***Hey, Hey! Come right in and plan, OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 thread!!!***

Amazon Prime Now is fantastic. For an additional $8 you can receive the order within the hour. We needed a fan and extra socks in addition to some grocery items and it was all here in about 50mins. They will leave everything with bell services if you're not around.
Ohhhh!! That is good to know! Thanks for sharing!

So...my grandma passed last night. The funeral is Sunday. We've invited my mom to come down with us last minute, she really needs a break after dealing with all of this for the past few months, but she wouldn't have wanted to come while her mother was still in the hospice. So now I'm online and on the phone, trying to rearrange everything. Luckily at least our room is already one that can hold 5. We're surprising my son who absolutely adores her. Thinking I might treat her to a spa visit if I can get one last minute.

So...my grandma passed last night. The funeral is Sunday. We've invited my mom to come down with us last minute, she really needs a break after dealing with all of this for the past few months, but she wouldn't have wanted to come while her mother was still in the hospice. So now I'm online and on the phone, trying to rearrange everything. Luckily at least our room is already one that can hold 5. We're surprising my son who absolutely adores her. Thinking I might treat her to a spa visit if I can get one last minute.
I'm sorry for your loss. It is very nice that you are able to include your mom on your trip. :)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure your mom could use the time away from everything, I hope you get it all planned out.

Managed to change all but 2 dining reservations, oddly neither Ohana breakfast or dinner was an issue but Garden Grill is! Going to keep trying or else just show up with 5 (the 5th is a baby so he can be in arms if need be). And for the Tiffins ROL package they only have second shows available for the lunch time I want. The impossible thing is FP. Can't copy her to Frozen, Peter Pan, or Kilimanjaro Safari, everything else we could get her on with Rider Switch. Will keep trying I guess. But really I think she's just happy to be on vacation with her grandkids and doesn't really care about all the other stuff.

I'm so sorry! It's so generous, sweet, loving, and thoughtful of you to include your mom in your trip! I hope you get everything worked out and can make some wonderful memories!

Also, she's going to join our group costume as Edna Mode! I have a perfect wig already, so she just needed a black dress and round glasses (another win for Amazon Prime!) No capes!

I am so sorry for your loss...but that is a wonderful costume!!! Pictures please!!! :)

Think of the good times and be as happy as you can be.

Managed to change all but 2 dining reservations, oddly neither Ohana breakfast or dinner was an issue but Garden Grill is! Going to keep trying or else just show up with 5 (the 5th is a baby so he can be in arms if need be). And for the Tiffins ROL package they only have second shows available for the lunch time I want. The impossible thing is FP. Can't copy her to Frozen, Peter Pan, or Kilimanjaro Safari, everything else we could get her on with Rider Switch. Will keep trying I guess. But really I think she's just happy to be on vacation with her grandkids and doesn't really care about all the other stuff.
So sorry for your loss! As for getting her added? Maybe go to guest services and explain what happened and see if they can toss some pixie dust your way for your mom on the FP?

I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out with your mom.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, Cabbagesandkings. What a gift to your mom to be able to get away for a bit. Care giving is so very hard on one. I hope everything works out for the reservations and spa treatment for her.

We’re here!! Flights, DME, all went as planned. Checked into Poly. Went over to MK at 5pm with the goal of using 3 FP and eating QS dinner by 7:30. Actually finished at 7:50 with everything but part of that was due to waiting for one of our family members for 15 at one point. MK was projected to be a 7/10 tonight and it did feel crowded! Difficult to walk everywhere we were. But, still, we got to everything on our plan and had a fun almost 3 hours at MK!

We’re here!! Flights, DME, all went as planned. Checked into Poly. Went over to MK at 5pm with the goal of using 3 FP and eating QS dinner by 7:30. Actually finished at 7:50 with everything but part of that was due to waiting for one of our family members for 15 at one point. MK was projected to be a 7/10 tonight and it did feel crowded! Difficult to walk everywhere we were. But, still, we got to everything on our plan and had a fun almost 3 hours at MK!
I'm glad to hear that your plan went well. That is the same plan that we have when we are staying at the GF next month. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!