Help with Wonder Room Choice

cutedisneygirly

DIS Veteran
We are sailing next year on a 5 day cruise to Mexico from San Diego. We are debating between two sets of connecting rooms:

7028 & 7030 forward rooms between the forward and midship elevator lobbies and a few rooms away from the midship category
7100 & 7120 aft rooms just a few rooms forward of the aft elevator lobby and a few rooms away from the midship category

All are verandah rooms

Which would you choose and why?

Also, I have already booked a pair of the rooms a few months ago. If I switch rooms, will it cost more? The rooms are currently the same price as each other, but are more than when we booked a few months ago.

Thanks for your input.

Edited to add: There will be 5 of us cruising: My parents, DH and I, and our 5 year old DS.

Last edited:
We are sailing next year on a 5 day cruise to Mexico from San Diego. We are debating between two sets of connecting rooms:

7028 & 7030 forward rooms between the forward and midship elevator lobbies and a few rooms away from the midship category
7100 & 7120 aft rooms just a few rooms forward of the aft elevator lobby and a few rooms away from the midship category

All are verandah rooms

Which would you choose and why?

Also, I have already booked a pair of the rooms a few months ago. If I switch rooms, will it cost more? The rooms are currently the same price as each other, but are more than when we booked a few months ago.

Thanks for your input.

I prefer aft with better access to Cabanas and the Buena Vista theatre. If you have kids, it's also a little more convenient to the clubs. Forward has better access to the adult areas and the Walt Disney theatre.

Both are port side, so the views would be similar.

We prefer aft rooms as well for the reason mentioned above (closer access to the things we use most). We've actually been in 7100 and 7102 on the Magic and loved the location. Booked the same two cabins for the Wonder this Feb.

Take a look at the deck plans and see if you think you will be spending more time in forward or aft locations and make your decision from there.

We prefer aft for easy access to the drink stations, buffet, counter service snacks, ice cream, and kids pool area (when the kids were younger). Also 2 of the 3 main dining rooms are in the aft as well, so we find aft very convenient.

As far as pricing goes, are the new rooms you are considering in the same category as the rooms you currently have booked? If so, there won’t be a change in price. If they are a different category, I believe they will be priced the same as the price that particular category was at when you originally booked. I haven’t personally done this in a while, but that is the way it has worked in the past. You are just doing a room change on the reservations - don’t cancel them or then you will be paying current pricing.

I'll put in a vote for Forward, we stayed aft once on the Fantasy and it was NOISY, we were just forward of the midship elevators on our last Wonder cruise (but on deck 6) and I booked the same exact rooms again for our next cruise b/c we liked the location so well. Was close to the midship stairs which went right to the kids clubs, close to the atrium, the restaurants, and really not a far walk aft, the Wonder is not an overwhelming big ship. That said we aren't buffet people so we did not enter Cabanas once LOL.

If you're sailing sans kids, forward rooms might be a better choice, you're closer to the bars, and the spa, also the Quiet Cove Pool and Cove Cafe Coffee shop. If you're not okay with walking aft to the dining rooms or want to be closer to the other venues on the ship mid-ship or aft are probably a better choice. I prefer forward not just because we sail with out kids but also the forward elevators are close to the Walt Disney Theater, the Adults only areas, but the elevators are used less frequently and aren't always as crowded (I'm speaking specifically about the Wonder). The walk from the forward elevators to the Atrium is very short and you can get to your room deck faster I think. Also it doesn't hurt to do a little walking while on board right?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think we will stick with our aft rooms that we have already booked for the convenience to the kids' areas and dining rooms. Plus room 7100 will be easy for DH to remember. Haha!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter