What about young children like two years old? Are they asking them to leave if they won't wear a mask?
Disney’s offical policy is anyone 2 years and older must wear a face mask at all times unless actively eating and drinking while being stationary. So yes they will ask the group to leave. They have changed the wording on their website to state “if guests cannot comply with mask policy they are asked to reschedule their vacation” they also repeat in the parks multiple times a day “if you cannot comply you will be asked to leave” and “please make sure your face covering is over your mouth and nose”

Day 1: EPCOT

Will continue to update as we travel. I didn’t look for mask compliance or really care about it. Not something I am concerned about while being in Disney. These reports are just the facts good or bad so you definitely don’t have to worry about my spin or interpretation.

Went with plan from Disney Tourist Blog

Arrived to parking toll at 10:18 they opened by 10:20. Was hoping to be there by 10:10 was about cars deep each lane

Kids and I went to Test Track said 30 was 22, rope dropped it ride running by 10:40. Listed as 85 when we exited. Saved wife/+2 child swap for later

Frozen said 70 was 37, line started just left of archway in China by store wall heading back to Frozen

Three Caballeros was walk on

Ordered Regal Eagle BBQ at 12:43 finished eating and cleaning up to catch American Experience at 2

Walked around and drank in World Showcase

Walk on Beauty and Beast Sing a long- 9 minutes to next show

Headed back to Future World at 3:45

Saw Pooh right outside of Figment Ride

Wife and kids did Soarin’ said 20 was 15

Land said 10 was walk on, they filled every row

Watched Awesome Planet

Seas with Nemo said 10 walk, long empty winding queue.. Walked around Seas exhibit

Figment said 15 was walk on

Spaceship Earth said 15 was walk on

Tried to do pin trading at Pin Traders and was told their are no pin boards in EPCOT not very happy about that

Finished with Test Track Rider Swap from this morning

Left at close

Overall felt we had a great day may of pushed the kids a bit hard so we are thinking about how to slow down a bit more

I drove in on Saturday for a somewhat solo / girls trip. I am leaving this coming Monday. I am staying off property at a resort on I-Drive. In past trips, we've stayed at either the Contemporary or CL at the Grand Floridian. But with the reduced hours, no fireworks, no EMM, etc. I just couldn't justify the cost. AND I found a room at the Sheraton Vistiana for $104 a night that gave me a larger room, kitchen, and washer/dryer. I am an AP

On Sunday, I arrived at AK around 7 for an 8 AM opening. Parking opened around 7:30. I chose to do preferred parking to have a better parking spot and save some walking energy for the park (I've had an arthritis flair up of late). I stopped for a photo at the tree of life and was heading towards Safari by 7:55.

I did Safari, Everest, Jungle Trek, Kali Rapids, Dinosaur, and Tough to Be a Bug by 10:15 and went to Nomad lounge where I decided to sit and rest and wait til they opened. They opened at 11 AM and I was 1st in line (by the time they opened the line was at least 10 parties deep). I had lunch (sliders, a cocktail, and churros) while I relaxed and watched the barges go by.

After lunch, walked the Gorilla trail (and see the baby gorilla) and then left for the day. FOP was set at 120 minutes and it was HOT and significantly more crowded. Since I'd driven 14+ hours the day before, I was ready to leave. E and Significantly more crowded.... I headed back to the hotel around 2 or so.

Now, if I was staying on property, I probably would have gone back to AK for a bit. But I was just worn out from the drive in the day before to get back in the car after taking off my shoes and cooling down. AND if I could park hop, I would have gone to MK or Epcot for the afternoon.

On Monday, I met local friends for breakfast at GF Cafe which was lovely. Unfortunately, they were running late so we didn't make it to MK until close to 10 AM. And WOW. Pirates was already 60 minutes at that point. We did HM after about a 30 minute wait - the line snaked through Liberty Belle Que, but it moved SO fast. Then we did Teacups, Pooh, and Mickey's Philharmonic all with basically constantly moving lines. After watching one of the Cavalcades (Jack & Sally), we left around 12:45 (friends had to go to work).

A storm was heading in so I had lunch at Gasparilla at the GF (the guards said it was OK for us to stay parked at GF for the day). I was planning on heading back into MK but the weather showed storms all afternoon so headed back to the hotel again.

Again, if I was staying on property (we usually stay at GF or Contemporary), I would have chanced going back...

On Tuesday, I met up with other friend's who had come in from CA. We went to HS first thing. We tapped in right at 9:55 (so close). but I was able to snag a Boarding Group for Rise (53). There were a total of 7 of us meeting at HS that morning. A Guest Services person was able to add everyone into my Boarding group. Note that 3 of us tried to get boarding groups and I was the only one that succeeded.

Now, I don't know if they will keep this up, but because of Social Distancing ROTR is only boarding one party per car - so me alone - or all 7 of us - was still a single group (each ROTR vehicle seats 8 total). And he was kind enough to put us together though we aren't all connected on MDE. Also, the CM joked and asked if I KNEW these people and we laughed but he was dead serious. Evidently people have PAID others to join a group a strangers.

The rest of our day I won't report on as one of my friends is a Club member so it isn't a good representation of wait times. I will note that we were evacuated of of RNR ;-) We did do Mobile Order at ABC commissary and it was pretty quick and also really good. I had the pork tacos and would happily get them again.

We were called on Rise right around 2 PM and when we came out, the park was mostly empty as once the 2nd boarding group opportunity had passed, a lot of people left. We left around 2:30 and again, I could have gone back, but....

On Wednesday, we went to MK. We were there by park open and it was significantly less crowded than Monday and the crowds stayed much lighter until we left around 2 PM. Lines seemed to be manageable though some of them SEEMED long. After time to rest and shower, we headed back to property and had dinner at Shula's which was excellent.

Today we rested most of the day....though we headed to AK late in the afternoon for lunch at Yak & Yeti. The crowds weren't too bad at this point. The boys were able to ride EE a few times while we ate. The line was posted at 30 minutes but moved a bit more quickly and they got off and got right back in line ;-)

We are planning on Epcot tomorrow and probably no parks on Saturday (No Park Passes for AP last I checked) and another meet up on Sunday.

Some observations:

Getting there early is critical. The crowds build within a hour of park opening at MK and AK.

If ROTR is important to you, then you must get there early. Note that we didn't get there super early and still got a boarding group. I walked into the park as far as the Brown Derby before it was time to try. The park REALLY clears out after 2 PM.

Wednesday was MUCH better crowd wise than Monday in MK.

Though I miss staying on property, I still don't think the cost is justified based on the reduction in what you get. My entire stay for 9 nights is right at $1,000. And thanks to a full sized fridge, stove top, washer/dryer, etc, I have had coffee, breakfast and some dinners in my room. Driving here meant I had a car without having to rent one. NOTHING on property came close to that total cost on property.

I probably would NOT stay on property with DH til Club Level opens again. And I probably wouldn't stay on property for a solo trip unless prices come way down or some incentives are returned.

The Park passes are tough off property, though. As an AP, I could make 3 days of passes which meant that I've had to book the next pass late in the evening. Even if you've left the park, your pass doesn't expire until all the parks are closed for the day. That's a bit of a pain. AND, too, here I am towards the end of the trip and there are no park passes for AP at any parks on Saturday (the last time I looked).

Also, I had trips booked for both December with my daughter at the Contemporary and in January at the GF with DH. I immediately booked park passes for those trips. When I cancelled them, the park passes didn't auto cancel. HOWEVER, when my 1st park pass expired on this trip, I was unable to book a 3rd...that's because I still has park passes out there. I had to go in and cancel them one by one before I could make a park pass for Wednesday.

PACK YOUR PATIENCE. and please, please, PLEASE be nice to every CM you come in contact with.

I've felt safe most of this trip. Mask compliance is around 95%. People aren't always kind and patient, however, I find that you get what you put out attitude wise. Unhappy people are going to be unhappy and complain. Do your best to ignore them and not BE them.

I did pack handwipes but the only things I've wiped down is the spinning wheel on Teacups and a table for lunch, I haven't pulled them out. And while it's GREAT to have sanitizer at the entrance and exit of every ride, after the 4th or 5th blast of hand sanitizer, you need to WASH your hands.

Masks are tough in the heat. However, combining a disposable mask with a mask chain were helpful.

I would come back for a solo trip or trips with friends who Disney often. However, I know DH wouldn't enjoy a trip here nor would I suggest it to anyone as a 1st trip (or even a a 2nd trip if there isn't strong memories of time at WDW).

I don't think they can add much more capacity and keep social distancing until they open more shows and places to eat to spread the crowds out.

I hope the Cavalcades last. They are super fun and a way to see the characters. I would love to see some "rare" cavalcades in the future after Halloween is over.

I hope this is helpful.

Might be the wrong place for it, but thought I'd ask since there is a high concentration of recent visitors here: My youngest DD needs the DAS pass when we go in December, does anyone know if they have changed where you sign up for it in MK (that's always our first park)?

They are now doing it at Chamber of Commerce beside City Hall.

0C6CCFA1-F419-4399-AEA7-ED12DD610DDD.jpeg

I so feel this!! When are you going? You are more than welcome to walk over with me49, my DH48 and DS21 from Boardwalk! We are staying there for my 50th Birthday!
OMG! This is so sweet. I’m going to HS 11/7. How exciting to be celebrating your 50th at WDW? That makes me feel so happy inside.

Not everyone was abiding by the "don't sit here" table markings. CMs didn't enforce. Boo, entitled people.
Life saver tip....they let u take your stroller with u in the line to the entrance, so kids were happy with my phone and some snacks. It would have been hard otherwise. Tip: grab some sodas or snacks, makes the line much more bearable.

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didnt actually know and werent being entitled yourself but snacking in line is not currently permitted. Its one thing to quickly take a sip when you are standing in line for an hour plus in the heat and sun, its another to actively recommend people take their masks off to snack during the line to make the wait less boring.

I’ll share more about today but our expirence at HS of getting here very early just to sit for an hour at railway, but then being able to complete all the headlines rides in the park plus cantina and meals and a few calvacades has me debating skipping the morning rush to MK in the morning. We canceled our second HS day, moved our half AK day to a full day and now have 1.5 days for MK. Debating avoiding the whole morning rush tomorrow and just arriving to MK “late” thoughts? Our only priority there is mine train and calvacades. everything else will be extra fun. And we are willing to wait in line. They move quickly. Would we be totally screwing ourselves to skip rope drop at MK?

This is exactly what we're doing today. This is our 2nd MK day. We did everything Tuesday so today we're going about 3pm. Our goal is to take it all in, to shop, get dole whips, watch calvacades and see the castle lit up in the dark since they close at 8pm.

This is exactly what we're doing today. This is our 2nd MK day. We did everything Tuesday so today we're going about 3pm. Our goal is to take it all in, to shop, get dole whips, watch calvacades and see the castle lit up in the dark since they close at 8pm.

well apparently we can’t sleep in at disney, but we are testing out the bus situation at pop. We got in the MK bus line at 7am. Park opens at 9. We are about the 15th group in line. Its 730 now. No bud yet. Not expecting it until 8ish..

The buses beat the cars today. On the bus to MK we passed the car line and they weren’t letting folks in yet. We took bus from pop and were in the park by 8:10. First in line for Starbucks. Got the new make a wish cup. Took pictures. Ate a muffin. Now in line for mine train with an estimated 30 min wait and its 845 with an offical park opening of 9am. We didn’t even try to be early today but it’s working out! Okay that’s enough for me going to enjoy the park!

Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you didnt actually know and werent being entitled yourself but snacking in line is not currently permitted. Its one thing to quickly take a sip when you are standing in line for an hour plus in the heat and sun, its another to actively recommend people take their masks off to snack during the line to make the wait less boring.
I was at HS yesterday and in line for MMRR. Lots of people were eating and drinking in that line. The CM was out there and she told people that as long as they were standing on their marker space - it was ok to do that.

With super long lines due to social distancing, are there signs indicating what a line is for further back? For example, do I need to walk up towards a ride entrance and follow that line back or will there be something telling me towards the back of the line, what the line is for? I hope that makes sense LOL

With super long lines due to social distancing, are there signs indicating what a line is for further back? For example, do I need to walk up towards a ride entrance and follow that line back or will there be something telling me towards the back of the line, what the line is for? I hope that makes sense LOL
There is usually a CM with a sign at the end of the line with the attraction symbol/name and wait time.

There is usually someone holding a sign at the end of the line.

^There is usually a CM with a sign at the back of the line with an estimated wait time.

I was at HS yesterday and in line for MMRR. Lots of people were eating and drinking in that line. The CM was out there and she told people that as long as they were standing on their marker space - it was ok to do that.

I would be interested in hearing whether other CMs say the same thing (about whether it is okay to eat and drink while waiting in line for an attraction), or if that was one CM giving bad information.

I was trying to think of something small we could bring with us to give to CMs as we see them in the parks. Really want them to know we appreciate them - maybe a small token of some kind... but I'm drawing a complete blank. Thoughts?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter