• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Hey Rae~

Originally posted by rae519
Hey Laura!!!

Disney Powers will make a decision regarding Dueling Pianos - probably NOT in our favor.... go figure....they have a perfect venue for children, adults and seniors then don't advertise or use it to it's fullest potential - that is, keeping Fidelio there with artistic control and final say so. The man is the perfect entertainer and can read an audience from the beginning of a song! It's incredible what he can do with even the shyest child or most reserved adult.....but Disney Powers are Disney Powers.

I did a LOT of talking to many of the SUITS that were on our cruise this time around - of course, they placate the "fat old woman" with encouragement but nothing definite.

(Hope one of you "Suits/Disney Powers" who remembers me from the cruise reads this!)

Fidelio did many of the requests we asked for and I even got his partner, a very talented, young Roger Daltry pianist named Anton (from Australia) to do "Waltzing Matilda" while I sang along from the audience.

Don't ever ask about "Sweet Caroline" because it was "so good, so good, soooooooo goooood" - especially atop Fidelio's piano!

And for an anniversary surprise - Fidelio and Anton really did us up right!!!!!!!

It just never ended - so much fun, so many laughs and so many new Fidelio/Dueling Piano fans were made!

Michael did the Talent Show and at rehearsal, Fidelio played a duet with him. What a thrill for all of us!!!!!

The weather was great - hot but calm seas and beautiful skies!

I video taped every Family Dueling Pianos - by the way!!! Michael and I haven't even gotten our fill yet!!!!!!

Rock on Piano Guy!

Rae

Rae - this is the report from you I have been looking for. I too intend to talk to the SUITS (again) about how disapppointed I am that Fidelio is leaving and the venue is closing. They did such a lousy job of promoting (or rather not promoting) DP on our March cruise and there is sooooo much talent in that venue that is missed. I am afraid they will realize it when it is too late.

I am so excited for Michael and you (and jealous) for being able to join Fidelio during a number. It must have been a great thrill for you both.

Maybe they are cooking up something better for him. I do only wish the best for his career and if DCL doesn't appreciate him I'm sure someone will.

ANDY, You are soooo talented!! Love the graphic!!!! I happened to catch the 1958 version of THE BLOB with Steve McQueen in it. Did you have a hand in the special effects???LOL. Have a great trip yourself Andy.!!

RAE- it sure sounds like you had a blast. Singing on top of Fidelio's piano must have been hystersical.....now how many cocktails later was that?? Or was it the mango soup overload!! ;)
I am keeping my fingers crossed (and ears) to keep Fidelio on board!!!
Now, has Michael taken to the piano lessons with more enthusiasm after the cruise? Any photos to share? :)

Moi on Fidelio's piano? That was Josephine........(tee hee hee)
And she wasn't drinking anything but water! So figure!!! And no one took pictures, video or got her real name......only her husband and The Piano Guy know for sure......

Yes, talk to the Suits - tell people that if they like the show to tell Disney - there are too many who do enjoy the show and appreciate the talent but don't speak up or even know who to speak to.

Again, the promoting of Dueling Piano's isn't what it should be - many times we were at a 6 or 6:30 show and the MC NEVER mentioned that DP was next, but did mention others.....go figure.
I really was annoyed with that.

Maybe if it were titled differently than "dueling" pianos......maybe if people were to realize that Fidelio and Anton are not only musicians but entertainers...all I know is that the Magic will never be the same without "The Piano Guy" and that's sad,,no pathetic!

Michael certainly has a renewed interest in piano - I do have pictures but have to wait to post them. I can't do it and Andy is too busy. DH promises he will get me a website where we can post them but for now he is playing "KETCHUP" (love that pun) at work and I'm not about to ask him to do this when he comes home late, hungry and tired!!!!!! (I do know my DH!)

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter