Here right now PTN question, (answer & more info included)

My boys aren’t overjoyed at two more days, but they aren’t complaining either. I have zero WDW (or DLR) plans for next few years and at their ages (almost 16 & 18) they literally may never do Disney with us again.

My 16 and 18 year old sons are big Disney fans, so your sons may not enjoy the things they like as much but I'll take a stab at making some other in-park suggestions. In DL, my younger gets a kick out of the corniness of the comedy shows in the Golden Horseshoe, plus it's a good place for a snack. Both my boys are in their high school band so they tend to enjoy the DL band, especially when they are playing some of the more modern Disney songs. During the summer, they also really like the Disneyland All-American College Band if they happen to be performing.

In DCA, they both like the character drawing sessions at the Animation Studio. They also occasionally check out the Sorcerer's Workshop. The bread tour isn't much of anything, a free tiny slice of sourdough baguette and an opportunity to watch the bread-making process, but it's a couple of minute pass through and Ghirardelli and a free chocolate sample are directly across the way. Ice cream shakes or sundaes at Ghirardelli are a big hit. When they were there with one of their friends in January last year, the three of them rode Grizzly repeatedly while the adults did other stuff, so maybe the opportunity to go off together and blitz on rides that they might want to do and the rest of the family doesn't might interest your sons as well.

I had annual trips with my family and I remember the trips when I was 17 and 18. I was just over it - even as a huge Disney fan growing up. I didn’t go back until I was 28 and it’s been a non-stop obsession since. I call it the age of not believing (from the Bedknobs and Broomsticks song). It did cause me to miss Superstar Limo and Rocket Rods so it was probably a blessing in disguise. :D

My 16 and 18 year old sons are big Disney fans, so your sons may not enjoy the things they like as much but I'll take a stab at making some other in-park suggestions. In DL, my younger gets a kick out of the corniness of the comedy shows in the Golden Horseshoe, plus it's a good place for a snack. Both my boys are in their high school band so they tend to enjoy the DL band, especially when they are playing some of the more modern Disney songs. During the summer, they also really like the Disneyland All-American College Band if they happen to be performing.

In DCA, they both like the character drawing sessions at the Animation Studio. They also occasionally check out the Sorcerer's Workshop. The bread tour isn't much of anything, a free tiny slice of sourdough baguette and an opportunity to watch the bread-making process, but it's a couple of minute pass through and Ghirardelli and a free chocolate sample are directly across the way. Ice cream shakes or sundaes at Ghirardelli are a big hit. When they were there with one of their friends in January last year, the three of them rode Grizzly repeatedly while the adults did other stuff, so maybe the opportunity to go off together and blitz on rides that they might want to do and the rest of the family doesn't might interest your sons as well.
Thank you for the suggestions.

I've never done the bakery tour. I doubt your boys would like it. Try something more interesting IMO, since they're struggling.
The bakery tour is a 30-second walk past some windows where they are baking bread. Occasionally they are doing something cool (like make Mickey bread or Groot bread), in which case it's worth stopping to watch awhile, but normally there's not much to see. Last Tuesday they were training new people on the Groot bread and there was quite a crowd and the new people got to sign their names on the parchment and take pictures with their new bread. That was pretty cute.

We walk through Every. Single. Time. because my daughter is obsessed with sourdough bread. She asks for two pieces and steals mine, as well. She also scores at Ghirardelli's because I don't like caramel and they're almost always giving out caramel squares, so she gets mine there, too.

This looks like Moana. Where did you see her? Somewhere near Tiki Room?

Yes. She was a perfect Moana! We were in line about 20 minutes before her M&G bc we didn’t want to miss it. It said 10:05-10:15. At 10:15 she showed up. Her handlers told us hey hasn’t heard it was canceled so we hung out. She was a little flustered when she arrived but was joyful and ready to see my girls.

She met up the exit to Tarzan’s house in a little areas set off. Employees near the “21” sign behind pirates were there early to guide us. We had mistakenly been waiting on the Tarzan exit stairs. There are actually another set of stairs actually behindTHAT. Another trio of young women were in the right place but quickly invited my daughters to go in front of them as they had seen us waiting. When we were done M&G we exited properly down Tarzan stairs.

Yes. She was a perfect Moana! We were in line about 20 minutes before her M&G bc we didn’t want to miss it. It said 10:05-10:15. At 10:15 she showed up. Her handlers told us hey hasn’t heard it was canceled so we hung out. She was a little flustered when she arrived but was joyful and ready to see my girls.

She met up the exit to Tarzan’s house in a little areas set off. Employees near the “21” sign behind pirates were there early to guide us. We had mistakenly been waiting on the Tarzan exit stairs. There are actually another set of stairs actually behindTHAT. Another trio of young women were in the right place but quickly invited my daughters to go in front of them as they had seen us waiting. When we were done M&G we exited properly down Tarzan stairs.
Thanks! I looked at the DLR app and could not find Moana on it. We will keep an eye out!

:wizard:

The bakery tour is a 30-second walk past some windows where they are baking bread. Occasionally they are doing something cool (like make Mickey bread or Groot bread), in which case it's worth stopping to watch awhile, but normally there's not much to see. Last Tuesday they were training new people on the Groot bread and there was quite a crowd and the new people got to sign their names on the parchment and take pictures with their new bread. That was pretty cute.

We walk through Every. Single. Time. because my daughter is obsessed with sourdough bread. She asks for two pieces and steals mine, as well. She also scores at Ghirardelli's because I don't like caramel and they're almost always giving out caramel squares, so she gets mine there, too.
I’ll have to checked it out this trip. Haha

My boys aren’t overjoyed at two more days, but they aren’t complaining either. I have zero WDW (or DLR) plans for next few years and at their ages (almost 16 & 18) they literally may never do Disney with us again.

I know it costs a little more, but have you considered having them do the Star Wars Virtual Reality, "The Void" at Downtown Disney? I did it in May with my daughter and house guest (26 guy from Spain), and we all really enjoyed it.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/downtown-disney-district/star-wars-secrets-empire/

Thanks! I looked at the DLR app and could not find Moana on it. We will keep an eye out!

:wizard:
Don't rely on the app for Moana. Her times almost never match when/where she's listed. Find a kind-looking CM in the Fantasy Faire courtyard and explain that you have a Moana fan and you've had trouble finding her on the app, and ask if they might have any tips for you. Usually they'll pull out a paper schedule and look her up. The paper schedule is real life. The app is not.

Geez I did not know Moana was still there. My son would have loved that. Next time.

Thanks for the tip on seating. For sure we will try to get a Tangled in; we haven’t met Rapunzel.

We’ve met Snow White, Ariel & Cinderella at Royal Hall. We met Aurora by the entrance.

We’ve yet to meet Minnie. This is a goal for today along with Moana if the app says she’s around.

also met -
Peter Pan, Evil Queen, Fairy Godmother, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Belle in blue dress, Pluto, Goofy & Max, Mad Hatter & Alice.
Saw Hook, Beast, Cruella.

Then Thor, Loki, Judy & Nick.

Saw Groot, Gamora and Star Lord, Captain America.

Hoping to meet the rest of available Marvel and Minnie and Moana. I’d also like try for Jasmine and Tiana - they are DD5 favorites. But Moana & Marvel are firsts for us.

We did see part of Frozen. Had no idea it was an hour long. We had FP we needed to use so we left after 20 minutes. We hope to see whole thing today.

We also want time to shop. We’ve richocheted all over the last few days; we need to slow it down.

Girls are beyond excited.

I would have liked more SoCal sightseeing but the traffic ruins it. We have had three days of other stuff, including three beach visits.

Is Sorcerer’s Workshop interesting? Bakery Tour?
Sounds like you did great! I hope you'll share more photos later

I hope you got to see the rest of Frozen. It's a great show. We've seen it twice. Even these Frozen weary Disney fans loved it.

Glad you got some firsts! We also met Moana back in December. She was a lot of fun.

Hopefully you got some time to slow down today.

I have a friend who just visited LA. They did a lot of touristy stuff and the traffic took a toll on them as well. That's why we fly in, shuttle to DLR and stay put until we shuttle back to the airport.

We haven't done the Sorcerer's Workshop of the bakery tour so can't help there.

If it's not sundown yet, check when that is and head for Route 66. It's fun to watch the lights go on. Listen for Sha-boom, and it's almost time.

Ooh we didn't see Moana yesterday. We'll try tomorrow. How are you guys seeing where the characters are in the app? I have no idea where to look.

Thanks for the suggestion for the princess shows, maybe we'll try to catch one tomorrow.

As for the other princesses, do they switch them out each day at the royal hall? Or throughout the day? My dd wants to see Ariel.

I know it costs a little more, but have you considered having them do the Star Wars Virtual Reality, "The Void" at Downtown Disney? I did it in May with my daughter and house guest (26 guy from Spain), and we all really enjoyed it.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/downtown-disney-district/star-wars-secrets-empire/

I really want to do this on my arrival evening next month but am not sure on my timing. Can you usually walk up for this? I know the website takes reservations but that’s the one day I can’t really plan (driving instead of flying this time).

Ooh we didn't see Moana yesterday. We'll try tomorrow. How are you guys seeing where the characters are in the app? I have no idea where to look.

Thanks for the suggestion for the princess shows, maybe we'll try to catch one tomorrow.

As for the other princesses, do they switch them out each day at the royal hall? Or throughout the day? My dd wants to see Ariel.
It depends how updated your app is. If you have the most recent version, tap "Attractions" on the top and, when it drops down, choose "Characters." Older versions, swipe the "Attractions" to the left to see the other headings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!