***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

So do you bring jeans/pants? How many? we are there 9 nights. I'm trying to control my packing. Lows will be in upper 50s. I plan to wear shorts during day and a longer sleeve top with a jean jacket or sweater and shorts at night.

If it truly will be mid 70's in the day and upper 50's at night then I will wear long pants and some sort of jacket or hooded sweatshirt, depending on if it is windy or not. We have been at the World Showcase when the weather was in the 50's and a strong wind blowing and it was really cold. We have been in the MK in the same weather conditions and since it is a more enclosed park than Epcot, we weren't as cold.

Since we will be leaving Chicago around 5am on Wednesday morning, when the temperature is expected to hover around 41 degrees, we'll be wearing our warm clothes. That way we won't have to worry about fitting fleeces and jeans in the suitcase. And we will have them handy in case the weather in Orlando gets cold. I like to wear gloves when it gets below 55 degrees. My hands get cold easily.

We swam last trip and we were there in December, so we will be swimming this trip as long as there is no lightning! Our last October trip was too hot, especially our MNSSHP day, so I'm hoping for milder temps. Almost one week left!

We swam last trip and we were there in December, so we will be swimming this trip as long as there is no lightning! Our last October trip was too hot, especially our MNSSHP day, so I'm hoping for milder temps. Almost one week left!
We are from Maine and hoped October this year would be cooler than September last year. Unfortunately it wasn't (10/6-10/15) We had many hot humid days and a few breezy days. We are heading back for a quick long weekend in December for our first holiday trip and hoping for finally cool, non-humid weather!

Last edited:

I am 10 days away from check in at Music for one night. 9 days away from when I leave.

For some reason the last two days I have been so nervous about driving down. I have never driven that far by myself. I have only driven to Atlanta on my own. I mean I drive all the time for work within the state of kentucky and a round trip from one end of the state to the other is like driving to Disney...

Just nervous. I sort of wish I had someone going with me now...

I am 10 days away from Music for one night. 9 days away from when I leave.

For some reason the last two days I have been so nervous about driving down. I have never driven that far by myself. I have only driven to Atlanta on my own. I mean I drive all the time for work within the state of kentucky and a round trip from one end of the state to the other is like driving to Disney...

Just nervous. I sort of wish I had someone going with me now...
I recently drove within my state for work which I don't normally do and I passed the time listening and singing along to Disney CDs. It was a great way to build excitement for the trip and pass the time.

I'm sure you will be fine, just remember the prize at the end of the trip!

I recently drove within my state for work which I don't normally do and I passed the time listening and singing along to Disney CDs. It was a great way to build excitement for the trip and pass the time.

I'm sure you will be fine, just remember the prize at the end of the trip!

True. And I am breaking up my drive. Staying in Macon on the way down. I can’t do the 12 hour driving anymore straight. And forget about night driving...my eyes are not like they were a few years ago.

So now I'm having a minor weather freak out.

My days are showing highs of only 76-78. :( I want to wear shorts and my summer tops in the day with just a light jacket at night. And swim.

When we were there 9/30 the temperature was 88-the real feel was 103 with the humidity. Yeah I'm gonna say that 78 is still shorts weather if the real feel temps go up like they did that day. 10/7 was 91 it almost melted my brain and we had 27 days over 100 where I live but AK had no breeze and I think I am just no built for humidity. I compared our temps to those in June and early October actually was on par with June. HOT! My next trip will absolutely be in March or November-I know the crowds are higher but I cant take that heat.

True. And I am breaking up my drive. Staying in Macon on the way down. I can’t do the 12 hour driving anymore straight. And forget about night driving...my eyes are not like they were a few years ago.

If you have access to audio books that is a great way to pass the time driving. I do that often on my commute to work.

7 Days! :cheer2: One week till Disney! :bounce: I called and double checked our rental car reservation for the drive to the airport, put in the notifications alerts on our flights. We are pulling down our carry on bags and packing what we can Saturday. I have a list :goodvibes We've already packed the checked bag. Starting to freak and get a little nervous. I'm always a ball of nerves on travel day. I'm always worrying about what will go wrong. We have a 2 1/2 hour drive to the airport, so I worry about the rental car, about getting through security, the flight, the airport, whether the room will be ready, if we get our requests etc! Thankfully this time I booked a nonstop flight, so at least I don't have to worry about the connecting flight and layovers. I tend to feel a little sick on arrival night from traveling, worrying etc, so I'm hoping the shorter flight will help with that.

Most of you probably aware by now, but all Disney websites and systems seem to be down. The MDE app is back up. Trying to add a dinning plan through DVC for next week. Looks like that will have to wait.

I've developed this ridiculous fear that I'll forget our MagicBands. I'm going to put them in my trip tote tonight, I think.
Always. Always afraid of this.

Last year DH almost left our carry-on, with the magic bands in it, on the plane during our layover. Forgetting or losing magic bands is a thing of nightmares, even though you know you would get it sorted when there.

Haha, I know! The 60 degree warnings cracked me up! I live in Michigan, so we'll be juuuuuuust fine with 60 degrees. ;) We will definitely pack jackets for those nights, though!
We're from Michigan too.. agreed - we'll be fine! (might need a nightcap to keep warm tho!)

It’s getting real now! The movers come tomorrow to pick up all our stuff and then we fly to Florida first thing Saturday. I’ve had so many checklists to get through. I can’t believe it’s finally time after all these months of planning. I made sure that the Disney suitcases and carry-ons (including Magic Bands) are safely stowed in a closet so they don’t get accidentally loaded on the truck. I just need to make it through the next 36 hours and then it’ll be time for a celebratory drink of something suitably festive at the Poly!

It’s getting real now! The movers come tomorrow to pick up all our stuff and then we fly to Florida first thing Saturday. I’ve had so many checklists to get through. I can’t believe it’s finally time after all these months of planning. I made sure that the Disney suitcases and carry-ons (including Magic Bands) are safely stowed in a closet so they don’t get accidentally loaded on the truck. I just need to make it through the next 36 hours and then it’ll be time for a celebratory drink of something suitably festive at the Poly!
Wow! That’s a lot going on at once! Good for you for getting through all your check lists!

We check into Poly on sat, too! So excited!!

Just printed my Touring Plans as well as my own little itinerary! (We will use the app, but have young kids who like to follow along on paper). It's really here!! 24 hours from now we'll be leaving for the airport! Now, I'm off to get my kids to school then finishing packing! Whoo hoo!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!