HH Questions

DVCLiz

<font color=00cc00>That's me - proud defender of t
What are the costs for the Dolphin Cruise and the shell excursion to Daufuskie Island? I'm trying to get a sense of how expensive our "free" HH vacation will be this summer.

I'm figuring on a tank of gas there and back (a six hour drive from home for us), grocery money for snacks at the villa, five lunches and five dinners out (for three people), rental of beach chairs and umbrellas (don't own these ourselves and hate to think I would have to do it myself!!) and those two excursions. We tried the two Disney dinner events last year and liked them, but thought we'd rather eat out on the island this time around. Any other costs I'm forgetting?

We did the dolphin cruise at Easter and it was $30 per person. If you go on Member's Day (which we did), it is 10% off. I can't remember what the Daufuskie Island trip was, but I think it was more than the dolphin cruise. We loved the dolphin cruise and it consider it the highlight of our trip! Have a great time!

*rental of beach chairs and umbrellas*

If you are driving, you really should consider just buying the chairs and umbrella at a Walmart, a souvenir place, or some drugstore after you get there. I bought two chairs last year (at Walgreens, I think) and used them for my 6 days for less than one day's rental would have cost me. Enjoy your trip, I will return there in June and also can't wait!

We just got back. I remember seeing the prices for stuff posted at the rental counter. I seem to remember the beach combing to be around $65 pp. I thought that was expensive. Why don't you call them? Their number is 803-341-4100. The staff is exceptional! They'll be glad to answer your questions.

Rental of bikes. It cost us $70 for our family of 4 for 7 days. The best thing we did all week! :earsgirl: :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter