ave shortly after we go back.
With Alamo, the worst case should be a charge to your credit card for the cost of the toll plus the $3.95 daily service fee for toll services (charged only for days when you actually have tolls charged to the license plate on the rental car). These can take some time (like 4 to 6 weeks) to show up on the credit card.

With Alamo, the worst case should be a charge to your credit card for the cost of the toll plus the $3.95 daily service fee for toll services (charged only for days when you actually have tolls charged to the license plate on the rental car). These can take some time (like 4 to 6 weeks) to show up on the credit card.

Really? Even if it wasn't a Sunpass lane? And maybe it was both, like I said, I wasn't paying attention and my husband can't remember. Thanks!

This is a perfect question for a message board.

The timing is poor because it’s Sunday and fathers day, so there will be fewer here who know the toll roads like the backs of their hands.

But if the OP keeps an eye on the thread an answer should show up.

My then-husband managed to somehow get onto a cash-only toll road going from the AK area to a grocery store and had no cash. At the time they had handy envelopes to snag at the unmanned toll stop. He got one, we wrote out a check for the amount and mailed it in, it was cashed, and we never heard from National about it at all.

OP you have the paperwork from the rental agency with your license plate number, yes? I’m not even sure you would need the toll location if you had that.

Thanks for your info!

This is what happened to me last year while renting with a van from Hertz that I rented in VA so it wasn't fitted with a Sunpass. I got to an unmanned toll booth and didn't have the proper change, so I said oh well they will read the license plate and catch up with the rental company who will then catch up with me... and I just drove on through. About 3 weeks later my credit card was hit for another $7-8 to cover the toll and small service fee, but there was no big fine involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!