• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HHI in January -- Good idea?

Saralyn

41 trips and counting
DH and I are thinking of going to HHI in January. We've never been there before. Is there much to do besides swim/go to the beach? :beach: I'm figuring that won't be swimming weather! Thanks in advance.

We've stayed there one night in January on our way to/from WDW. But if you're staying more than that, Late March is the earliest we go. Jan/Feb are cold, and it gets dark so early. We enjoy outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking, as well as swimming at the pool there.

On the other hand if you live somewhere very cold, you might find it a nice break from the snow.

DH and I are thinking of going to HHI in January. We've never been there before. Is there much to do besides swim/go to the beach? :beach: I'm figuring that won't be swimming weather! Thanks in advance.

Hi fellow Texan! We haven't been to HHI in January, but we have in February and we have friends who've been in January. You can't beat the rates then-points or members' cash. Lots of people just relax there-we're not be achy swimmers and we had a great time! You can still walk on the beach, rent board games at the front desk, play billiards in Big Murgie's Den, play checkers, shuffle board, walk aroung the resort and marina, and appreciate that although almost all the restaraunts are open, there are NO LINES! If nothing else, curl up in Big Murgie's Den with a couple cranberry nut cookies and warm apple cider (from the nearby lobby) in front of the fire. This photo was taken in late November, but it shows the "ambiance"-

Thanks for the suggestions! We're tempted to go even though we won't be able to do some of the outdoor activities. Like Simba's Mom said, the cost can't be beat, and we're really just looking for a getaway. Don't know if/when we'd ever book HHI, so this might be our big chance to experience it. Guess I'd better decide soon!

Yep, I'd stay. We stayed in January back about 7 years ago when I had my knee fixed. Just hobbled around the resort and the beach. We had a studio, with a walk in shower so that worked out great for me.

There was just a few there, but, they did have a camp fire and we had quite a time with that too.

Like being on a deserted island with all the amenities included.

We went in December last year. Although it was too cold to swim....we saw a ton of dolphins and had a nice break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter