Here's why I loved our Memory Maker purchase (photographic evidence!)

Glad you liked it, just thought I'd say, it isn't for everyone.

One our last trip, we only had 5 photos in our account, beyond the non-optional ride photos. Paying that much for that few photos didn't make sense to us.

I'm also not all that fond of the new technology that automatically links those photos to MB's.

Glad you liked it, just thought I'd say, it isn't for everyone.

One our last trip, we only had 5 photos in our account, beyond the non-optional ride photos. Paying that much for that few photos didn't make sense to us.

I'm also not all that fond of the new technology that automatically links those photos to MB's.

Oh sure, I just wanted to share my opinion of it.

You definitely have to find the photopass photographers to make it worth it, we had a long trip so we had fun finding them.

We actually love that it links automatically, made it a lot easier.

I was thankful we had Memory Maker with my AP. Even if I don’t have an AP on future trips, I plan to always purchase Memory Maker.

For example: 8 days at Disney, took 538 photopass photos! Sooo many of me and my sister together, probably more than our entire life so far! It made my mom really happy to see us having so much fun together!

1 day at Universal: no photos together, very few photos of either of us alone (mostly of scenery/buildings). No ride photos.

I also like the memory maker, especially since it's included with APs now. Not all photographers are created equally though. On my October trip my nephew took his daughter to the Character Spot in Epcot. The photos with Minnie and Goofy were great but the ones with Mickey were too dark.

Ha, those are great! I love that they include the lead up to the posed photos in the Memory Maker as well, as some of those are the best.

I was glad that we got ours for this trip. I'm not suuuure I'd def do it again but being there for a week, and being a group of three, it meant that we were able to get group photos in all the spots we wanted, plus we got a few of the special Halloween Party pictures.

I really did NOT know that it can track you on a ride when you didn't use a FastPass though! I went on RnR by myself through the single-rider line, walked straight through the gift shop and shortly after, there was my photo of me in the limo!

I really did NOT know that it can track you on a ride when you didn't use a FastPass though! I went on RnR by myself through the single-rider line, walked straight through the gift shop and shortly after, there was my photo of me in the limo!

FP doesn't figure into ride photos ("automatic" or otherwise.)

Just having a Magic Band with you does the trick with the "automatic" photos and videos that go to your MDX account.

Ha, those are great! I love that they include the lead up to the posed photos in the Memory Maker as well, as some of those are the best.

I was glad that we got ours for this trip. I'm not suuuure I'd def do it again but being there for a week, and being a group of three, it meant that we were able to get group photos in all the spots we wanted, plus we got a few of the special Halloween Party pictures.

It tracks you via MB. FP has nothing to do with it. So if you don’t want your photo taken on a ride, put your MB in your pocket or bag or turn it around so you can hold Mickey to your chest.

FP doesn't figure into ride photos ("automatic" or otherwise.)

Just having a Magic Band with you does the trick with the "automatic" photos and videos that go to your MDX account.

I figured this is how it happened, I just didn't consider prior to riding that it knew exactly where I was the whole time! I would have only thought FP played into it so far as that's when you actually acknowledge you are getting on the ride but it shouldn't surprise me that Disney is a step ahead. It really is like Roller Coaster Tycoon, where you have all those little people wandering around your parks and when you click on them, they have names and histories!

It tracks you via MB. FP has nothing to do with it. So if you don’t want your photo taken on a ride, put your MB in your pocket or bag or turn it around so you can hold Mickey to your chest.

Sorry, but that likely would not make any difference.

Well, I’ve had photos missing when my MB was twisted around and stuck under double layers of long sleeves or hidden beneath the safety bar (I wear my MB 2.0 icon on a lanyard now), so although I agree that theoretically you should be right, I’m not convinced that in actuality the RFID signal isn’t blocked in those cases. And unfortunately I don’t get to ride frequently enough to test the theory! :magnify:

Aw, man. I thought I’d already made up my mind about memory maker, but you’re making me have second thoughts. I may just have to buy it for our next trip (which will be our youngest kiddo’s first Disney trip!)

Yeah, it doesn't. There were lots of times I had the bands belonging to DD and DGD with me, in my bag and when we got our photos we had 4 copies, one from DH, me, DGD and DD's bands.

I'm sure that there are times when it glitches though

When we go if I don't get 700 to 900+ pictures on MM I sort of consider the trip to be a failure (LOL). I go with the daughters maternal relatives and the only way I can get a picture with her is with MM.

Aw, man. I thought I’d already made up my mind about memory maker, but you’re making me have second thoughts. I may just have to buy it for our next trip (which will be our youngest kiddo’s first Disney trip!)

I think you should really think about getting it - especially for a first trip.
I don't think you will regret it.
Whenever you pass a photopass photographer, take a minute and you all get your picture taken.
That way everyone is in the picture and you won't always be missing the person in your party who is taking the picture.
Just my two cents.
Amy

One other reason for MM, the magic shots. When my goddaughter was 2 we did the hands out shot with Tinker Bell. I had her convinced for years that Tinker was there she just wasn't looking hard enough.

I did the math on MM one time and it was MORE than worth the money. Our favorite photos are always the ride photos. Those alone can cost around $15 each. We had over 30 ride photos this past time. That would've cost me over $450 just for those photos. Then you add in all the castle and varies other photopass shots and we had over 500 photos by the end of the trip. I plan to always buy it!

Yes! You won't regret catching your child's excitement and joy. This photo of my DH & DD on her first ride on 7DMT made it worth every penny. Love it!
13173885_10153667538469779_3727485134969768486_n[1].jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter