Hertz and AAA

phillyteamhater

Mouseketeer
I just booked a intermediate SUV with Hertz through AAA for my June trip. I also signed up for the Hertz Gold program and included that on my reservation. Went through AAA to get the booster seat fee waived. I will obviously keep checking for lower rates closer to my travel dates. My main question is since I linked the Gold # to my reservation will I be able to bypass the counter and go straight to the garage. I have never rented from Hertz before.

Thanks

In theory yes. I have heard that if this is your first time renting gold you need to stop at the counter. I can not speak to that for certain. I do think you could go the gold counter at the garage. Also, if you signup for the text alerts you might just be sent you stall number for your car and then you would know to just go to the garage. Unfortunately, since Covid 19 we rarely get that text.
I just booked a intermediate SUV with Hertz through AAA for my June trip. I also signed up for the Hertz Gold program and included that on my reservation. Went through AAA to get the booster seat fee waived. I will obviously keep checking for lower rates closer to my travel dates. My main question is since I linked the Gold # to my reservation will I be able to bypass the counter and go straight to the garage. I have never rented from Hertz before.

Thanks

Thanks
I am wondering the same thing. I got a great rate on small SUV for July. My reservation says “Gold Canopy“ for service type.

I am wondering the same thing. I got a great rate on small SUV for July. My reservation says “Gold Canopy“ for service type.
I'm pretty sure if it's "gold canopy", then you go to the Gold aisle and pick from what's in the aisle.

Something to try for first time Hertz renters, before your trip, go to a local Hertz location and see if they can confirm whatever they need to so you can skip the counter when you pick up. I don't know if that will work, but may not be too much of an inconvenience if it doesn't.

I am thinking I may need to go to counter regardless since I am going to need a booster seat. Not sure the protocol for picking that up.

I rented from Hertz in November at MCO, first time Gold member. Based on what I read here, I did two things:
1. Went to my local airport Hertz location to see if they could do the ID/credit card/license check in advance. They said NOPE, gotta do it in Orlando. OK. :sad1:
2. When I got to Orlando I went to the counter (and my reservation said I had counter level of service). Dude there looked at my reservation and said, nope, you are gold, go right to the garage; they'll get your credit card info as you leave the garage. OK! :)

And that's exactly how it played out. DD and I went to the garage, picked the car from the row indicated (or maybe it was assigned, don't really remember), and off we went! I'm just happy there was NO line at the Hertz desk, so I didn't have to wait in line to learn I didn't have to wait in line! :thumbsup2

There is a big sign at the Hertz counter at MCO that says ALL Gold members go to the Gold desk in the garage. If your reservation says Gold Canopy, you go pick something from the aisle and they will do the confirmation at the exit. If it says Gold Desk, you go up and see if your name is on the board with a space number. If you have a space number they will do the confirmation at the exit, if it says See Desk, you go up to the Gold Desk and they verify before telling you which space your vehicle is in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter