Help!!

scanmom

DIS Veteran
I didn't really know where to post this, but thought this was the best place! Here is my problem. A friend of mine gave me a $100.00 DS gift card (some problem, huh?) anyway, what I really want is a Villians snowglobe that I saw at Disney Studios a year and a half ago. I called the WDW merchandise line, and yes they have it, but I can't use the gift card there! I asked about using Disney dollars, figuring I could try to trade in the GC for DD at our local DS, but they said they can't accept the Disney dollars over the phone, only in person at the parks! Can anyone help!! TIA:(

Well you really have no choice but to go to WDW and get the thing! ;)

Okay I know this is going to sound a bit controversial, however, I couldn't come up with a better alternative. What if you were to purchase something at the store with the card for $100 and then return it and get the cash? Of, if they wouldn't let you get cash back because you used the card you could try to purchase the Disney Dollars buy something with them and then return it and get cash. I mean afterall, you are STILL going to purchase something from them in the end right?

Good luck!

I guess that is worth a try...I am going to call the DL merchandise # tomarrow and see if I fare any better with them! They do lots of things different than WDW, so maybe it's woth a shot....and tha DL merchandise # is a 1-800 #, so at least it won't be on my dime like the WDW # was!! Thanks for the ideas!!! p.s. I wish I could get to WDW to buy the globe!! But no chance!!!:(

I was just wondering, the disney store couldn't do this for you. I you paid the s/h charge? You are using the GC or the Disney Dollars at the Disney Store and i thought it was just like money. Only a thought.

Good Luck

I asked the lady at WDW merchandising if the DS could order it for me and she said she did't think so. But I am going to ask anyway, it can't hurt to ask! Thanks for the ideas!;)

If you make a purchase with DD's the reciept will say so. When you make the return you will be given DD instead of cash. Had that happen with a gift someone gave me. A shirt for ds. It was too small. She gave me the reciept in case. There wasn't anything clothing wise that I wanted for ds at the time (believe it or not - he's a hard to fit child) so I asked if I could get a refund since I had the reciept. CM said certainly. Looked at the reciept and said, "Oh this was purchased with DD, I can only give you DD in return."

Hope you can work something out! Is this snowglobe only available through Disney Studios?

:earsgirl:
56 more days!

I have one that my sister gave me as a gift. I have a three and
a half year old so I have never taken it out of the box. Email me at nawlins7@earthlink.net and we can discuss it :)
I can take pics of it and my ebay rating is flawless
ebay name =nawlins7

I am interested in getting in touch with you about the villian snowglobe. I have e-mailed you twice and am not sure if you are getting them. I am at colemant_@hotmail.com TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter