HHI - Any DVC Golf Discounts available?

esulerzy

Mouseketeer
Am planning my first DVC trip to Hilton Head next Spring - wondering if that resort has any golf discounts/deals with the local courses there? :confused3 Sort of like we have the $50 DVC membership in Florida!

We are thinking of playing the three courses at Palmento Dunes and one or two at Sea Pines. We hope to check the rest out for future trips.

TIA! :thumbsup2

Your best bet would be to call the resort directly to find out. They have, in the past, offered some golf discounts, but they are always subject to change. I think you can also get some decent discounts by looking in the local newspaper (The Island Packet) or through the golf publications you can pick up at restaurants and grocery stores.

Yep, call the resort and they will be very glad to help you make some tee times. I think the first time we stayed at HH DH didn't make tee times ahead of time and didn't have the best of times and courses to choose from. But last year when we went, we called to the resort ahead of time. I think I remember that he got some fairly good discounts.

Hit 'em long and hit 'em straight.

Thanks! I will give the resort a call. How early do you think I can do that? I will be making the room reservation in Oct (7 months out). I guess I can always call the resort right after I secure the reservation and go from there. Thanks again. :thumbsup2

Am planning my first DVC trip to Hilton Head next Spring - wondering if that resort has any golf discounts/deals with the local courses there? :confused3 Sort of like we have the $50 DVC membership in Florida!

We are thinking of playing the three courses at Palmento Dunes and one or two at Sea Pines. We hope to check the rest out for future trips.

TIA! :thumbsup2

My brothers and I went to HHI in November of '04 specifically to play golf. At that time there were discounts available for DVC members, however, they were no where near the DVC golf membership prices at WDW. The folks at DVC HHI set all the tee times for us and suggested courses to play. We played 6 rounds in four days. Each of the rounds cost us around $100.00. We did not play any of the Sea Pines courses. One brother was on a limited budget and the price for Harbor Town was well over $200.00. We just couldn't justify that given his budget.

We did play the Robert Trent Jones and the Arthur Hills courses at Palmeto Dunes. Both were excellent courses, although the AH course "ATE" a lot of my golf balls. We played the Palmer and Love courses on the mainland. Those courses are owned by the same management company and they had a pretty nice package deal to play both courses. The other two courses we played were at Palmeto Hall Plantation. We enjoyed all of the courses we played but I'm sure that most of the courses available on or around HHI would be just as good.

One final note. Since you said you are going in the spring, you should be aware of the PGA Tournament that is played there. The tournament is played in mid-April. I would guess for a week or two before that Harbor Town would have restricted or no play. Other than the additional people around for the Tournament, I would guess you shouldn't have problems with tee times anywhere other than Sea Pines in mid-April

I went down with a group this past February and had the resort fax me a sheet of the discounted courses they had to offer. After getting the fax I called the Palmetto Dunes to see what their green fees were and they were the same. I booked all three courses at Palmetto Dunes. I highly recommend playing the Robert Trent Jones course. You really can't go wrong with any of the courses just make some phone calls to see if you can get a good rate while you are there.

Try to find lastminuteteetimes. They allow you to call after 8 at night to get discounted tee times for the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter